This time around, it's a little bit about island life...at sunrise, a snowy egret on the hunt for breakfast along the shore, the jagged edge along the Laguna Madre, a small furbaby enjoying the beach with its master, the curious sea gulls inspecting an empty chair [what? no hand-outs?], the snow white sand dunes, egg shell case, to the way over the JFK Causeway Bridge from home to North Padre Island [note, this is NOT the tourist resort near Brownsville, Texas -South Padre Island...Corpus is just across the intercoastal channel to NORTH Padre Island.] We're approximately 150-175 driving miles from Brownsville. By the way, Padre Island-from north to south, the island barrier, is the longest barrier island in the WORLD!! Read about it here.
...and when I came upon this washed ashore, I thought it couldn't be more perfect for the year we've survived!! Not only Corona, but Corona Extra...all the phases of extreme outbreaks of the Novel Corona Virus after each long holiday weekend, holiday, or celebratory events!! Like a bad omen, not wanting to go away...

Part I [Lensball photography]
Part II [heart shapes in Nature]
Part III [Flowers around my World]

Part I [Lensball photography]
Part II [heart shapes in Nature]
Part III [Flowers around my World]








Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable New Year!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda...same from me to you! Happy birding!!
DeleteWhat a GORGEOYS place!! I think I would never leave. My favorite is the stunning sunrise. Next are the dunes. Well, we have Corona, and now apparently we DO have Corona Etra(the new mutated version)!
ReplyDeleteIt has been expected to get worse as the months came along. "Corona extra"
DeleteThank you for the pictures, and best wishes in the coming year. Fingers crossed. 🤞
ReplyDeleteWe all need a better, happier, year ahead.
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteIt is a beautiful place, for your walks and to see the birds.. I wish people would stop the littering. The virus was predicted to get worse in the winter, especially with all the holiday gatherings. Take care and stay safe. I wish you all the best in 2021, a happy and healthy New Year.
Sometimes I just KNOW it's coming from fishermen out on the sea in their cruisers throwing trash overboard.
DeleteYour photos are just fabulous! Love that sunrise! Happy New Year's Eve.
ReplyDeleteThanks you two!
DeleteLove all the photos, they make me wish I was there.
ReplyDeleteIt's raining heavily right now. North Texas got snow!
DeleteOh you have brought back memories of my time in SC on the beach. Egrets, gulls, egg cases,and more. How I miss it. How glad I experienced it. A new year around the corner now. Wonder what it will bring us? Thanks for the memories.
ReplyDeleteOkay, now you have me singing Bob Hope's theme song!
DeleteWhat gorgeous captures of island life Anni! I hate seeing trash on the beaches and that really was the perfect final shot for this horrible year. All the best to you and yours in the coming year. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWhat concerns me most is fishing line (I've seen so many shore birds tangled up on it) and hypodermic needles!!
DeleteCorona Extra BAD is what the year was. but the world is still stunning through your eyes and lens...love the waves and you know the pup is my favorite. always is always will be.. I love me some dogs
ReplyDeleteI know...I thought of you, sincerely, when I took the doggie's picure.
DeleteYou know me well,
Delete😊🐈😊
DeleteJust goes to show that even with the trash and threat of Extra Corona, the is still a lot of beauty to enjoy, we just have to look or in your case, snap a picture of it. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteSnap happy is my passion
DeleteThat little dog is running for the sheer joy of it. And that egret watching the surf--gorgeous. Love seeing your part of this country.
ReplyDeleteWe should be so blissful & happy!
DeleteIsland living... Very interesting... They do shows about it, concerning finding houses, on tv, as you certainly know. -smile-
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year's Wishes...
✨🌲✨🎄✨💛🔥💛✨🎄✨🌲✨
Thanks for the New Year's wish!
DeleteYessssss!!!! The Corona Extra!
ReplyDelete"The Gift From China" which keeps on giving. And will continue to, for some time, I feel. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
Happy New Year's Wishes...
✨🌲✨🎄✨💛🔥💛✨🎄✨🌲✨
It'll be months (even years) before this is over no doubt.
DeleteThat Corona Extra package is eerie, Anni!!! Sheesh!! Happy New Year my friend. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteI thought so too...eerie!
DeleteWow - fabulous shots.
ReplyDeleteThanks Fi...happy New year.
DeletePerfect ending to your post Anni. Don't like the Corona virus as especially the extra part!!
ReplyDeleteHere's to brighter days ahead.
Love all the photos, especially the sunrise and snowy egret.
Happy New Year Dear Blogging Friend.
I'm so glad I found you.
Sue
It's been marvelous getting to know you Sue.
DeleteThanks Anni. I just read your comment on my blog. Yes there were wonderful people and there were obnoxious ones too. When Dave and I went to the Tour school the leader called the disagreeable ones the Farquars and the Noodlemans. We were safe to talk about them by having a name to put on them. I had one lady on one trip to Annapolis that kept getting lost and I would have to find her so she didn't miss the bus. Her real name was Mrs. Nettleman..I accidentally called her Mrs. Noodleman..Oops... she fit the "bill" Frustrating memories that put my tummy in knots just thinking about it.
DeleteSue
Soooo, Noodleman fit! lol
DeleteThe ocean didn't want covid-19 either!
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be great if those who are suffering with it now could just spit it out of their own bodies,too!!!
Always love to see you lovely photos Anni
Wishing you and your loved ones a Happ New Year...may it bring us all healing peace ☕🍺🍸🎉
Amen to your 2021 thought!
DeleteI too love your pictures, and the egret and running dog are so delightful. I wish we could just wash away the Coronavirus just like that, but as you said, it will be awhile yet. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, though! :-)
ReplyDeleteA very dim light. I'm wondering if this new strain will be around without the vaccines working. I haven't heard...have you?
DeleteBeautiful pictures, especially the sunrise and the egret.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure there will be a surge in the virus again after tonight!!
Happy New Year and hope we see the end of this virus this year!!!
A nice collection of photographs.
ReplyDeleteWhy people must leave litter is beyond me!!!
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2021.
All the best Jan
I know...litter is a big problem.
DeleteLovely seaside scenes. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too, Ruth
DeleteI keep forgetting to tell you I love the Flamingos in the header photo....and sure enjoyed all of these.
ReplyDeleteFlamingos, no...but Roseate Spoonbills.
DeleteAnd I knew that...was going to ask if one was Rosie, but hit what I call them a dent in the brain. (OLd term from when I used to physically make LP albums...the stamper would get a dent in it and the records pressed with it would them skip ahead)
DeleteI called them flamingos long before I realized they weren't. lol
DeleteI did know the difference...the birds I really cannot identify, even though I see them often are the different types of hawks. I can identify a couple of those. I have two or three books...plus I go to Cornell's, and I still have trouble. And if I saw them, I would have trouble with the warblers....
Delete