Our dear -golden-eyed- Pretty Kitty....aka Tahoe
[Bud took this with his cellphone]
HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR CAT TODAY? ...Today is also Hug Your Cat Day!
HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR CAT TODAY? ...Today is also Hug Your Cat Day!
CONNECTING TO:
_ _ _
MONDAY MORSELS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORBIN
[click on button to help celebrate]
Altho we're two cats we'd like to join in on the Pitty Post Day. We're being profiled on Hootin' Anni's today, just 'cause. The Pitty Party is to make us aware of the reputation of Pit Bull breed...which is highly falsified and unfair. So, take some "pitty" on us too. First off our mom, as she was reading the stipulations to join...knowing another breed of dog that gets a lot of negative responses from humans...she says "I've had a Doberman Pincher when I was a lot younger, and they always got a bad rap too just like Pit Bulls. And noting what is written and said of the 'bad dogs' is not always true. It mostly comes from how dogs are raised and what the family atmosphere is like." At least that's HER opinion. Dobie's are one of the most loyal and kind dogs around...protective to a nth degree, but that is what they were all about from the beginning of time. Now if you want our feline opinions on OUR lives, we two are most likely the epitome of Yin and Yang. While "yin" would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, "yang" would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen.This Symbol (Yin-Yang) as you see in our photo just below Tahoe's butt...it represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents "everything", while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called "yin" (black) and "yang" (white), which cause everything to happen. Tahoe is YANG...and I, Winston, am more the passive one...Yin. By the way, Tahoe is my opposite...she's black [black cats get a bad reputation for being evil]...I can protest to that...she is sweet but a bit arrogant. Our slave, Hootin' Anni, calls her pretty kitty. That is the only name she recognizes...talk about aloof!!! Of course, my whole title is Sir Winston of South Texas --- I am royalty. Of Persian descent. Which makes me handsome. The pitty of my existence is my long white hair....I'm accused of shedding and laying on laps only when they wear dark colored clothes. But look at my face...I'm just as sweet, if not more so, as Tahoe. Not quite as arrogant. ...would someone please clean out the litter tray?!!! Now that's truly the work of "two energies" of yin and yang!!! ---"it" happens!!



Nope... but has definitely huged me ;)
ReplyDeleteMollyxxx
...well now, you gotta give a hug back then, right? :o)
DeleteHappy hug your cat day! Our cat, Oliver is still sleeping with Heather, but I'll hug him later. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the write up by Winston!
Ya, he does get a bit carried away when it comes to chattin'. LOL
DeleteI don't have a cat to hug, but I will be at DD's this afternoon ... and I'll hug their cats! ;-)
ReplyDelete'kay....that sounds like a good thing to do. Hug DD's cats.
DeleteTahoe and Winston, here are two hugs for you both on hug your cat day!! Whoopee.
ReplyDeleteMom and I thoroughly enjoyed your Pitty Post. It reminded her of a childhood friend whose parents who had 2 beautiful, sweet Dobies when she was learning to walk. The male Dobie was very tall and so sweet. They told us their daughter would pull up under the male and then he would gently walk as she took baby steps.
Mom and I are celebrating Corbin too
Hugs Madi and Mom
I know ours was one of the sweetest dogs we ever had.
DeleteNow that was a really fun pitty post! I love you two kitties and would hug you if I could. Thank you for learning how to blog and sharing your talents with me! :-)
ReplyDeleteCome on down sometime...we'd all love give you a hug too.
DeleteWe got lots of hugs already and we want to share them with the Pit Bulls everywhere!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!!! Sharing is always a good thing.
DeleteEine wunderschöne Katze und ich hatte einmal zwei, davor die Jahre immer wieder Katzen, jetzt nicht mehr.
ReplyDeleteLG Mathilda ♥
Yes, she is beautiful....as is her personality.
