my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





(for those who are here for your treats...scroll down)



Thirteen Seasonal RECIPES [some may be condensed by me for ease of loading, but links are for the ready following each recipe -some have finished product photos too]

1) ORANGE PUNCH
1 gallon orange juice
1 liter ginger ale
1/2 gallon orange sherbert
Mix together orange juice and ginger ale. Scoop sherbert and add to punch.

2) GREEN GHOUL PUNCH
1/2 gallon limeade
1 liter ginger ale
1/2 gallon lime sherbert
Mix together juice and ginger ale. Scoop sherbert and add to punch. Add marshmallows and maraschino cherries to float in punch.

3) MULLED CIDER [hot cider]
1 gallon apple cider
4 cinnamon sticks
16 cloves
1/4 cup sugar
Mix together and boil for 10 minutes, then remove cinnamon sticks and cloves. Serve in a black cauldron.

(these three above were found at Easy Halloween Recipes)

4) HALLOWEEN BURGERS
1-1/2 lb ground beef
(you could also use veggie burgers)
6 slices cheese
red or green bell peppers
pitted olives
6 lettuce leaves
6 hamburger buns, split
Cut cheese, olives and bell peppers into desired shapes. A metal cookie cutter works well for the cheese. If you find it sticks, coat the cutter with vegetable oil first. Lightly shape ground beef into six 1/2"-thick patties (or 4 larger patties) During last few minutes of cooking, top with cheese, bell peppers and olives to make faces. Serve in lettuce-lined buns.
(recipe found at Fabulous Foods)

5) JACK O' LANTERNS
1 large navel orange
sherbet or ice cream
candy corn
Cut large orange one third from the top and scoop out the pulp. Chop and reserve. Draw jack-o-lantern face on the orange. Partly fill orange with fruit and top with a scoop of sherbet or ice cream. Replace top third of orange as a jaunty cap. Garnish with a piece of candy corn for the pumpkin stem.
(recipe found at Southern Style Cuisine)

6) WITCH BROOMS
Roll of Fruit by the Foot
Thin pretzels
For each one, cut a 2-inch length from a roll of Fruit by the Foot. With the shorter ends on the side, fringe the bottom of the strip (leaving a 1/4-inch border uncut along the top) to create thin broom bristles. Then moisten the upper edge of the fruit with a drop of water and tightly wrap it around one end of a thin pretzel-stick broom handle.


7) VAMPIRE BITES (apples)
Apples
Slivered almonds
Just quarter and core an apple, cut a wedge from the skin side of each quarter, then press slivered almonds in place for teeth.
Tip: If you're not going to serve them right away, baste the apples with orange juice to keep them from browning.

8) SCARECROW COOKIES [these, I think, are adorable!!!]



Cookies(about 2 1/2 inches in diameter)
White frosting
Assorted sugar wafers (about 2 1/2 inches long)
Candy corn
Mini chocolate chips
Bran cereal
Chocolate sprinkles
Frost the top of each cookie. Cut a sugar wafer in half. Add a dollop of frosting to the top edge of the cookie and stick a wafer half to it for a hat top. Place a whole sugar wafer just below the hat top for a brim. Use a little more frosting to decorate it with slices of candy corn or mini chocolate chips. Press pieces of bran cereal hair into the frosting around the hat. For the face, press on a candy corn nose, mini chocolate chip eyes, and a chocolate sprinkle stitched mouth.

9) PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup milk or vanilla yogurt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. brown sugar
4 ice cubes
Combine ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Pour the smoothies into small glasses (this drink is rich) and garnish each with a dollop of vanilla yogurt or whipped topping. For a fun touch, add a pinch of cinnamon or a few colored sprinkles.

(The previous four recipes found at Family Fun)

10) SPIDERS
1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
1 medium can of chow mein noodles
1 pkg. M&M's candy
Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Stir in noodles. Drop by the spoonful onto waxed paper. Add two M&M's for the spider eyes.


11) WITCHES FINGERS
One package of Mozzarella string cheese
A handful of jelly beans
A few teaspoons of cream cheese
Cut the jelly beans in half. Cut each piece of cheese in half to make two 'fingers'. Carve out small wedges of cheese to make the knuckles and a small area where the fingernails will go. Place a small amount of cream cheese into the depressions you created at the end of the fingers and place your jelly bean half fingernails into place.
ADDED note: various plastic spiders and bugs are optional, but offer a nice decorative Halloween look on the serving dish

(the two previous recipes found at Keep Kids Healthy)

12) WORMY FRUIT
8 red apples [cored with bottom still intact]
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
8 gummy worms
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, stir together the
peanut butter and jam. Spoon and stuff
this mixture into the center of the apples.
Place the apples into cupcake tins and set
the tin in a large, rectangular baking pan
that is half full of water. Place the pan in
the oven. Bake for 1/2 hour, until the apples
are tender. Cool for 20 minutes. Place apples
onto serving plates. Put a gummy worm
halfway into a hole, with the rest
hanging over the side. Serve warm.

13) GHOSTS
Chocolate pudding
Milk
Cool Whip
Mini chocolate chips
Prepare pudding according to box instructions
and divide into individual serving bowls. Add
a dollop of Cool Whip to the top of each bowl,
swirling to form the shape of a Ghost. Add two
mini chocolate chips for eyes.

(two previous recipes found at Abby's)

<><><>

I got this beautiful award from Mary!! I will keep it in my 'trophy' room and cherish it forever!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me. It's from the heart, the best kind!!!! And I am glad I met you.


