MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




Purrrrrfection

Our dear -golden-eyed- Pretty Kitty....aka Tahoe
[Bud took this with his cellphone]
HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR CAT TODAY? ...Today is also Hug Your Cat Day!





CONNECTING TO:

studio waterstone



_ _ _


MONDAY MORSELS



HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORBIN
[click on button to help celebrate]



Altho we're two cats we'd like to join in on the Pitty Post Day. We're being profiled on Hootin' Anni's today, just 'cause. The Pitty Party is to make us aware of the reputation of Pit Bull breed...which is highly falsified and unfair. So, take some "pitty" on us too. First off our mom, as she was reading the stipulations to join...knowing another breed of dog that gets a lot of negative responses from humans...she says "I've had a Doberman Pincher when I was a lot younger, and they always got a bad rap too just like Pit Bulls. And noting what is written and said of the 'bad dogs' is not always true. It mostly comes from how dogs are raised and what the family atmosphere is like." At least that's HER opinion. Dobie's are one of the most loyal and kind dogs around...protective to a nth degree, but that is what they were all about from the beginning of time. Now if you want our feline opinions on OUR lives, we two are most likely the epitome of Yin and Yang. While "yin" would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, "yang" would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen.This Symbol (Yin-Yang) as you see in our photo just below Tahoe's butt...it represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents "everything", while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called "yin" (black) and "yang" (white), which cause everything to happen. Tahoe is YANG...and I, Winston, am more the passive one...Yin. By the way, Tahoe is my opposite...she's black [black cats get a bad reputation for being evil]...I can protest to that...she is sweet but a bit arrogant. Our slave, Hootin' Anni, calls her pretty kitty. That is the only name she recognizes...talk about aloof!!! Of course, my whole title is Sir Winston of South Texas --- I am royalty. Of Persian descent. Which makes me handsome. The pitty of my existence is my long white hair....I'm accused of shedding and laying on laps only when they wear dark colored clothes. But look at my face...I'm just as sweet, if not more so, as Tahoe. Not quite as arrogant. ...would someone please clean out the litter tray?!!! Now that's truly the work of "two energies" of yin and yang!!! ---"it" happens!!



42 comments :

  1. Nope... but has definitely huged me ;)

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well now, you gotta give a hug back then, right? :o)

      Delete
  2. Happy hug your cat day! Our cat, Oliver is still sleeping with Heather, but I'll hug him later. :)
    I loved the write up by Winston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, he does get a bit carried away when it comes to chattin'. LOL

      Delete
  3. I don't have a cat to hug, but I will be at DD's this afternoon ... and I'll hug their cats! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'kay....that sounds like a good thing to do. Hug DD's cats.

      Delete
  4. Tahoe and Winston, here are two hugs for you both on hug your cat day!! Whoopee.

    Mom and I thoroughly enjoyed your Pitty Post. It reminded her of a childhood friend whose parents who had 2 beautiful, sweet Dobies when she was learning to walk. The male Dobie was very tall and so sweet. They told us their daughter would pull up under the male and then he would gently walk as she took baby steps.

    Mom and I are celebrating Corbin too
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ours was one of the sweetest dogs we ever had.

      Delete
  5. Now that was a really fun pitty post! I love you two kitties and would hug you if I could. Thank you for learning how to blog and sharing your talents with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down sometime...we'd all love give you a hug too.

      Delete
  6. We got lots of hugs already and we want to share them with the Pit Bulls everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go!!! Sharing is always a good thing.

      Delete
  7. Eine wunderschöne Katze und ich hatte einmal zwei, davor die Jahre immer wieder Katzen, jetzt nicht mehr.

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is beautiful....as is her personality.

      Delete
  8. I did not hug him this morning but does his tummy rub count. He always rolls over when I leave in the morning so I can scratch his tummy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....tummy rubs are GOOD!! [for cats too]

      Delete
  9. I need a cat to hug. We had to leave our sweet Tilly behind when we moved. After being with our family for over 14 years it was hard to leave her, but my good friend and neighbor adopted her and she is a happy cat with an entire barn to herself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as she's happy...that is what counts. Perhaps you can go visit her sometime when your move if a finality. Getting close!!!

      Delete
  10. No cats any more..but a spoiled rotten Bichon Frise who loves hubby WAY more than me! So, no hugs for me...loved the writeup by Winston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can hug your Bichon....that's allowed.

      Delete
  11. Well happy hug your cat day. No cats here for me to hug but maybe I'll get Duke to purr a little and I can pretend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I bet he would too. Anything for you.

      Delete
  12. Big hugs to Tahoe and Winston for helping me celebrate all that is good about all breeds of dogs! And that no dog breed should be singled out because of the act of one dog with bad humans! Thanks so much for joining in on Pitty Post Day!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for the invite. Hope your day was filled with happy times and a humongous amount of pets & lovin'!!

      Delete
    2. This day has been everything I could have ever wished for! I'm so grateful for the support from all of my bloggin' friends... and I'm also grateful for the extra treats, sweet taters in my dinner and lots of lovin' and snugglin' I'm getting today! Thanks again for being part of my wonderful birthday!
      -Corbin

      Delete
  13. Your kitties are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous picture of Tahoe...love those eyes!!! Since I don't have a cat, maybe I'll go over to my friend June and hug her cat! lol

    Enjoyed reading the Pitty post and yes, Pit Bulls and Dobermans do indeed get a bad rap, just because of some random attacks. My brother Mike has two Pit Bulls and they are the biggest babies I know:-) My niece by marriage, Deb, has had a few Dobermans and again, they were just big sucks! lol Not a mean bone in their body!! Great post as usual, my dear:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's a cutie pie. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such sweet cats. :) We don't have cats we can hug here. We have feral cats that like to park on our front porch where they can watch the birds at the feeders through the bushes. The birds always win, but the cats think they have a chance. Our two Labs have plenty to say to the cats when they see them through the french doors. :) Yes, it's busy here. No cats to hug, but we do have cats. (We used to have inside cats, but daughter's boyfriend is highly allergic....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. being allergic to cats must be torture. I'm glad I'm not inflicted with that....as I love cats.

      Delete
  17. Oh, Dear....Trouble is not going to be happy with his mom and dad. We must hug him before we crash for the night. This is one of those warm and fuzzy posts. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you did afterall....either case, you can hug 'em every day, right?

      Delete
  18. No but I did hug my poochie♥
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that counts in my book!!

      Delete
  19. Hi Anni, I have never had any experience --good or bad--with Pit Bulls. But--they do have a bad reputation. I do know of someone who has a Pit --and says that he is the best pet he's ever had... SO--- it's good to give them a better reputation.. Guess it's just the way they are trained.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree.....it's how they're trained and the love they receive. Not abuse.

      Delete
  20. Thank you so much for your wonderful post. I'm sure the Fearless 5 are looking down from the bridge smiling right now because of all the pitty love in Blogville. Too bad it isn't that way everywhere.

    God Bless....Mona, Weenie & the Mommy too..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have hugged my puppy, over and over. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great Pitty Post Anni. There are several breeds that get a really bad rap when it's the owners who are to blame. That's a great shot of Winston and Tahoe. By the time I finished hugging all my kitties I was plume tuckered out and they had all lined up for more hugs. HaHa!!

    ReplyDelete

.