Along the Channel - Beach


...those that arrived before me:


As I posted in my previous post, He is Strong, the day began early for a lot of us. By the time I arrived at the beach, shortly before sunrise, the surfers and sports fishermen were already there. A lot of them! As I drove into the parking lot to begin at the paved walkway along the channel, the sun was peeking over the sand dunes. I enjoy the rising of the sun more than setting. It's a new day, a new beginning...





I'm a sucker for LOVE. This couple walking hand in hand on the warm beach oblivious to that that surrounded them...



...the dune vines/flowers were just beginning to open. With the rainfall aplenty the last couple of weeks, the white morning glory vines were quite abundant - all OVER the dunes! The pink railroad vine was lacking as was the yellow blossoms, but I did find a few. At the entrance to the beach access road, the warning flags were blowing in the wind...red/dangerous rip currents and orange/caution for surfers I believe. I am not really sure.




Once back home, I made a blackberry pie, using my Texas shaped cookie cutter for the top crust [all made from scratch -including the crust]. I only show you this, 'cause the oven is clean...

34 comments:

  1. There were a lot of people out there bright and early. Must be everyone is tired of being stuck at home.
    That pie looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see so many out there at that hour. And the pie was good...didn't last long. Lol

      Delete
  2. That pie looks good. I can understand why it didn't last. And your early morning sunrise pictures are fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are stunning. And I now want pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I never turn down a piece of pie.

      Delete
  4. What incredible photos! Saw some blackberries today on my early morning walk. I was half tempted to taste one, but they're not my berries. Guess I'll just have to wait til my friends are ready to pick! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos today are stunning... Nice pie, though blackberry seeds and I don't get along well. Please come clean MY oven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom had the problem with seeds too, & her false teeth.

      Delete
  6. Oh that couple!! The picture is so wonderful... it's a shame they don't know you so they could get a copy of it. And that pie!! **swoon** That's probably one of the things I miss most about being diabetic... a nice piece of pie. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have pie...use artifial sweetener like I do. It's called Stevia (expensive...but an all natural sweetener for diabetics).

      Delete
    2. The carbs in the flour crust and the fruit itself are enough to make a slice of pie contain enough carbs to replace a meal. Next time you're in a store that sells "sugar-free" pie, have a gander at the label which gives the nutritional information.... and check out the carb content of one slice. It will blow your socks off. The FDA is trying to improve labeling so that diabetics and others cutting down on carbs will make informed choices as to what they eat. Lots of diabetics see "sugar-free" and think the item is ok for them to eat.... when it's actually not. I'm captain of the Carb Police... *hahahaha*... a retired RN who taught many people how to count carbs & manage their health. Pie is a no-no for diabetics unless it's just a bite or two or the pie is made not only with stevia (or some other sugar replacer) but the crust is made with something like almond flour and there's just a small amount of fruit in the pie itself. It's easier to simply avoid it. Love you Anni! xoxo

      Delete
    3. Gotcha! I learned something from your expertise!

      Delete
  7. Surf is up. Probably will be even more so today. Me too when I see couples, especially if they are older ones holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scenes like that is a feel good one...young (or not so much) love!

      Delete
  8. Cant talk to your post.but type on phone.love it sent that crust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it easy & keep comments short! It's nice to see you Sandra.

      Delete
  9. That pie looks wonderful . A scoop of ice-cream and a cup of coffee with that pie would make a super treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cream & pie...bo coffee for me tho.

      Delete
  10. Wow, these are morning glories growing wild? I have never seen so many at once. Your sunrise photos are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quite different than those in gardens.

      Delete
  11. Guess a lot of people enjoy seeing the beautiful sunrises!!
    Morning is my favorite time of day too. Nice to watch a new day start.
    That pie sure does look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I surely do admire you for getting out there and getting those early morning sunrise shots. They are the best. What a yummy looking pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm up, I check for clouds...if quite a few, I wait for sunrise. :-)

      Delete
  13. Beautiful beach photos! I love the sunrise and the couple walking.
    The pie looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the couple walking would be a good photo o.o. ;-)

      Delete
  14. so many beautiful photos: beach, skies and flowers....
    your blackberry pie so appealing...yummy.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummm...that Texas pie looks so inviting..Good for you on the clean oven...mine's a bit sad looking.
    I have so enjoyed your walk and photos. Sunrise pics are especially gorgeous.
    Hope you day goes well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only thing about a clean oven...it gets dirty all too soon! LOL The pie looks delicious...I have always made my own pie crusts, and have gotten till I won't even get a piece of pie most places because of the pie crust.

    I cannot imagine that many people being there that early. Is it maybe to partly escape the higher heat of the day? Or is it just as hot to begin with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine the fishing is better that time of day...they're hungry.

      Delete

Table of Contents