“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Redneck Hunters - Humor - Cotton Candy Sky... O My

 While out 'hunting' for more birds Bud and I spotted these in the fields...








Susie Lee done fell in love
She planned to marry Joe.
She was so happy 'bout it all
She told her pappy so.

Pappy told her, "Susie Gal
You'll have to find another.
I'd just as soon yo' ma don't know,
But Joe is yo' dear half brother!"

So Susie put aside her Joe
And planned to marry Will.
But, after telling pappy this
He said, "Thar'd be some trouble still!"

"You can't marry Will, my Susie Gal,
And please don't tell yo' mother...
But Will and Joe, and several mo'-
The boys, they'd be yo'folk,
they's all, likewis'n, yo' half brother!"

But, Mama knew, and said "My Gal,
Just do what makes you happy!
Marry Will or marry Joe...
You ain't no kin t' pappy!"


On Chritmas evening, just about dusk, I was getting ready to do a bit of cleaning up of wrapping and trash paper. This chore takes me into the garage to open the door and dump the refuse in the bin for city pickup. As I walked to the open area of the garage as the door opened, I saw some dark cloud lines in the sky and had to go back in the house for the cellphone. It all began with this photo. The cloud formation reminded me of horizontal venetian blinds...like the day was at an end and the closing of the blinds will soon bring darkness...
...then, by the time I was finished with the wrapping paper and closing the bin's lid, the 'blinds' had a hint of pink.

The evening was balmy, the temperature mild. I stood outside with my cellphone and just watched the colors change as the sun set in the west.  Turning a full 360 degrees I snapped photos. The moon was 'dry' but very visible at times as the clouds swirled and went from a dull purple to rose pink to amber/orange.

Sometimes it reminded me of cotton candy, or the cherry filling in a chocolate covered morsel. While other times I thought fire, or glowing embers. No matter what; it was all such a brilliant and bountiful way of painting the end of a perfect day!!


...MOVIN' ON...

How 'bout some Redneck Medical terminology?

Ready?



Benign - What you be after you be eight
Barium - What you do with dead folks
Catscan - Searching for the cat
Cauterize - Made eye contact with her
Coma - A punctuation mark
D&C - Where Washington is
Dilate - To live longer than your kids do
Enema - Not a friend
Fester - Quicker than someone else
GI Series - World Series of military baseball
Hangnail - What you hang your coat on
Labor Pain - Getting hurt at work
Morbid - A higher offer than I bid
Medical Staff - A Doctor's cane, sometimes shown with a snake
Nitrates - Cheaper than day rates
Node - I knew it
Outpatient - A person who has fainted
Pap Smear - A fatherhood test
Post Operative - A letter carrier
Recovery Room - Place to do upholstery
Secretion - Hiding something
Seizure - Roman emperor who lived in the Ceasarean Section
Terminal Illness - Getting sick at the train station
Tumor - More than one
Urine - Opposite of mine
Varicose - Near by




More? Y'all want more?

After living in the remote wilderness of Kentucky all his life...

... an old codger decided it was time to visit the big city. In one of the city’s stores, he picked up a mirror and looked in it. Not knowing what it was, he remarked, "How about that! Here’s a picture of my daddy."

He bought the "picture," but on the way home remembered that his wife, Lizzy, didn’t much like his father. So he hung it in the barn, and every morning before leaving for the fields, he would go there and look at it.

The man’s many trips to the barn began to draw Lizzy’s suspicion. One day after her husband left, she searched the barn and found the mirror. As she looked into the glass, she fumed, "So that’s the ugly so-and-so he’s runnin’ around with."




...ONE MORE, THEN I GOTTA GO [no pun intended, but read on]...

A young reporter went to a retirement home to interview an aged but legendary explorer. The reporter asked the old man to tell him the most frightening experience he had ever had. The old explorer said, "Once I was hunting Bengal tigers in the jungles of India. I was on a narrow path and my faithful native gun bearer was behind me. Suddenly the largest tiger I have ever seen leaped onto the path in front of us. I turned to get my weapon only to find the native had fled. The tiger leaped toward me with a mighty ROARRRR! I soiled myself." The reporter said, "Under those circumstances anyone would have done the same." The old explorer said, "No, not then - just now when I went 'ROARRRR!'"

71 comments :

  1. enjoyed the mirror story - happy new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Gerald. Happy New Year to you too

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the list of Redneck medical terminology and the photos of the deer and sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your poem the best. It's funny and probably all too true. I love your beautiful Christmas eve pictures, the colors are indeed wonderful. The crescent moon in a pink sky is my very favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, it could be all too true, sadly. Thanks DJ

      Delete
  4. Hello Anni, I enjoyed your funny stories and post. Lovely sky shots and the deer are so cute. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Eileen. Enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  5. Hi Anni, I loved the Red-necked genealogy! And your skies are beautiful. Love the stories too. Happy New Year. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Jo. Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos Anni! Thanks for the laughs too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He hee hee, thanx for the giggles.

    But your sky took my breath away, so so beautiful.

