my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




I Said I Shall Return....And I'm Returning for Now...

Got my letters sent, and called my congressmen. Now that is out of the way, and I got my thoughts off my mind. I know it will do no good, probably, but my voice was heard. Sometimes when I'm agitated about how things are handled, I don't just talk the talk; this time around I walked the walk!! Being disgusted and just talking about it over the coffee table [or blogging about it] isn't accomplishing much. If only enough people in America would do something to show their disappointment individually [not protesting in huge groups on the streets with violence and signage, but sending emails, letters and calling =more like a silent majority], maybe things would get done. How I can wish!!!

Also, in my blogging absence, I revamped one of my witch dolls and added some yellows. I will show photos later.

Then, my long, tedious job of typing and adding photos to 293 pages plus a cover page is done and saved as PDF files, along with the MS Word files [about half way through the project on WORD - just copying it all from PDF files, it got messed up on microsoft, I had to start from the beginning!!!]. So, double the job- and three people did proof reading for me...that's a total of 586 pages if my math is correct. It's done. Now, I'm contemplating that perhaps I'll do some publishing of this project online. MAYBE!! I haven't decided yet as to what I'm gonna do with it. But at least it's saved, and on discs and I finally, after about 5 years of collecting, and adding data, I can get it off the computer.
Yay!!


Taking some breaks in the early morning to walk, on Thursday, I went to South Bay Park in town, and enjoyed the quiet solitude to view the sunrise, walk the pathways, and enjoy the busyness of the few birds seen around the park...


...of course, the quickly-becoming-a-favorite wildflower of mine, the sunflower:


Underneath the fern-leaf mesquite tree, the glow of the tranquil, morning bay waters...

A snowy egret in search of breakfast...

A willet by the pier...

The pier and cityscape [the tiny island in the foreground has a small bird, a sandpiper.  A spotted sandpiper to be exact]...

The moon...

...and a zoomed-in photo

Storm clouds beginning to break up to another day of record heat!!  [by the way, the inferno continues.  With the Hurricane that hit Old Mexico, Franklin, I was hoping that we'd get some much needed moisture...well, at home at least, we got about FIVE minutes of rain after it made landfall miles away...and the temps returned to a heat index of 105 to 110!!]

I never cease to be dazzled by the environment...this long billed curlew is so well camouflaged in the dried lawn while it hunts for insects, it's clearly, a nature's gift of protection for the hunter and the hunted!!



...and with this post, I am back.  I probably will take a few hours here and there to catch up on house work that was ignored the last week, but I hope to get around to publishing a bit more once in a while and be able to visit y'all again on a more regular basis.

44 comments :

  1. Gorgeous photography and wonderful shore bird photos ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Carol!!! Always love your visits.

      Delete
  2. Hello Anni, I would go crazy if I did get out for a walk each day. This outing was great, I enjoyed the Snowy Egret, Willet and the Curlew. Your moon photos are beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen...your feedback is always very positive and I appreciate it. And, thanks for hosting Saturday Critters.

      Delete
  3. Love that hard to see Curlew and all your photos. I do what you do, every once in a while; I email and call public officials. Mainly I join national groups and they advocate for me, like the NRA, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent idea!! Thanks for the heads up on it too, I will use this for my own personal gain.

      Delete
  4. our heat index has been 104 every day for weeks now and I am sick to death of heat. maybe a few more weeks. my favorite photo today is the sunflowers twined through the rail on the board walk, speaks to me. I love sunflowers and old rustic wood and this is beautiful. next choice is the two photos of birds in the sunshine and the tie for 1st place is the moon and the palm fronds. you sure got a lot of nice photos while creating your project. good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This heat is getting to be old hat, and I'm tired of it. If it would even be hot and CLOUDY it would be a welcome change. lol
      Thanks Sandra.

      Delete
  5. Well done on getting the letters off and getting your Word project completed. Yes, I wish here in our country more people would be a silen majority complaining. Instead people moan and groan to each other and themselves and the situation never improves. My ABSOLUTE favorite picture is the Long-billed Curlew. Thanks for your visit to my blog today. Blessings. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really DO THINK the 'silent majority' if they'd take time to write the government would get more notice than what the media covers on the news!

