my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds






<><><>




<><><>

Lookeeeeeeee here!! I just feel like smiling to everyone today! Our son has worked long hard days, months, and years to get to this point in his life. I'm so proud. As he is of himself. He deserves all he's accomplished. 'Cause he did it all on his own, with no financial help from us...his parents. Just this past May [in fact, on his birthday], he received his Master's Degree in Liberal Arts. With all intentions of someday becoming a college professor. And oh so quickly he was hired on as the university's staff for the Fall Semester! *beaming with joy*

It's now official. His mugshot photo and staff information is listed with the University's staff book! Houston, watch out! He's on a roll!!!!



<><><>



I just received this wonderful "Fabulous" award. Crysm at Memoirs of a Mommy was very kind to think of me! Of my blog, and others she mentioned, I appreciate all she wrote: "These are a few of the blogs I have come across since I started blogging and I really enjoy reading them. Go check them out and see why!"
Thank you so much!!



Also, to my surprise, Talk to Grams, presented me with this very lovely and meaningful award. I thank you, Carolyn, for honoring me with this. You certainly have graced us all with your presence in the blog community. And I feel much obliged to you for thinking of me!!

<><><>



A different week. And new and different treats handed out.
This week's treat:



Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

<><><>
MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

Jeni @ Down River Drive

Janeywan @ Life in Westcliff

Chris B @ Ms. Cellania

Blue Momma @ Life in a Fishbowl

Alix @ D C Days



41 comments :

  1. This is the crocheted witch I just finished today. I found a crochet pattern online and tweaked it a bit and added the crocheted cape, and witch's hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog. Great WW by the way. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so cool! it has been ages since I tried crochet. congratulations on your son's accomplishment!
    and to you, too, for raising such an awesome guy! :)

    ps. congratulations on the awards, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! You can crochet too!! So neat!! Congrats on your son's accomplishment at college!! This is a big deal!! You have to be so proud.... Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great WW!! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the crocheted witch--she's adorable! Where will you set her?

    And congratulations on your son's achievements! I know we never get past worrying about our children, but now and then a sigh of relief is welcome, isn't it?

    And congratulations on your blog awards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the crochet with. i use to make angels like that..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your son's accomplishment! That is absolutely wonderful! I would be so proud too! Good job....you're the mom behind the man! :0)

    Also, congratulations on your two wonderful awards! You deserve them!

    Hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    Loved the crocheted witch. You are very creative.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had heard you had a cool Halloween theme going on over here and you do, you do!

    Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots - WOW what talent! And congrats on your son, you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great WW! How fun - I love Halloween decorations.

    Congrats on you son or should I say Congrats to your son. That is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni!!

    I love the little witch!! She's cool!!

    And I know you must be so proud of your son!! Congrats to him!!

    ...and you keep getting all those neat awards!! But always well deserved!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cute....You are very talented. Im impressed:) Happy WW and congrats on the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that crocheed witch! That is too awesome and congrats to your son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your blog. YOU are very talented...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. That little witch is so cute. You must be a expert at crocheting. It was a great Wordles Wednesday.

    Such good news about your son.
    Congratulations!

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your crochet witch it's very cute. I always wanted to crochet but never really mastered the art!

    Congratulations to your son, it's such a thrill when you know how hard they have worked to see your child achieve a goal. Good luck to him in his new role.

    Thank you so much for the lovely treat, I am delighted you thought of me and I will be displaying soon :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the witch! you are so talented, yes, you are.
    Congrats on your son's achievement and to you on a job well done *wink*
    Congrats on your awards, too, I am passing on my treat tomorrow :)
    Happy WW and happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, i love your crocheted witch!

    and congrats to your son and to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh, i love your crocheted witch!

    and congrats to your son and to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hootin'Anni, Hi there! I got the award over at Jeni's blog, and coppied the pic from yours. That is a great accomplishment your son did. Proffesor in Goverment,,So cool!!Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Neat Witch!
    Thanks for the encouragement today....((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOOH, I love that crocheted witch, very cool!

    And congrats to your son on his new job!

    Happy WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was awarded this three times in the past couple of days. I think it is a wonderful thing that you have started.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great job on the crocheted witch! You're very creative.

    Congratulations to your son. May he continue to reach his goals in life.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a cute witch...witches can be cute, right?

    And, congrats to your son. I know first hand how proud you are of his accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow ! I allow you to blow up like a balloon and swallow your chest ! You can be proud of your son !! Congratulations, it's always a pleasure to me when I hear that an (ex) child makes it in life !

    And your knitted witch is so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Connie from Serious Mumbo Jumbo visited my blog and when I went over there,I found out she likes Halloween as much as you do!! Nancy saw her blog and giggled and this is always neat when she is happy.

    You may already know about it but in case you don't here is the address seriousmumbojumbo.blogspot.com You will love the Ghosts!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, Carolyn, I was there about a week ago....and I don't recall the wonderful Halloween decor!! Thanks for directing me.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for the Halloween treat you awarded me in your Thursday 13!! (comments were disabled in that post). I am TRULY honored!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow she's pretty cute. Thanks for the treat, will get it in a post this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Well, you disabled your comments on TT so I'll respond here. What a great list of hauntings. I've been to a couple of them and never felt anything either. Have a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awwwwww Anni! That is just WONDERFUL news about Eric!!! I knOw you ARE proud! How exciting! Congratulations to him, as well! ;)

    I was trying to post in your haunted homes post up top - but it says the administrator has turned off comments...??? Just wanted to let you know! It's a great post -- I'm hoping to MAYBE see some haunted mansions here in Savannah - don't know if we'll get to it or not! We'll see....

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Anni

    I tried to comment on your latest post but it said the comment section has been disabled.

    Anyway, I think haunted houses have the most fascinating stories, however I don't think I'd like to live in one. My own deceased relatives can give me enough trouble without anyone else's hanging around...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wanted to leave a comment on your above post to say thank you so much for the Halloween treat but the comments have been disabled!

    I really liked that post and have been to two of the places - the Alamo and the old movie theater in Tucson. Didn't feel a thing in either myself - darn!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anni, I just wanted to let you know that i am still around and thanks for stopping by!! We are having such fun here at my house this week...but getting tired!! hope all is well with you in your part of the world!!
    Sandy
    your crochet work is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can't comment on your Halloween mansions ! A Halloween ghost switched your comment thing off and you have no email address where one could reach. Fortunately here it works.
    I only wanted to tell you that I miss my house on this very interesting list, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've been to the Alamo and I've spent the night in Jerome. Nothing happened when I was there either. :( It's still a very neat place though, I just loved the whole little town.

    Love your witch!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a cute little witch! I love thread crochet too! Good job! :-)

    Happy very belated WW! I wonder how I missed that entry... ???

    ReplyDelete

.