my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Be wary then; best safety lies in fear. [Hamlet]


CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join

Flash Fiction 55 below my....



SHOW N TELL



FIREPLACE






- - -



COFFEE TABLE




- - -<><><>- - -


FLASH FICTION 55

Stepping over the threshold
Floorboards creaking and crackling
Leaving the moonlight behind; darkness enfolds.
A faint moan, a distant scream....
Going towards something alarming.
Your daring soul reaches onward,
Continuing in the ebony folds of the
unknown; walls that consume you.
Every step feeling pounding, terrifying heartbeats...
Fright turns to bravery
Courage now becomes unharming.





note: I've had this haunted house image in my graphic folder for years---I do not know from where it came. If anyone who visits knows the credits to the artist, please let me know so I can add it here...thanks.
55 Poem, Alarming, © by Hootin' Anni 2010

23 comments :

  1. bwhahaha...and everyone runs away screaming...lol. seen some creepy houses in my day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the decorations, much better than mine. cute poem thanks rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky ! Love the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni you are one talented Halloween Decorator!!!
    Everything looks extremely Spooky!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was brave enough to come over (can't resist a dare) and I'm glad I did! Your mantle looks great as do the other spots. And it was definitely worth the trip to see your fun profile picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your decorations! Thanks for stopping by SewWoodsy.blogspot.com! I'm your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy 55! Well done!

    And, I love your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hu- hu - scary 55 you wrote...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos.
    thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your cute decorations...
    I need to get busy...Halloween will come and go before I get my few decorations out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A haunted house! Spooky cool 55.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A hauntingly good 55, Hootenanny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it really bravery if there was no real danger to begin with?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like these Halloween 55's. Wrote one myself. Come see.

    My 55 is HERE .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those old houses LOL Ya sure can't sneak around. Very well done my friend. Loved the 55 and your photos are so nice. Have a great Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni, Love all your holiday decorations. You always really go out for Halloween and I know you love this holiday. Have fun with it.

    Great Flash Fiction. Love the imaging.

    Thanks for stopping by my Nook. Hope all is well with you and Bud. Still miss our emails.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whats happening here?
    Is the dawn approaching?
    Someone got Brave all of a sudden?
    Anyway...Loved your 55 Anni!
    Your blog is THE BEST decorated on the Web!
    Thanks for playing, thanks for visiting, and have a Kick Ass week-End....G

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one awesome poem and haunted house!! not sure who the credit is for on the house, but it so rocks.

    And you won a cd over at my place. instructions on my current post!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the greatest post....I loved it. Clever and Fun. Thanks for sharing it with us. Sorry but I don’t know who did the graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your ff55er was a 'screamer' but your house looks divine. Beautiful touches of creativity abound in your to paper to your hand on the hearth.

    cheers,
    joanny
    http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a scary scene!

    Happy halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, your mantle looks GORGEOUSLY spooky! :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

.