my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



" During my teen years, for Halloween, I went as a registered voter."
~ Martha Plimpton





About | Theme: SMELLY | Roll
Next week "PRACTICAL"

Sit back, we're about to tell you a little story. You, along with Winston, may think it's a bit fishy once the tale is told. Only you can decide for yourself.

Winston, our white Persian, was in a quandry. He searched around the baseboard, up towards the window sill, sniffing things out...

Then, all of a sudden he jumped up on the leather chair where a little ornery-looking witch, Matilda, was perched, *cackling at him*---almost coaxing him up with her!!



WINSTON: "Okay, I'm up here now." "Whaddya want?" "I'm busy trying to find something."


WINSTON: "There's something around the house that smells fishy, and I'm determined to find it." "It seems to be coming from down there."
MATILDA THE WITCH: *cackles* "You're the one with fish breath!" "Talk about smelly!"


WINSTON: "No, not today." "Anni, the household's HR [human resources], fed me chicken." "I just may smell like chicken a bit, but no fish breath!"
MATILDA THE WITCH: "Everyone tastes like chicken, dummy, not smells like chicken!!"


Winston hisses at her as she moves in toward him a bit.
MATILDA THE WITCH: "Come here...closer, sonny boy." "Have you heard the song composed by Pheobe Buffay in NYC --Smelly Cat?"
Matilda wails out the tune for Winston's ears:


Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,
What are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
It's not your fault

They won't take you to the vet
You're obviously not their favorite pet
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,
It's not your fault

You may not be a bed of roses
You're not friend to those with noses
I'll miss you before we're done
Or the world will smell as one

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,
What are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
It's not your fault!


WINSTON: "I tellya, it's not me that's smelly!!" "And I'm gonna find out where the fishy, foul thing is!!"


WINSTON: "My sense of smell is astute!" "And I detect- smelly!"
Matilda the Witch - *cackles so hardily, she falls over with the giggles*


WINSTON: "It's smelly!" "And it's coming much stronger now!!!"
Winston jerks back at the foul odor! *Phew* "It's on YOU somewhere!"


Winston sticks his nose upwards along Matilda's striped pantaloons, and finds the smelly fishy odor.
WINSTON: "Hey Tahoe, you can stop searching the rest of the house, I found where it's coming from...it's Matilda's business area!"

[for clarity, the images can be enlarged]

<><><>
Night Owl's comment reminded me of a joke. Perhaps you've heard it already, but here it goes:

"I sent my son to Blockbuster videos to rent the movie "A Scent of A Woman" ---he came home with "A Fish Called Wanda".

<><><>




Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

<><><>
MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

IRENE @ The Green Greek

WAKELA RUNEN @ Wakela Runen's World

~ ~ ~
Friday's Recipients
Thursday's Recipients
Wednesday's Recipients
Tuesday's Recipients
Monday's Recipients
Sunday's Recipients



<><><>



63 comments :

  1. What a cute story with just the right pictures too!! It is amazing how you got Winston to pose just right!! CLEVER!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. A great take on this week's theme. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I Love that song ... now it's going to be stuck in my head ... :) Happy photo hunting, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh... hilarious story indeed. I enjoyed that!
    The Rocky Mountain Retreat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well all I'm gonna say is Hootin anni, you're a hoot! Happy hunting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! (Just wanted to let you know candied is misspelled on your image though).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny!!
    What a beautiful Kitty Cat! You really did a great job on photo hunt this week!! and a cute story too! Love and Hugs, Carolyn

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun take on this weeks theme. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable and a very fun take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice for the theme...

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the story!! Wonderful take on the theme this week--so smelly and I love the song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Winston, you are the most beautiful kitty in the world! *Pssst dont tell Tahoe I said that! Love the story, witchy should be careful who she points that bony finger aat!!! lol...Thanks for visiting my fish counter yesterday hun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! My photo is of a "smelly cat" as well...You have a much better presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great take on the theme! lovely photos...cute story. :)

    happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well down Anni, wonderful post. He is so cute that Winston.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dirty girl ! doing that to Winston, lol ! My cats would be offended with this song, they all smell good !
    Have a look on my "cats & funny stories" blog and you can see how little Rosie helped me with Halloween decoration !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anni. I really enjoyed the funny pictures and exchanges between your cat and the witch.

    Thanks for the much appreciated entertainment.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a nice smelly story. hahaha....

