my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



ATLANTA (Reuters) - Lipsticks tested by a U.S. consumer rights group found that more than half contained lead and some popular brands including Cover Girl, L'Oreal and Christian Dior had more lead than others. Yahoo News©

<><><>



<><><>



And so begins another week. And new treats handed out.
This week's treat:



Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

<><><>
MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

LibertyBelle @ Blowing in the Wind

Mar @ Maremagnum

Carver @ Carver's Sight - Site

JMB @ Nobody Important

Working Mom @ Crazy Working Mom



Note: Last week's list of recipients can be found here.
AND---also, someone pointed out there was a misspelling. The 'candied'...so all the treats have been fixed and if you'd like, just pick up the new candied apple treat from the recipients' list link above, and replace. I apologize! I just don't know what went wrong with the keyboard!! *g* But really, who knows how good a candlied apple is? Perhaps it's a new flavor, and quite tasty. Kinda waxy, but once you get past that part, sweet and tart as can be!!


<><><>
Below, near the taskbar on my own computer's window, I see 'waiting for Technorati'. And I HAVE A HIGH SPEED CONNECTION!!!! It drags on, and my blog is not loading, but at a snail's pace. From now on, I'm not having anything on my blog that will slow down loading except for my OWN blog entries!! Besides, it's beginning to make me feel like "Your blog is worthless unless you 'belong' to this group or that group", and I'm not blogging for popularity. So, I'm gonna go clean my sidebar out of the worthless, and quickly becoming unwanted 'garbage' that is thought to be the 'in thing' to do. I hope it makes my blog's loading time a lot quicker.

<><><>



8 Things That Make Me, Me.

Mary at Mary's Writing Nook has tagged me for the Random 8 Meme.

According to her blog, these are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag 8 people at the end of your post and list their names, including a link back to their blog.
[Tho I don't participate in tagging anyone, you're certainly welcomed to give it a go...list eight facts that make you, YOU---join in!!! I'd be pleased to read the facts.]
4. If you participate in the list, let them [those you tag] know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

First: I am woman, hear me roar!! *giggles* I've learned through the years to stick by my actions and to fight for what I want. I think this stems from being the youngest of five kids in my immediate family. Tho, the two closest siblings swear I was spoiled...I don't think so. If I wanted something that they all had like bikes, ball bats, make-up or what have you, I worked for it. Saving nickles here, dimes there. Until I had what I needed. I also don't take any 'guff' from anyone---this too is from being the young one of the bunch...being teased often, I learned to fight back.


Second: And on the same token, I learned from my father how to save nickles and dimes. Which in turn makes me all the stronger and created a will power to not over-spend; only buy what I can afford. Credit cards are not my cup of tea....too much debt, overly charged interest rates...if I don't have the cash, I'll save for it.


Third: I've always been considerably happy! And here again, that's family. It's in my jeans genes. We've had strong roots, and ancestors striving for happiness....they immigrated from Ireland in the 1600's...from there forward, we've been the people who strive and make happiness if we can't find it. I try to not dwell on sadness. Even a smile will change a bad attitude or depressed/sad feeling. Thinking positive, without negative, works wonders for my life. Always look for a bright side of any event handed to me. When I was growing up I was told "Follow your dreams". But on the other hand, I've never expected much so not to be disappointed either. Yet, it may take me a while, but the good feeling always returns.


Fourth: Having three older brothers and one older sister...the brothers kinda 'doted on me'; taking me everywhere with them [one brother or another]. Okay, so maybe I WAS spoiled. But NOT from my parents. Anyway, with three older brothers, I became a tom boy! I could climb trees, build things, drive at age 8, and love sports [both participating * when I was much younger * and viewing or attending the events], drag racing, cussing, action movies, poker, arm wrestling---things like that. And I certainly didn't pick this up from my sister. She was a priss when I was young. Boys were always her 'thing'. rofl Still, we're the best of friends. I can still tease and joke with her like I did when I teased her about her boyfriends way back when. [I never did learn to spit tho...I, to this day, can't get that down right!]

Fifth: Okay, I mentioned above that I was and am a tomboy. There is one thing I still don't care to do and that's fish. I don't like to EAT fish much. My dad was a fly fisherman, a troller in a boat on the Colorado reservoirs, nearly each and every summer weekend! Oh....and was that ever boring for me being young. Boring with a capital "B". And the fish fries we had....fish in the freezer. Fish, fish, fish!! Nope, I'm not much for that at all, still today. And the then newly marketed "OFF" insect spray....uh, uh!!! That odor still lingers in my soul. [But I would give an ovary right now to be with my dad again, fishing.] Make sense?

