“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Q: What do you call a bear with no teeth?---

Answer: Gummy Bear!



1]

...a Tri Colored Heron behind the fencing in the tidal pools


...along the boardwalk observation deck



2]
...the stress of daily life can wear you down:


...and all you want to do is sleep!




3]
...Anyone who says their wedding day was 'the best day of their life' never had two candy bars fall down at once from a vending machine!

...If you are smiling, send me your smiles! If you are crying, send me your tears. If you are sleeping, send me your dreams. But if you're on the toilet ---what would you send?

...If robbers were to break in my house and search for money, I'd just laugh and search with them!

...Reading graffiti on a tall bridge, some call it vandalism, others call it art. But for me, I wonder how the hell they got up there!!

...HEALTH TIP: If you can't afford a doctor, go to the airport. You'll get a free x-ray and breast exam. Talk terrorism and you'll be sure to get a free colonoscopy.

...No, I don't want to come to your dog's birthday party! My cat's getting married that weekend!!

4]
So, I'm enjoying my visiting time of bloggin' buddies one morning this week and literally found myself rolling with laughter at Sandra's [aka the Mad Snapper] re-post from 2009, Pancakes re-run November 2009. I asked Sandra for special permission to share it here. Why? Well, let me tell you...

I found it so much like Bud and me; the conversations we have here at Hootin' Anni's abode, I called Bud in so I could read it to him. As I finished reading aloud, Bud was giggling too. Yep, deja vu!!

...with the kind, generous heart, I thank the Mad Snapper...Here is Sandra's humorous post tho I'm sure may carry a ring of truth to us all...
"Re-Run post from Nov 9, 2009 - five years ago today... seems I have not changed at all."
--Bob: Where is the syrup
Sandra: In the honey bottle.
Bob: Which honey bottle? there are 3.
Sandra: Not the honey BEAR, the bottle with the dark colored syrup, the light one is honey.
Bob: OK, I got it, am I supposed to be able to put the bottle down?
Sandra: What?
Bob: Am I supposed to be able to put the bottle down? it's stuck to my hand.

I leave the computer, walk down the hall, take the bottle, wipe if off and sit it on the counter. The Rest of The Conversation goes like this.

Bob: Why is the syrup in the honey bottle?
Sandra: Because last time I bought the syrup, the only size they had in Log Cabin was 64 ounces. I told you all this when I bought it and that it was to big for the cabinet and also hurts my hand because it is to heavy. You never listen.
Bob: Why do we have 3 honey bottles?
Sandra: I told you that to. I like the Honey Bear, but it drips when I pour, so I bought the honey no drip bottle and it really works. I liked it so much and the bear was empty, and I wanted to put syrup in the no drip bottle, so I bought a new no drip bottle and poured the honey in the empty bear to store it until the honey bottle is empty then I will pour it from the bear into the no drip, then I put the syrup in the no drip honey bottle.


(his eyes are glazed and he is not LISTENING again)--

...the end




But wait just a sec...read on.

Laughing with guilt written all over his face, Bud turns his back to me and the computer and exits the room.
I click out of Sandra's blog and follow behind Bud so I can get myself a drink of water from the kitchen faucet.

Still giggling of the ironic resemblance of our conversations, as I walk behind Bud who is now making his way toward the dining room table, I say:

Anni: "Wasn't that a hoot?" I gulp down some refreshing cold liquid from the tap...
Bud: "I swear if we had four cats, I couldn't find a chair to sit on".

By the way he wasn't talking to me in response to my comment about her post being a hoot!!!
He was talking to our two cats who have intentionally taken two of the four chairs to lay upon.

Anni, choking down the water now says: "What's that got to do with the funny stuff I just read to you?"
Bud: "Damn cats!"

He just wasn't listening to me!!!!


5]
For this post it's been reported and recorded: "The Sky's the limit"!!!




102 comments :

  1. OMG you've got me rolling on the floor here. Between you and the last blog I read I'm headed off to work with a grin and I'll be chuckling all morning over these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....it's good to read such positive feedback Ann. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Indeed both Sandra's and your conversations were hilarious. Can I take it then that men in general do not listen!!! Love your fences and Egret and the critter on the tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our new fangled credit card enabled vending machine at the office has a mechanism in it that grabs the second bar before it gets all the way down.

    That should be illegal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A credit card vending machine? Oh my. Now THAT should be illegal. I'd be over extended by now.

      Delete
  4. i love this post and not because one of mine is on it.. i think for those of us who have lived a life time with each other, this must be common. i laughed all the way through your conversation with Bud. we have many of those to... i love laughing and this is my first one of the day. my favorite of your quotes today is the reason for not going to the dogs party and i to alway wonder how they got up there to paint on the bridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed this today Sandra.