    I like your new blog theme - Hey, so many bloggers are getting ready for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL I love your smelly and the story that went along with it. I have foun dmany smelly gifts left by my ferrets, Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want that cat!!! *S*
    What a fun story and pictures too!
    Isn't it amazing how cats are soooo photogenic? They always look purrfect!!!
    Thanks for sharing that cute kitty!
    Loony

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a cute story..really make me smile...nice entry..thanks for visiting...

    ReplyDelete
  22. great take on this weekend theme..and so funny too...happy weekend! mine is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol.. that was one story.. the cat is so cute..oh an i love that song, especially when it was sung by Phoebe on Friends..

    have a nice weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Hootin'Anni,

    What a gorgeous boy your Winston is! Loved the song. Great to start the day with a laugh and a smile. Thank you!

    Happy weekend.

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Robin sent me over to say hi. I love your blog all decked out for the holiday! You hooked me with your fish story.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute photos and story. :) Winston is a handsome kitty. :) Great entry for this week's Hunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your Halloween template. That was by far the best SPH entry that I've seen this week. Thanks for the story to go along with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was going to most that song too Hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always, HILARIOUS with EXCELLENT smelly shots!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are so funny. What a darling post. I think the witch was a little hard on the cat though.lol

    Have a great weekend.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  31. HAHAHA!!! Cute story. And is that Smelly Cat song the same one from the TV series Friends, where Phoebe composed it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. That was an entertaining story.

    ReplyDelete
  33. HAHAHA!!! Cute story. And is that Smelly Cat song the same one from the TV series Friends, where Phoebe composed it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great take on the theme!! The Smelly Cat song reminds me of one episode of Friends...
    happy saturday to youuu

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice theme you have here. I love your caption for this week too. Well done. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is so precious. Thanks for naming the witch after me...tee hee...Mathilda.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great take on the theme. I had fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hootin Anni,, This story is so funny..I was laughing out of my computer chair....I called my husband to come see!!!
    There is nothing worse than a fishy smelling woman.....Love it. Baba

    ReplyDelete
  39. This post is very clever and hooked me in to read more. Your site looks great. Sara from farmingfriends

    ReplyDelete
  40. *Ghaul giggles*

    Wonderful post Anni! You've outdone yourself here, love the humor!!!!

    ...and that song, is one of my absolutely favorites!!!! I love Friends and Phoebe!!!

    (Trying to catch up a bit after being so busy lately)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great photos of cats. I love looking at other gorgeous creatures of my species!

    I also don't get many great stories in photo hunt--at least not big picture book stories!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great smelly post - I remember that "song"...

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love your site! Great little story! And great photos. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a hoot! ;)

    Thanks for visiting ealier :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'll forever hear Phoebe's voice (of "Friends") when I think of that song LOL!!

    Your post is wonderful! It ought to be site of the day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hehehehe! That part about the cat nearly got me under the chair! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  47. great story, and now you've got me singing smelly cat as well! happy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Hootin' Anni'! I love your blog decorations... wow, you're really into Halloween! Thanks for letting me know that the 'Sweet Treat' originated here. There is a link on Vixen's blog, but it didn't say that the treat had originated here so I just thought it was who passed it on to her. Now that I know I was happy to edit my post and give credit where credit is due... to you.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  49. LOL- A fun story!!



    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  50. That was a great smelly post. And your site looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very entertaining story and Winston, your cat, is gorgeous. Yes, we cats do have very sensitive noses, hee, hee.

    Moe & Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  52. long smelly neat story. I did enjoyed my visit. Mine is up at My two Cents Worth and
    The 4 Seasons Of My Life I hope you can visit me too.

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a terrific smelly story! My first time here and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  54. It's just to tell you that today I take the Cyber Cruise to the home of my friends in Italy which dates from 1462 ! I bed you have never seen a thing like that ! (me either before !)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wonderful funny story, Anni. Love it.

    have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great choice for the theme. Have a wonderful day!

    Thanks for your visit.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  57. hahah..that was a good one!!! how imaginative!!! thanks for bringing me a smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  58. annie, i am impressed by this post

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is a great Photo Hunt! The pictures, the story and how the cat played along. Very smart Kitty and we are so glad Winston found the smelly thing. It made Mom laugh!!
    Your FL furiends,

    ReplyDelete
  60. Nice poem. And good smelly stuff for Winstom.

    Thanks for visitin our bloggie.

    Skeeter and LC

    ReplyDelete
  61. Ohhh! Thanks for the little gift. Sorry it took me so long to pick up. Work has been hectic this month.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

.