“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Total Recall...

Recalling my year in blogging:

...finally!!! A full face to face view of the horns!! Isn't it beautiful? I dubbed him Jefé [pronunced HEH fay --Spanish, meaning boss] Dappled and Brindle


ONE COMMENT: "What a fascinating read this post is! Too bad you didn't get the bird you were in search of, but, I'd say the cattle was a pretty good alternative. Those horns are very impressive."



After reading Sandra's post on pancakes - ... Laughing with guilt written all over his face, Bud turns his back to me and the computer and exits the room.
I  follow behind Bud so I can get myself a drink of water from the kitchen faucet.
Still giggling of the ironic resemblance of our conversations , as I walk behind Bud who is now making his way toward the dining room table, I say:

Anni: "Wasn't that a hoot?" I gulp down some refreshing cold liquid from the tap...
Bud: "I swear if we had four cats, I couldn't find a chair to sit on".

By the way he wasn't talking to me in response to my comment about her post being a hoot!!!
He was talking to our two cats who have intentionally taken two of the four chairs to lay upon.

Anni, choking down the water now says: "What's that got to do with the funny stuff I just read to you?"
Bud: "Damn cats!"

He just wasn't listening to me!!!!


ONE COMMENT:   "OMG you've got me rolling on the floor here. Between you and the last blog I read I'm headed off to work with a grin and I'll be chuckling all morning over these."






OCTOBER 2014 ...These two collages are of wildflowers, roses, holly, water lily, ships, alligators, farley boats that are found all over the village, Port Aransas, Texas, wasps' nests, holly growing wild, fungus and dragonflies on the radio antenna--
    ONE COMMENT: "I LOVE your pretty collages. I think I'll do the same, since it's a great way to show off related images and make the whole even better than they are alone! And what a beautiful flycatcher! :-)"


ONE COMMENT: "Ooh, cool shot of the vulture! Awesome!!! I love fall, so I'm very excited that we're almost there."





AUGUST 2014 ...Tuesday Morning...
...a dragon cloud--

ONE COMMENT: "I do love your dragon cloud, Anni!! Fun capture and so lovely! Hope you have a great weekend!! Oh, as for movies -- I quit going years ago, tried one a few months ago and decided I'd made the right decision -- years ago!!"



JULY 2014  ... a lighthouse in the distance. A thing of beauty, a safe house from the disquietude of a vicious storm...a beacon to guide the way for the seafarer...whatever, they're a picturesque, romantic, sight and calming to the senses--


ONE COMMENT: "The second picture!!!! Awesome! Do you know what it reminds me of? That old song, "Red Sails In The Sunset." Have you heard it?"




JUNE 2014 ...does anyone else see something in this tree? I outlined what I saw as a bear and changed the coloring in the inset. I like to find in nature shapes and figures of other things like what cloud formations can be, etc. This, when I walked past it, I saw the critter! See if you can see what I saw....like it was coming out from a long winter's hibernation in the hollow of the tree--


ONE COMMENT: "What a gorgeous fence! I love that sunset pic and I saw the bear before I even read what you wrote. Very cool!"




MAY 2014  From the park, in the nearby area, in a backyard of the conservatory, I spied a beautiful water lily in the koi pond. It was just beginning to open and the reflection of the blossom was seen faintly on the water --

ONE COMMENT: "gorgeous butterfly! wow! that traffic snarl sounded awful. i love that style of fence, too! thanks for linking in! and your comment made me laugh - had to look up that last word you used in that sentence, though. :)"



APRIL 2014  ...the river views could be seen from the Queen Anne style plantation home from the windows and verandas...but the river changed course through history and now, you must walk some distance to see the flowing course of the USA boundary with Mexico. Historians changed the name to Rabb Plantation and the Audubon Society was granted the property [2010 I believe] along with the plantation house which was refurbished just a couple of years ago, and is now the sanctuary's visitor center--

ONE COMMENT: "I felt myself in the plantation home and was very comfortable. It is a very nice restoration and preservation of this is a very good thing. By the way, the owl winked at me! She's a lovely specimen and your pictures are delightful to see. "


MARCH 2014:  ...our trekking around the Botanical Gardens open fields. From ponds, fountains, annual - perennials blossoms, wildflowers, yard art, trumpet flowers, agave in desert landscaping  By the way, those flamingos surrounding the decking are metal yard art.



ONE COMMENT: "So interesting and lovely pictures. Love the crock vase and the yellow flowers."






Anni to Bud: "The sea is a bit rough today, huh?"
Bud in response: "Ha...you don't know what rough seas are!"
Anni: "What do you mean by that?" [knowing all too well, Bud will share some Navy story]
Bud: "I've been on deck of a ship where the storms were so fierce, I had to look UP to see the wave!"
Anni: :silently thinking to herself: Scary!!
Bud: "My Ship was in the wave trough...the wave high above!" "It was always rough up in the North Sea".
Anni: "Kinda like the movie, Perfect Storm then, right?"
Bud: "I guess."
ONE COMMENT: "what a great gift, the earrings I mean. and the visit during spring break. those waves are awesome but scare me silly... i could not watch the Perfect Storm, i left the room and let hubby watch it alone... i am terrified of water over my head. and all things waves or that float. but i would love to stand on dry land and admire."