      Delete
  5. That was a fun post, and yeah, isn't Sandra fun! At first glance, your first photo looked like an itty bitty heron standing atop the fence. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I always enjoy her posts!!! It does look like it's on the fencing nowt that you mentioned it.

      Delete
  6. Too funny! Loved the pancake post and Hubby never listens to me either. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Great Scot didn't appreciate your post this morning... why?

    I woke him up laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your funny post today Anni. sounds like my parents too they never listen to me.

    Fences are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very entertaining conversations! Also the shots of the lizard made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gummy bears love that and will use it with grandson and I like the two candy bars. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm sure your grandson will like this!

      Delete
  11. You have definitely brightened my morning with these stories of gummy bears and sticky bears. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to know I gave a bit of laughter and brightness to your morning DJ

      Delete
  12. So funny! I also wonder how those artists get way up there when doing graffiti. Next time I don't get a Dr. appointment on time, I will just go to the airport they'll see me sooner! Great pictures, love the green lizard! Poor guy, lizard life most be hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...glad you could laugh a little bit today.

      Delete
  13. Funny conversation. Unfortunately, our T-Bob, resident cat, never listens. His favorite chair seems to be my computer chair lately. I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for the visit Georgette. I can't find your blog, sadly noted!! Your Google Plus account shows only posts you've commented on.

      Delete
  14. i like that black and silvery light through the boardwalk fencing. madsnapper and bob are goofy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...indeed. Sandra has a very enjoyable blog!! Thanks for hosting Ms. T

      Delete
  15. Oh my! Sounds like a retired couple I know! hahaha! The one that lives in Florida...but without the cats! Enjoy your day sweet lady! Hugs, Diane in Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you Diane. Hope you enjoy your day too.

      Delete
  16. I love Sandra's sense of humor and her conversations with Bob. You and Bud do pretty good also. Between you and Sandra I have just gotten my daily chuckle. Thanks Anni and those are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandra and her hubby are like many of us trying to communicate over TV, radio, cats, dogs, etc in our later years. He doesn't hear well, the house has odd hallways, the TV is on in the other room, and I'm listening to the radio. Life goes on...we just have to keep laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....around here, no TV blaring, no radio, no dogs, only cats always sleeping. So, Bud truly doesn't listen to me. lol

      Delete
  18. That conversation - and the following by you and Bud - is hilarious. Could have happened here as well. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...we're all experiencing this kinda conversation it seems. lol

      Delete
  19. Very fun time here today, great photos and the best ever roaring laughter with all your fun stuff this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Karen, this is so nice to read. Happy to know there was a bit of fun for you here.

      Delete
  20. You are just a hoot! A happy hoot at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's why they call me 'hootin'

      Delete
  21. My goodness...you are a hoot! Really! Thank you. Hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....thanks. Hope you were able to enjoy a bit of laughter along with this post Ann

      Delete
  22. Too funny! But I especially like the health tip -- what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....yep, it's true. And remember you read it here first. lol Thanks Jean.

      Delete
  23. I love the lizard. It's so cute and the colour is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to watch it fall asleep finally without a care after such a stressful climb.

      Delete
  24. MOL MOL MOL MOM AND I LOVED THAT CONVERSATION BETWEEN MS AND BOB. OH TOO FAMILIAR HERE TOO. MEN ONLY HEAR WHAT THEY NEED TO HEAR AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT...THEIR MEMORY CAN ONLY HOLD SO MUCH. GOOD THING THE LADIES IN THEIR LIVES ARE PATIENT
    HUGS MADI AND MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men better watch out tho....they need to hear EVERY word. Or they get into trouble some time in the future. lol

      Delete
  25. Oh, just the start I needed for my day, Anni!! Cold, wet, windy and miserable here today, but now I'm warm from laughing!! Thanks as always!! I still haven't found a way to delete that jerks comment and he's back again today!!! I did try what you suggested, but it wouldn't work???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and help you. Hopefully, it'll work.

      Delete
  26. Bob and Sandra have become two of my favorite new people...I loved this re-post, but I had already been in stitches over her telling about Bob trying to jump a chain link fence and spraining his ankle. It was the same post where he says he is Red, like Reddington on the show Blacklist which is one of our favorite shows. I wasn't laughing because he got hurt, it was just the telling of the whole thing, plus I couldn't believe he had tried to jump the fence. :-) So, this new syrup story just cemented my already keen adoration of this couple....plus your postscript conversation with Bud was so funny. Yep, Russell and I have some of those same conversations! :-) I also got some great laughs from some of your funny quips (gummy bear/ health tip!) and by the way really enjoyed your photos. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My oh my your post was hilarious! First let me say though that I loved your shot of the heron behind the fence.
    I enjoyed all the humor here today too. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you kindly Ida. Glad you got a few laughs while reading.

