my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




La la, la, la la la la, la la la, la, la....


or

CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join!!

THURSDAY THUNKS is below my



Thursday Themesong...



I've been through the desert....



...on a horse with no name



...It felt good to be out of the rain.



In the desert you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.




Song Link: A Horse with No Name by America

Photos: The desert yucca scene is west of Tucson, Arizona near Old Tucson Studios
The horse...a Clydesdale breed at the Budweiser brewery in Colorado
BOTH PHOTOS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED before. HERE and HERE
Rainy day photo...during T S Hermine...looking out the front window
and much faded [before digital era] sunset photo taken-Tucson's Saguaro National Park --in the outlined and highlighted 'box' is a hawk on top of the cactus.




- - -<><><>- - -

THURSDAY THUNKS


1. Berleen is sending you away again. You can travel anywhere in the world; one destination per day from Friday through Monday. Where do you go and why? Friday....England, Saturday...Scotland, and Sunday thru to the wee hours of Monday....IRELAND!!! [and the rest of Monday'll be in NORTHERN Ireland]

2. Would you keep a secret from the closest person to you if you thought it was in their best interest? Oh yes....if it's in the best interest of both parites, not just THE person, but in the best interest of myself also.

3. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you that you have not revealed in some other crazy meme. I can just about mouth the words/script to the entire movie --- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid! Even 'cue in' the music.

4. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' BS) - what are they? 1] be two sizes smaller 2] eat anything I desire 3] have a house on the pacific coast -free and clear!

5. If you could change anything about your living situation, would you? What do you mean 'situation'? With my spouse? With WHERE I live? What...that was too vague!

6. Who is your favorite character from a comic strip? Please post one strip for us to laugh at. I really enjoy Mother Goose and Grimm...here is a recent one I scanned and saved:



7. Now we have found you dead. What five people do you want to MEET in Heaven? I doubt if I'll meet anyone....I like a lot of heat ---the programmed GPS'll take me south.

8. So since you are dead, what will the title of your life story be? She gave it all plus a hoot.

9. Word association time! What's the first thing that comes to mind when you see the word pleasure? 8 or more hours sleep!

10. Kimber is by the Arizona ocean. She finds a message in a bottle. What does it say? I lived in Tucson....that "but it's a dry heat" really is BS in the summers!!!---and the bottle would be floating across the drifting, sifting sands since the 'ocean' is nothing but beach!!!

11. Would you like to guest host Thunks one week? Answer “yes” here and email us here! If the answer is “no” who do you think would be a great guest host? I'd like to, but I know I could not come up with those catchy questions ya'll are so good at doing! My NOMINATION would be Harriet....I just KNOW she'd come up with witty, different questions for us to THUNK over.


- - -

NOTE: TODAY IS THE 6th year in residence for us in Texas. I wasn't born here, but I got here as quickly as I could.

26 comments :

  1. Another good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love that song!!! and it brings back dear memories too, what fun!!

    Tomorrow is our 17th year in Spain...we were transferred for 3-5yrs, we are delighted it turned out this way, though! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a good song, your pictures equally so.

    i too would keep a secret if it were in their best interest, no need to cause distress that's not necessary. and i love your wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love America and this song. I knew what it was the minute I read the first line. And your title sooo fits. Perfect pictures. Well done. That last picture is stunning. I put Harriet also :) have a great Thursday. Come on Rangers...get it done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song brings back some memories, I haven't heard it in ages. Great photos too, I love that last one of the sunset and the hawk on the cactus.

    Your #1, I would do exactly the same trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those were great "thunk" answers and I loved the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun post Anni, and those photos are incredible along with the words to that great song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have heard this song, but I always remember the music og the Good, the bad the ugly. Watched the movie when I was 13, and still remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one of my favorite songs! Love the pics you posted to go along with the words. I'm not able to play along this week, but hope to be back next. It's a great meme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Anni great song!!! I haven't thought about that one in a while!!!
    Love your thunks:
    1.Alaska the first five days of June 2011!!!
    5.I'd love to live anywhere in the North Carolina mountains...possibly Waynesville or Hendersonville!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may not be able to think of the questions, but you are sure good at the answers!

    I love love the picture of the sunset, faded or not - and thanks for pointing out the hawk on the cactus!

    Have a great day!

    PS - are you going to greet kids at the door as the green faced witch?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for leaving again lovely thoughts for me dear Anni for the TTS. I can't do much hopping today because I am coaching children for a competition and tutoring for the quarterly examinations..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your Halloween rhymes :)
    Thanks for thunking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think that you'll ever grow old! "She gave it all plus a hoot" is a riot! LOL Thanks for playing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That song's going to be in my head all day, but love it, so that's okay. :) The title of your life story is awesome.

    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni, Anni, Anni...I love that song by America.
    I can't stand the heat, but I'll bet I'm heading southward in the afterlife. And the comic was priceless! Hope your Thursday is going well. Hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Geez...why is everyone picking on me today.....

    Anni- you missed a good Palin-like meme yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love "Horse With No Name" and I love that you used a Clydesdale. Just super!! Old or not, the sunset with hawk on saguaro is a beauty. Thanks, Anni, this is great. Sure am hoping this meme catches on big, because I love it.

    Kay, Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cartoon cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was wondering if you were getting nervous that the Rangers are only 1 game ahead?
    Lol
    Love your post as always.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, I'm not the only one who said 'sleep' for pleasure! Your 4 day trip sounds fab, it's what I thought of originally and then said 'nah, for four days a stay-cation would be more appropriate.'

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've always loved that song and your pictures go so well with the words...that sunset is simply stunning!!

    I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions...I've watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid a few times but couldn't mouth the words if my life depended on it! lol You're GOOD!!! I love Mother Goose and Grimm, that's always been one of my favourite comic strip:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that song!!

    Maybe we can meet up in Ireland!

    Love the comic>

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was so much fun to read, thanx for such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the photos and how you connected them with the words. rose

    ReplyDelete

.