JANUARY 2014: ...my sketch of my grandson - drawn from my favorite photo of him from long ago when he was just a babe!! Now consider that he was born with Down Syndrome, and just having him sit on his own was a feat worth raving over. But, to have him be so vain [comes with the bloodline I guess *wink] as to sit in front of the mirror while visiting with his great grandmother at her home just boggled my mind. That he could be in control of his muscles and coordination at such a young age after physical therapy so well; well enough to hold on to his hair brush and brush his hair blew me away.


ONE COMMENT: "Amazing photos of the moon and Jupiter. That pelican shot is absolutely gorgeous. Best of all, your grandson's sketch turned out beautifully. What a sweetheart. "






Since comments are fun to receive and read... to allow me to repay a visit to the blogger who takes time to read, view, and critique my posts, I thought it'd be fun to share one randomly picked comment per the months' reviews. Tho, ALL are important to me and very much appreciated....blogging and commenting is what it's all about! I thank each and every one who have remained faithful followers throughout the year. May your new beginnings, the year 2015, be filled with laughter, joy, happiness, and above all goodness in life and love. Happy New Year from...
Anni & Bud

54 comments :

  1. This is the best idea! To choose one post from each month, and one comment from it. You are so talented at drawing, I wish you would have a regular post when you show us your drawings. Maybe once a week, or even once a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you so much Ginny.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha - wonderful comments and shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea. I like how you did one comment from each of those posts. I think I recognized one of them as mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, with you going to work with a smile on your face, I DO think that was your comment.

      Delete
  4. Hello Anni, what a wonderful post.. I enjoyed how you included the comments.. I wish you and your family all the best in 2015. A very Happy & Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection of posts and very nice idea including one comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really fun, Anni. Thanks for the great idea, and I'm very very glad to be one of your faithful followers. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm glad to have you one of my constant followers/friends DJ

      Delete
  7. Anni, thanks for the wonderful review. Some of these were BL (Before Linda was on the blogs), so they were really special to see! Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then, I am glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  8. Great collection of your beautiful photos !
    Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the vulture shot. so texas. :) well, the longhorn is too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...indeed. Both are truly "Texan".

      Delete
  10. Your blogs are so very interesting that I check in as often as I can and always learn something new. Thank you for your leadership so I can follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks again for your positive feedback.

      Delete
  11. Ah, love that Jefe!! What great shots and such a wonderful look back over the year!!! Beautiful way to start my day, Anni!! Wishing you and Bud the best for the coming year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it started your day off in a good way,

      Delete
  12. What a creative way to review the year. I enjoyed your pictures and loved reading the comments you included.. Happy New Year...I look forward to visiting you in 2015 and see what you are up to....

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this idea and enjoyed looking back with you and the comments. that is a great idea.. sometimes the comments are as good or better than my post... Happy New Year and i got yet another laugh out of my pancake post by laughing with you and your spouse speak conversation.. it seems we are all the same and i am glad. happy new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I don't think that post of yours will ever be forgotten. I loved it so.

      Delete
  14. Hi Anni ... enjoyed this post and that you included one comment. When I visit a blog, I love to read the comments and sometimes might visit the blogger making the comment.
    Always happy to have you visit Timeless Treasures. Nice to be missed. Thanks for the nice comment.
    Happy New year ... may you receive many blessings.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You WERE missed....I was getting a bit concerned hoping you were just too busy with life and good happy things were happening.

      Delete
  15. Anni we thank you for each and every post you have shared with us too.
    Happy New Year's Eve and we send wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2015
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have given us so many great blogs over this past year!! All of them interesting, all of them full of wonderful photos, and all of them with a lesson (if we just pay attention!). Thank you, Anni, and I wish you and yours a wonderful new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another interesting blog. Wishing you, Bud, and your family a very good New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The same to you and Bud Anni, and every member of your family, A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember these posts and enjoyed seeing them again. Adding the comment was a good idea. If I remember right, the comment from June was from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....Yep, I think it WAS you Mari.

      Delete
  20. Love this idea! I always enjoy reading your blog , Anni.

    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Veronica. I hope your new year is everything you want it to be.

      Delete
  21. HI Anni A great idea to start a new year and reminds us of your great posts and some of your comments. I really enjoyed reading them again. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.AND BUD (if he's listening!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I doubt he's listening still. LOL
      Thanks Margaret

      Delete
  22. Nice reflection Anni, I love that idea!
    Wish you a very Happy New Year!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember most of these- I sure do enjoy visiting with you. Happy New Year Ani- and blessings to you and Bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Terri, I'm happy that you're one of my steady followers.

      Delete
  24. Wow, nice tribute to your blog of past posts and comments. Nice to see some I have not seen yet. Have a Happy Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was a great year blogging with you. It will be fun to see what 2015 brings here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. great review of your year Anni. looking forward to more in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Anni, you took the photo that I had longed to take, 2 years ago when we drove through Texas, going to California. The Longhorn... and you even got the colour of the one I wanted to take. I actually saw 2, missed both shots, asked the husby to please turn around and his answer was, we will see more...well he said the same thing about Pheasants too...and well, we will not go into that. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and happy new year to you and your family Mary.

      Delete

.