Sixth: Now, back to growing up with my sister. I mentioned above that she had 'boys' on her mind a lot. Yep, she was older than I of course, and her boyfriends would bring her home....I, being so young, would 'snoop' on her out my bedroom window. So, even having more fun being a roustabout, I did learn how to be a girl! So, thanks to her, I can wiggle my way around my hubby and most times...be feminine, yes. I can do that!! But wait....there's more. This may be a subject that most will put on the back burner and not discuss. I HATED THE CURSE!! Y'know? That monthly thing?!! After experiencing it along with the pain and hygiene part of it all....the WHOLE cycle from teenage to hysterectomy...I didn't like it. So what if it "made me a girl"? I didn't like it.

Seventh: My man!!! One day, he followed me home from work. At a distance. Nothing scary or eerie about it at all. He was a 'dapper' man. Handsome, tall, dark hair...high cheek bones [like a Native American ---or, okay...I'm gonna say it--like Johnny Depp], deep green eyes. Oh ya, now where was I? He followed me home one evening after work. Not only his looks, but he had a sports car to die for!! Oh how I'd like to get my little toochie in the driver's seat and speed down the interstate with that!! I got home...we had a very long driveway ---when I got out of the car my mother was outdoors watering her potted plants on the front porch. By the time he slowly drove by ---I smiled and waved---saying to my mom "That's the guy I just may marry!" She smiled and just shook her head, thinking I was another insane daughter. Making a long story shorter, 3 months later we WERE married. Been married to him for nearly 40 years. FORTY years!! This coming year. 99% of the time it's been a blissful wedlock.

EIGHTH: Okay so now you know a bit more about me. I have had a wonderful life, with great parents, wonderful siblings [and their husband and wives], two great kids and two fabulous grandsons. I've asked for no more in my life. Our kids, obviously, are now gone from the nest....they're both happy now. Making something of themselves with pride and a new strive on the 'take' of their lives. I've also learned the power of prayer. [I was raised to be a devout Catholic --tho these days church attendance isn't something I do much ---my church is my home and the Good Book!] Our first grandson had open heart surgery at the age of 5 months....prayer and beliefs stepped up and played a big part of having him with us now, in our lives. Prayer played a big part in our daughter's life recently when she was trying to get out of an abusive marriage....she too is still with us and I thank the lord for that. Giving us all more chances than just the one chance!! For my own reason, I care not for those that preach to me ---my beliefs are sacred and I don't want anyone swaying me in another way ---away from MY God. I've learned of miracles....I've learned of giving more and taking less. Oh ya, I'll always be that little tomboy of a girl in golden pigtails, but I will always love my life. All in all, I love my family, I strive to make or find happiness, I don't like to fish *giggles*, I believe, I can be frugal when necessary, remaining deeply in love with hubby for nearly 40 years, I like action and sports. Guess that sums it and rolls it all up in a nutshell. [ya, I can be 'nutty' too!] Yet, I am woman, hear me roar!!



<><><>




11 comments :

  1. Oh, I loved that meme and reading about you! You are very special and you have such a happy blog as well. Love your love story ::sigh::
    Yes, I hear you roar!!!

    And thank you very, very much for the treat! I wanted one very badly but I have blog manners, so I just kept coming until you noticed me, lol! Thanks, such a great treat on a busy sunday :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a very wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your stories!! and the meme i liked it also!!!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the treat!!!Igot it up and put a link back to you just under it!
    trick or treat!!
    hugs
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the treat. I appreciate it very much.

    I enjoyed reading the 8 random facts about you. Your blog is always so much fun and you have a good writing style. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! :)

    I have added you to my blog roll by the way. I usually only come over for memes but I want to come more often...especially since I know your eight facts!

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the cutest blog ever. I love your kitty too. My SIL would love your kitty she has one but it not that cute. Also your Halloween stuff is AMAZING can I tell you that. How fun I think I will have to come visit your blog more often. Cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    A wonderful 8 things about yourself. I'm glad I tagged you and that you decided to participate. I enjoyed learning about you.

    Congrats on being married 40 years. That is a milestone in this day and age. Great work!

    My parents also taught me to save and I hate credit cards as well. When I was a kid I got a quarter monthly for an allowance when Dad could afford it. A dime had to be laid aside for a rainy day.

    Thanks again for participating. I enjoyed every word.

    Have a blessed Sunday.

    Mary

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. anni, you crack me up. thanks for the repeat visits (lol)... and i do have a volunteer for next week! but thanks for steppin' up in the pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay....thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You blog is clever ... love the pay it forward idea. I am not original ... but yes you are a hoot !

    ReplyDelete

.