DeleteI did not hug him this morning but does his tummy rub count. He always rolls over when I leave in the morning so I can scratch his tummy.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Oh....tummy rubs are GOOD!! [for cats too]
DeleteI need a cat to hug. We had to leave our sweet Tilly behind when we moved. After being with our family for over 14 years it was hard to leave her, but my good friend and neighbor adopted her and she is a happy cat with an entire barn to herself!
ReplyDeleteAs long as she's happy...that is what counts. Perhaps you can go visit her sometime when your move if a finality. Getting close!!!
DeleteNo cats any more..but a spoiled rotten Bichon Frise who loves hubby WAY more than me! So, no hugs for me...loved the writeup by Winston!
ReplyDeleteYou can hug your Bichon....that's allowed.
DeleteWell happy hug your cat day. No cats here for me to hug but maybe I'll get Duke to purr a little and I can pretend :)
ReplyDelete...and I bet he would too. Anything for you.
DeleteBig hugs to Tahoe and Winston for helping me celebrate all that is good about all breeds of dogs! And that no dog breed should be singled out because of the act of one dog with bad humans! Thanks so much for joining in on Pitty Post Day!
ReplyDelete-Corbin
Thank YOU for the invite. Hope your day was filled with happy times and a humongous amount of pets & lovin'!!
DeleteThis day has been everything I could have ever wished for! I'm so grateful for the support from all of my bloggin' friends... and I'm also grateful for the extra treats, sweet taters in my dinner and lots of lovin' and snugglin' I'm getting today! Thanks again for being part of my wonderful birthday!
Delete-Corbin
Your kitties are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Myrna.
DeleteSuch a gorgeous picture of Tahoe...love those eyes!!! Since I don't have a cat, maybe I'll go over to my friend June and hug her cat! lol
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading the Pitty post and yes, Pit Bulls and Dobermans do indeed get a bad rap, just because of some random attacks. My brother Mike has two Pit Bulls and they are the biggest babies I know:-) My niece by marriage, Deb, has had a few Dobermans and again, they were just big sucks! lol Not a mean bone in their body!! Great post as usual, my dear:-) xoxo
She's a cutie pie. sandie
ReplyDelete...that, she is. :o)
DeleteSuch sweet cats. :) We don't have cats we can hug here. We have feral cats that like to park on our front porch where they can watch the birds at the feeders through the bushes. The birds always win, but the cats think they have a chance. Our two Labs have plenty to say to the cats when they see them through the french doors. :) Yes, it's busy here. No cats to hug, but we do have cats. (We used to have inside cats, but daughter's boyfriend is highly allergic....)
ReplyDeletebeing allergic to cats must be torture. I'm glad I'm not inflicted with that....as I love cats.
DeleteOh, Dear....Trouble is not going to be happy with his mom and dad. We must hug him before we crash for the night. This is one of those warm and fuzzy posts. genie
ReplyDeleteHope you did afterall....either case, you can hug 'em every day, right?
DeleteNo but I did hug my poochie♥
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}}
Donna
...that counts in my book!!
DeleteHi Anni, I have never had any experience --good or bad--with Pit Bulls. But--they do have a bad reputation. I do know of someone who has a Pit --and says that he is the best pet he's ever had... SO--- it's good to give them a better reputation.. Guess it's just the way they are trained.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy
Yes, I agree.....it's how they're trained and the love they receive. Not abuse.
DeleteThank you so much for your wonderful post. I'm sure the Fearless 5 are looking down from the bridge smiling right now because of all the pitty love in Blogville. Too bad it isn't that way everywhere.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless....Mona, Weenie & the Mommy too..
Yep....you're so right.
DeleteI have hugged my puppy, over and over. lol
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Pitty Post Anni. There are several breeds that get a really bad rap when it's the owners who are to blame. That's a great shot of Winston and Tahoe. By the time I finished hugging all my kitties I was plume tuckered out and they had all lined up for more hugs. HaHa!!
ReplyDelete