      Delete
  28. Well, I chuckled my way through your post, Anni. Why is it that HUSBANDS never listen? Want to say before I forget that I love the perspective of that fence/heron top photo. It's snowing, bitter cold, and blowing here - don't you want to move back to CO?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...I would not want to move back. Maybe pay a visit in late July or August...but wait, I've seen it snow on the 4th of July before. The Rockies are pretty, that I admit, but not worth the many days, weeks, months of snow. Unless you're a skier like you.

      Delete
  29. Now, Anni, that was a hoot!! I loved every word of it. Just made my day and put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's great!! Glad you had a laugh or two for the day.

      Delete
  30. Sandra can be SO funny! She reminds me of Erma Bombeck, remember her? A Tri-Colored Heron??? I have never heard of it, do you have any close ups? It sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes...she is fun and funny. And on my bird blog, I have several tri-color herons Ginny. Just click on the category drop down menu and search for tri-color. There is bound to be some close up images shared.

      Delete
  31. Hi Anni, it's been awhile I have not visited your blog. I noticed your photos are really good! Thanks for sharing!

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! I'm glad you took time in your busy day to visit with me!

      Delete
  32. Well, you certainly made my day, Anni, between helping me get rid of the comment by the sick jerk and with all the fun and the beauty of your blog!! Love those skies!! Ours are gray, cold and rainy today!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad I could help Sylvia.

      Delete
  33. I think all husbands are like that...
    I love the palm tree!! They do not grow here in the frozen North, so I only see them when someone else posts one...

    ReplyDelete
  34. So many giggles today!! Thanks for that!! All men are alike, I think. Seriously hard of hearing. Seriously. (snort)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....it's good you could laugh along with me Terri.

      Delete
  35. my friends when he was in the university hostel, had all the chocolate bars drop out. He had to find a bucket to collect them all. almost 30 year ago, and I still remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that WOULD be memorable!

      Delete
  36. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  37. A funny and true entry. I needed that good laugh tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to know you enjoyed a bit of funny Paula

      Delete
  38. I love the bit about searching for money. I may have to steal it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...be my guest Jen. It's good to share laughter.

      Delete
  39. Oh, my dear!!! You are precious! I used to get you and Sandra confused. She is married to BOB and YOU are married to BUD! I have often thought y'all have so many similarities. You are BOTH hilarious!! I think it is Sandra and BOB that get up at 4:00 every morning and go to the gym. Or ist that you and BUD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I'm laughing at this last question...it certainly must be Sandra and Bob...we don't do gyms.

      Delete
  40. Lovely shots - that heron photo is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely Heron images, but oh my gosh, you all are a hoot, that has to be where Hootin Anni comes from, loved the stories you shared . Have a Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  42. If I was on the toilet, I'd send you my paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...do I consider myself lucky today? LOL

      Delete
  43. lol that pancake syrup story had me lol'ing...i can see that happen here, it all makes perfect sense ;) loved the jokes and quotes too, and the photos! have a great weekend and thank you for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....thanks Tanya. And thank you for hosting.

      Delete
  44. My comment agrees with every person here who tried to explain how much JOY you have given us today - oh, i have never been married - BUT, I HAVE had two candy bars fall from the vending machine at once . . now, THAT'S Memorable. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had that happen before. Lucky you.

      Delete
  45. I love your sense of humor and your wit. I'll have to tell me little nephew that gummi bear joke :)

    I wish you a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks! Glad you enjoyed the gummy bear joke.

      Delete
  46. Loved the Mad Snapper share, I've never had two candy bars fall from a machine, I've often paid for two to get one though :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...how often that's happened to me also Lynn.

      Delete
  47. I'm laughing out loud too....the syrup/honey conversation is a HOOT. And your husband and the cats???? too funny.
    Have a great weekend; hope it's full of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love Sandra's blog! I am still not able to blog much and missed that post, so I'm glad you shared it here. BG and I sound just like that! He never listens to me, either. lol!
    Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm sure you've been very busy with life Cheryl.

      Enjoy your weekend ahead.

      Delete
  49. i have not had a gummy bear in years. your joke makes me wish for a couple. ha. ha!!! ( :
    i love the saying "skies the limit" ... your blues skies are perfect for that thought. what a gorgeous day!! happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's a great view from the boardwalk!

    ReplyDelete
  51. LOL! This is such a delightful post! Thank you so much for jump-starting my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ,,,glad this made you laugh Veronica

      Delete

.