    And have a very happy 2015 dear Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are on a roll today. I love the pics also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I've had a good chuckle and now it will be a fine day. Your sunset photo series is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....thank you kindly Ms. G. Glad to read this post made you chuckle. Laughter is good.

      Delete
  10. Good chuckles this morning!! The sky photos are breathtaking. Wow. I always love seeing the deer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I just came from your blog. Hope your work day will be over quickly so you can enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the chuckles Anni, and loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post today Denise.

      Delete
  12. I love the south to and do not like cold at all. we both love Florida and would not want to live any further North than where we are. i think you are about the same lattiude as we are. cold to me is anything under 65... we don't use the heat in the house and when the house gets to 70 and under the gown comes out.
    i love your deer pics. especially the ones hiding in the beautiful green bushes. and I like to watch the sky change like you did, and it is never the same

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, cotton candy absolutely, I can almost taste it too! Your humor is so welcome this fine grey morning! I like that list, so happy you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Karen. Y'know? I haven't had cotton candy in decades.

      Delete
  14. Those deer are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...indeed they are. Such a delight to see. Especially so close to civilization.

      Delete
  15. Funny post today on a gloomy morning, thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Paula....I'm still reeling over your rattlesnake rattle collection.

      Delete
  16. LOVE the jokes and I am copying the red neck words, they are so funny! Your sky is so beautiful, and I love the thin crescent of the moon. Beautiful close ups of the deer. Have you ever seen them jump, they can go so high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my age and three older brothers that were great white hunters....yep, I've seen 'em jump. And I always rooted for the deer to get away.

      Delete
  17. You have started my day off with a roar of laughter!!! I, too, love the redneck words, the deer are so adorable!! Thanks for sharing the fun! Hope you have a great New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks. And a good New Year to you too Sylvia

      Delete
  18. Beautiful skies! Love the sliver of a moon against the pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....glad you enjoyed the moon shot.

      Delete
  19. Having lived in KY for hubby's sabbatical year and a half many moons ago, we did hear many of those rip-roaring tales! They get me laughing all the time - added fun is when I read them with a southern drawl! Need to keep them and read them to our seniors! Loved your series of amazing sky photos! Having a do nothing day here - it's a blizzard! outside! Can't wait for the climate to change! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...stay warm and dry Karin.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  20. Anni, thanks for our chuckle for the day. Those shots of the sunset are truly beautiful with all the pink in the sky. Those jokes are fun, but the peom was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I too liked the poem a lot.
      Thanks Linda

      Delete
  21. What a magnificent sun set........ look to the heavens if you do not believe there is a God

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Karen. Love your sentiment here in your comment to me

      Delete
  22. such a pretty sky in all it's various shades. Very entertaining post today

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love you and your posts!!! Loved seeing the beauty YOU saw in the sunset and I love all your good humor!! We all leave here smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, shucks Linda...you made my day. Thanks for the compliments.

      Delete
  24. I love your post ...it gave me a fit of the giggles. :-) I need to remember some of that Redneck terminology ...I figure it will sound interesting with my Kiwi accent :-) Lovely photos of the deer and the colours in those skies are just gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Karen. I must say, a fit of the giggles is good!! lol

      Delete
  25. Anni, stopping back to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post..Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you for hosting Eileen.

      Delete
  26. I love the deer. They're beautiful animals. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are beautiful!! I so agree. Thanks Gunilla

      Delete
  27. Oh Annie, thanks for the many good laughs to start the year with! :D
    Love Susie Lee :))
    And the mirror! :))
    And I do love your photos of the deer and that wonderful sunset!
    Wish you a wonderful weekend!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you kindly Knipsa.

      Delete
  28. Aside from your wonderful pictures (isn't it a treat to go outside for something else and be greated by so much beauty), I loved all of your red neck humor. But, I have to say, I LOL at the end of the poem ... a fitting end to potentially sad story:) Always a pleasure to come see you Anni ... Hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and it's always a pleasure having your for company here, Andrea. Thanks.

      Delete
  29. The deer are beautiful. You caught the sky at just the right time for those lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Pat...I enjoyed reading your WP Annual Report too. That was fun.

      Delete
  30. What a beautiful sunset you witnessed! And you thought you were just going to take out the trash. What a gift. Thanks for the giggles. I really enjoyed that first poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail! It's nice to see you stop by. Are you blogging again, or still on hiatus.

      Delete
  31. Pretty shots of the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic Deer and sky images selection of critters. Have a wonderful weekend and a HAPPY NEW YEAR,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...have a great weekend yourself Margaret

      Delete
  33. Great deer shots and funny poem! I laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you could laugh. LOL Thanks Mike.

      Delete
  34. Howdy, Enjoyed this post! Still smiling as I type here. We need more blogs with humor! Redneck Medical Terminology ... Loved it!!!! Your sunset pics are pretty. Like the wildlife too. Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind comment. You are always welcome. Please stop by often. Thanks again, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by John. Enjoyed reading your comment.

      Delete
  35. Wonderful shots of the deer and the sky is amazing! Funny poem! :)

    ReplyDelete

.