And then, in my comments I read where Talk to Grams had something special for me too!!! I was put to tears with joy ---I felt that being considered uplifting is truly a gift. Finding Carolyn amongst my list of friends was a day that will turn into a lasting friendship!!


Thank you BOTH---Mary and Carolyn!!!


<><><>


Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

- - Yes - -
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

<><><>
MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

VIXEN @ Vixen's Den

CHICKA @ Chicka Nuts

CRYSM @ Memorirs Of a Mommy Blog

SARAH @ Sassyfrazz

~ ~ ~
Wednesday's Recipients
Tuesday's Recipients
Monday's Recipients
Sunday's Recipients

<><><>

37 comments :

  1. Wow -- this really is awesome. I'm bookmarking this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scarecrow cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipes are fabulous. My grandsons and I are going to try that pumpkin smoothie for sure and we always bake Halloween cookies and other treats. The boys will love these recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm glad you had such a great day. Those awards look great in your trophy case.

    Have a wonderful evening.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! I'll save them to my files. Thanks for sharing!
    My TT shares 13 quotes by W.B. Yeats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 sounds delicious (with meat! not veggie burgers).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie,

    Just to let you know that I finally had a chance to get over and visit your blog. It looks good over here! Looks like you got the hand-ups on Halloween..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love the recipes, Anni! And what a beautiful award from Mary. Well deserved, too! Love the poem from MacBeth as well. It's a joy to visit your blog.

    Spookie-wookies! :=)

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now those are truly bewitching recipes! hehe I am so going to try that pumpkin smoothie...I'm telling you, I'm going to be turning into a pumpkin soon with all the pumpkin baking I've been eating lately! lol Congratulations on both awards my friend, you're the best:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. those scarecrow cookies were adorable! thanks for the recipes.

    :-)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great recipes for a party!! Hey...thats an idea;) Thanks...loved your list. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've really gone all out with the cool ideas!! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such spooky fun! Thank you for the recipes! Your blog looks so cute all "dressed up" for Halloween!

    Hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful post. I have to bookmark this. Also, I love what you have done with the graphics in celebration for Halloween. It's really well done. Thanks for a memorable TT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmm, that pumpkin smoothie sounds good...and maybe add a bit of rum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Thank you...I love the treat you gave me! I posted a note about it on my blog! I will have to try those recipes, too...they look great! I love trying new things! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Geez ! you could scratch me from the wall if I would eat all this Halloween stuff I would explode !!!

    But very nice recepes !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum...pumpkin smoothies sound great. i wish I had someone to make some of them for ME. I like the sound of mulled cider too; haven't had any in YEARS

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great. I think I'm going to show them to the kids. I love the cookies! We'll probably use some of them for the birthday party this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those recipes are so fun! I'm going to have to try to make the scarecrows. The hats are just too cleaver not to try!

    Also, I'm working on a cookbook to raise funds for our adoption costs. If anyone has any recipes, especially kid loved recipes that they are willing to let me have please e-mail me the recipe and your full name (to credit you in the book) to blog@getright.org I hope to do this quickly as I plan on having them in print in November so people can buy them for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    Thanks so much!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum. Although, I don't know if we should be donning cider while it's still 90 outside. Maybe come Christmas we can have some with the spiked Egg Nog recipe I'm hoping you provide!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are really cool. I am saving these for later. I love your blog layout. Halloween is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool recipe ideas. I'm going to try the apple/worm one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great recipes. I may have to try a few of them. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for your kind words!! I do treasure you for a forever friend!!

    So glad my daughters talked me into blogging!! AND I told them I can't do this! No! No! I just won't be able too! Kicking and screaming that pulled me into blogand!!
    It has turned into such a joy for me!!
    All my friends say "Carolyn, now you can get out with out getting out"!! Most days I am in with Nancy and this is so great!!

    Today I have to go down to Kelly's room in the basement and work on the computer that has all the needed information for my missionary daughter's stuff!! I have to send out the "thank you" letters to all their supporter today.

    We did have the computer that is down stairs up here BUT, Karen brought over her old Mac for me to blog on.... but it turns out that it is so old that it can not handle the new stuff and just freezes up the minute you get on and kicks you off the internet!!

    So that is why the trip to the basement!! Love and Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great web design!! and Great recipes!! I'll show this to my daughter so we can try some out!
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Halloween inspires your creative side, doesn't it? Good to see adults get into it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a tasty menagerie! Thank you for sharing these recipes..will try some of them out with the family. My TT is finally up..please stop by and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those little scarecrows! And the spiders sound cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yummy! I never could get my ghosts to stand up, so I just melted white chocolate, dipped Nutter Butters in them, and then put two mini kiss eyes on.

    Another version is to use a marshmallow - dip in white chocolate and use two mini kisses for eyes. Either way...mmmmmMM!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yum! those sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anni Thank you so much for the Treat!! That is so kind and wonderful of you! I just LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've been thinking of having a Halloween party...I think you just helped plan the menu!
    I always make popcorn balls with my boys, this reminds me I'd better get crackin'!
    Happy TT!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love your halloween spirit. :) those scarecrow cookies are definitely cute. one of my favorite halloween recipes is the graveyard cake.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I totally want that pumpkin smoothie! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I swear I posted this morning?! I love the recipes. And I love the treat. I followed suit and played it forward, randomly. What great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cool recipes! And they look easy to do. I will have to give a couple a try this year and see what my kids think.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've tagged this. I want to try that pumpkin smoothie. Mmmmmm... (It's also the only recipe I could probably get away with on my diet. ;)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete

.