my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Easter Parade "Critters"

Mr. and Mrs. Bunny have graced our coffee table for a while now. All decked out in their Easter Bonnet [Hat]...while Mr. Ducki and Bobbi Bunni have shared a hug or two in the center of our dining room table. Only a partial showing of my cup collection is shown here on the fireplace mantel...all found in an Easter Grassy Knoll....










Easter Egg Cup Collection
[partial]
Religious Painting of Sunrise Service
CORPUS CHRISTI BAY
painted by: Me
post of me painting the picture HERE
copyrighted...all rights reserved




My cup collection totals 37 now, with three or four years of discovering my first one, then....accumulating more each year since. I've, in the past, posted photos of the growing mass here and here.









CONNECTING TO:
Camera Critters



- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES

These are: Actual Announcements from Church Bulletins




• Thursday night – potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.

• For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

• The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.

• Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.

• Wednesday, the Ladies Liturgy Society will meet. Mrs. Jones will sing "Put Me In My Little Bed" accompanied by the pastor.

• Thursday at 5:00 p.m. there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All wishing to become little mothers, please see the minister in his study.

• This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.

• Next Sunday, a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will come forward and get a piece of paper.

• A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.

• At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" – come early and listen to our choir practice.

• The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

• The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.

• The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.

• Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday. Please use the back door.

• Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.

• Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.

• Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.

• The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."


list from Clean Religious Jokes

45 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. As I read, copied and posted 'em here, I too was laughing.

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful photos! I am still chuckling about the church bulletin misprints!
    Easter blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. Hope you have a peaceful, loving Easter too.

      Delete
  3. The church bulletin misprints are always good for a laugh! You are really decked out for Easter...I just have my little wire bunny that holds some eggs up. The grandkids will be here tomorrow for Sunday dinner, then an egg hunt...hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By now, you know me....I love to put out decorations for the holidays. LOL

      Delete
  4. Okay, Anni, I am now wiping the tears of laughter from my face. That was a whole lotta fun. I too would like to see Mrs. Lewis lay that egg on the altar. Oh my! Still smiling. Thank you, and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...they were truly a hoot this time.

      Delete
  5. I love your egg cup collection!
    Those bulletin announcements are the best - thanks for the laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collecting 'em is a total blast!! I never knew they existed, except for the plain kind....
      Yes...that's a good word you used ---"bulletin announcements"...I could not come up with anything like that this morning. LOL

      Delete
  6. cute easter bunnies.

    I almost wish our church bulletins were that entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be fun to read the notices each week, if they WERE that funny.

      Delete
  7. a good photo opportunity for the Easter season; well done, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've got a wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed viewing part of my Easter Parade, Pat!

      Delete
  9. Love your cups, Anni. Didn't realize you were an artist also. Love the write ... big chuckles here.

    Happy Easter
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you too, Marydon.

      Delete
  10. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Annie Sweetie...
    Oh what a beautiful share today as always, you never disappoint one that comes for a visit.

    I love your characters. They are so precious. Mr. and Mrs. Bunny fit you and Bud to a "T". So cute. Your mantel is beautiful and I love all the egg cups. Everytime I see one, I think of you and smile. Wow you sure have a LOT of them. Colorful and fun.

    Loved your church bulletin shares. LOL. You are such a HOOT you are. Have a glorious Easter Sunday dear friend. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet, sweet Sherry!!! I'm so happy that you paid me a visit today. Your Easter wish made me thrilled!!

      Delete
  12. What wonderful Easter critters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much...and glad you came over to visit.

      Delete
  13. Love your Easter critters! Very inventive!

    Here is my very first Camera Critters:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/camera-critters-4812.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself. I do hope you can return if and when you find time.

      Delete
  14. A wonderful post... I have a great big smile on my face writing this comment..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! I'm glad you could smile along with me today.

      Delete
  15. This post made me smile!
    Mr. Ducki and the Bunny are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Pia!!! I'm happy to know you could smile along with me today.

      Delete
  16. Annie, your egg cup collection is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan...happy Easter to you.

      Delete
  17. What an amazing collection of egg cups. Your little critters are adorable, especially the one who're hugging each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....y'know Cheryl, I like that best too.

      Delete
  18. What a sweet collection of Easter decorations. Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann!!! It's nice to see you again. Hope your time off was good for you.

      Delete
  19. Wonderful, wish you Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Rajesh!!!

      Delete
  20. I'm trying to play "catch up" on everyone's blog. Thanks for all the church "goofs'---just hilarious!!!! Looks like you are ready for Easter. Have a joyous and blessed Easter, my friend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mickie...it's nice to see you stop by. I hope your Easter will be blessed with joy and peacefulness as the day comes.

      Delete
  21. Those are the cutest critters I've seen so far today. Happy Easter! Asking a favor...would you please stop by and tell me which of my bird shots you think is the best to present to Camera Club. I know you have lots of bird expertise. If you have time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first photo....hands down!!!

      Delete
  22. I love the Easter photos. And a painting. I still want to take up painting!
    I love those quotes... really.
    Greetings from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete

.