      Thanks for the compliments and visit today, Jo!!

      Delete
  6. You certainly have been busy. Congratulations on getting your projects done.
    I too have had my fill of this heat! DH and I are planning a birding trip to Corpus Christi in November. Just planning it gives me hope that the heat will go away and I will be able to gripe about cold feet and hands once again!
    Love your photo of the curlew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I too look forward to November here. What part of November will you be in Corpus?

      Delete
  7. Oh my!!! This is stupendous!!! What a huge and glorious return! I have enjoyed myself thoroughly. I have forgotten what your project is...is it a bird book? You really should write one with pictures.I am convinced it would sell well. Three favorites today! The Piper and cityscape, that literally took my breath away!! The gorgeous pier and city beyond, dwarfing the teeny tiny piper, amazingly beautiful!! The next is your gorgeous moon! How on earth did you do that? Did you use a separate zoom lens? Love the egret's yellow feet! And how you can find such hidden birds like this curlew is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....thanks so much for your enthusiastic response to my post Ginny!! Isn't that curlew well camouflaged? I thought so too. lol

      Delete
  8. No, I don't collect stamps. But nowadays there are so many really good choices! Lots of different options for sure. The time before this, I got Barnum and Bailey circus stamps. Now I wish I had posted them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, like with your new collection you posted about, stamp collecting could be VERY addictive.

      Delete
  9. All your photos are beautiful, and that last one is AMAZING!
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That moon shot is incredible. The detail you captured is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....it's only 'cause of my zoom lens.

      Delete
  11. Welcome back. You did good getting all that accomplished. Loving all your photos today

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you told us what you were gong to do and not be blogging for awhile, I missed it. I have missed your post. Always so good. I love your header. I am with you, more people need to band together as decent group and work together. We need this in my area now, but cannot beat city hall and the minority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't get me started on the city governments!!! Lordy. That's a whole 'nother ballpark, isn't it?

      Delete
  13. Welcome back! You did good.
    I tend to call my congresswoman, but I always feel it does no good. She always sends a letter back saying why she doesn't agree with me... I agree with your thoughts on letters and calls rather than the big protests. I feel like half the time they don't even know what they are protesting for.
    Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly....sometimes it seem like "monkey see, monkey do". Y'know?

      Delete
  14. Good to have you back. Great photos. I don't think I could pick a favourite,but then,I don't have to.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rofl....but if you HAD to choose? [kidding]

      Delete
  15. Sounds like you really had a productive time! And wonderful photography to come back with..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to see you back but glad you got so much done. I'm so behind in everything these days. The heat is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,....here too, the temps have been atrocious this summer. More so than last year, I think. Of course, I probably say that EVERY year. lol

      Delete
  17. Good to see you back and to hear about your adventures including pics. Heat still going on here as well, but the rain seems to be back to its afternoon showers as opposed to on and off all day.
    I have come to use the free app Weatherbug.. it has a choice of "spark" which tells and shows in real time where the lightening is. The only way I can be sure it is safe to be out and about and not get caught. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...at least you are GETTING rain...here, nada. I too have Weatherbug.

      Delete
  18. You have been one busy gal...I sure need to transfer my 10 yrs of blogging some way but.....I really don't know how. I'd like to make some books of it.

    Thank you so much for your visit and kind words. To lose him has broken my heart so that it can never ever be fully whole again. I am doing ok...life is different now...but, after a month, I am learning to take deep breaths again. I wish I could visit you and take some of those long walks with you...medicine for my soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could come here and walk, then off to the donut shop together so we can chat!!!
      Thanks for the visit BJ

      Delete
  19. I am so impressed! But then, you never fail to impress me with your photos and the wonderful way yo live your life! Congratulations on your project! I hope you do share it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about sharing....maybe someday. lol
      Thanks Linda.

      Delete
  20. Your pictures are simply stunning. Wonderful to gaze at without feeling the heat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for the air conditioner. lol
      Thanks D J

      Delete
  21. Beautiful flowers and birds, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Back with a bang! You accomplished a good deal in a short time. Great photos of all and favorite is moon with palm. Not hot at all here this year but I don't envy you because I wouldn't be able to stand your heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say it's "not hot here this year". lol
      Thanks Ms. G

      Delete

.