“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






A Sea Hunt...Anni Style!

My Animal Spirit is the turtle:



What does the turtle 'totem' mean:
click here

Me? Incredibly fast and agile in water?!! Right...ummm, I think not! When water gets above my neck, I am NOT agile....unless you see me getting OUT of the water as quick as I can; running the other way---towards shore. But the first question in the quiz was what is your favorite element? I was honest...I do love the water above all! It's [I should say it CAN BE] pretty, it's clean, it's pure, it's colorful, it's relaxing [both watching its movement with ocean currents and waves or just trickling over a brook or river... and bathing ...even drinking a glass full of it] it's also dangerous as all the other elements can be, it's so many things rolled into one. Besides what other element would I choose for the fact that it was the top reason we moved to the coast....water!! I just don't like to be IN the ocean/gulf, when I feel no bottom. By the way, an added note: I am an Aquarius...symbol for Aquarians? Yep...water.

image above is the screen print from quiz results

Okay, I got my opening remarks done. Now on to some photos. Wednesday morning, I was wondering where I would take my daily walk. With the recent rains in the past couple of weeks, I didn't especially want to go to any park with trees and standing water. I read in my phone's news app that Corpus Christi has been inundated with mosquitoes. I don't need them! I don't like them! The heat was another factor. I decided to drive over the causeway and walk the boat channel...Packery Channel, all the way out to the water's edge and then walk the shoreline for a while and back. It was a perfect idea. A gentle sea breeze kept the body temperature down, the tide was at it's lowest point, it was about 10 degrees cooler than home. And the boat channel, with low tide, the water IN the channel was clear until the center depth. Along the jetty's boulders I could see bottom! And I was astounded by all the turtles! 100s of them!! Yes, my opening was all about turtles. And my photos depict what I saw along the way to the end.

Once I got home, I told Bud that I felt like Lloyd Bridges. It was like I had been on a sea hunt!! Some of my photos actually look like I was doing some scuba diving and underwater photography. But, nope, I was well above the water line.  So, I devote this post to turtles; GREEN TURTLES.  How do I know they're green turtles?  Easy...it's the only turtle with two 'scales' between its eyes!!!..




An added note: I do believe those are barnacles attached to some of the shells!
Seven years ago, I did an acrylic painting of a SEA TURTLE
if you don't know who Lloyd Bridges was OR Sea Hunt, use the links I provided above.

36 comments :

  1. I'm a water-sign, too - Scorpio. I love the water, especially the sea. I grew up on ponds and was a real water-baby, playing in the water, rowing my little boat with my dog, and swimming all day long. Now my water is in the form of rain and the roaring glacial river down in the little valley we overlook. Every once in a while I get to the sea - The mighty Pacific. No swimming there....too treacherous. Love seeing the sea turtles - wonderful captures! Love your painting, too. So much talent! Hope you are having a great week. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice that you stopped by Karen ... I know you've been busy! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love your turtle painting, especially how you did the colors! Your turtle shots are amazing!!! They are swimming away, and we get to see it, thanks to such clear water!! I think my favorites are picture #3 and the last one, but they are all just great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny...for ALL your compliments!

      Delete
  3. I got turtle also but that is funny cause I don't do water. Scared of it. Never put my face under. So not a turtle....haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to where I feel threatened when I get above my head.

      Delete
  4. That's me, I like the water but don't necessarily like to be in the water. Love the turtle shots. Looks like you were deep sea diving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thst"s what bud said too. Thanks

      Delete
  5. Your turtle shots came out great! I am not a fan of the water. Sitting on the beach (dry) is more my style! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to look at the water, but not to be in it. Your photos are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me in regards to water. Thanks Mari

      Delete
  7. I've done these aniamal quiz. If I recall right I was coyote.
    The turtles here is fairly small...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure what you mean...the ones on the post are small or ones you have in YOUR area?

      Delete
  8. I love being IN water but cannot swim well at all! Gotta have a noodle or float device. I also have a need to live near water, lake, ocean, pond and love being wet when it is raining. The test tells me I'm the Tiger. Your photo #11 is my favorite. Nice series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that might help me some...a floating device! Thanks Ms.G

      Delete
  9. Just read that tiger love water. OK......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've preferred a tiger for me. lol

      Delete
  10. wow on finding your turtles after finding your spirit turtle.. I did the test and came out and Owl... your photos are amazing and I can believe you captured them while on dry land. I share your love of water but NOT over my head and not in the gulf... I like to watch and sit and stare and wade but no swimming. once again AMAZING photos of the turtles and also love your sketch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, my bean is a Aquarius... 3 weeks into traveling through Europe..... Germany the starting point.
    I have a soft spot for turtles, digging their way out the sea sand, at full moon, drawn to the glow of the ocean.... And how city lights lead them away from the water.... Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I hope you're enjoying the trip!

      Delete
  12. Anni these photos are beautiful..I can almost hear the water rippling.
    I love looking at and hearing water. I haven't been in a pool since my daughter was young. I might walk in the waves but only as long as I can see my feet.
    As far as my memory goes I don't think I've ever been in a creek or pond or lake.
    Hugs Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you both...M&M! Long time no see. You & me both on the wading. 😊

      Delete
  13. Beautiful turtles. I miss my turtles in the stock tank, don't know what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The turtles surely seem to be enjoying life in the water!
    My favorite photos are the two that the water appears more greenish.
    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the turtles aren't actually green...their fat is!

      Delete
  15. Hello, I am not comfortable in the water, especially the ocean. Awesome series of Green Turtles photos. I would love to see all those turtles at one time, that is a cool sighting. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one thing that makes me leary of going out too far in the ocean...and that is the shifting sand under my feet! Thanks for hosting Eileen

      Delete
  16. What a feast of turtles, Anni. Your pictures are just wonderful, and it was a little Lloyd Bridges like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was a feast...but for the eyes only!

      Delete
  17. What a find for you ~ and gorgeous photos of the green turtles ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol [and Zoe] 😉

      Delete
  18. Gorgeous turtle photos! Love how it linked in with your totem. What a beautiful result of your walk. No heat here...been cool and periods of gentle rain. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I bet you're lovin' the weather compared to Tucson's heat this time of year. Thanks Marie.

      Delete

.