“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Vitamin SEA Overdose...


source:  Google Quotes





Along the area of beach, Zahn Park Beach, I walked a bit longer after taking photos of the sea turtles. I found a small piece of dried coral. This is known as Northern Star Coral [among other names]. It's habitat is along the western coast of the Atlantic, around the peninsula of Florida and into the Gulf of Mexico. This particular piece reminded me of a peanut by its shape. I left it there, even tho there was an urge to pick it up and take it home. That would mean MORE clutter, right? lol

Plenty of fishermen [and women] were waded out, some were along the jetty...




...a few boats went out further into the sea. Fishing...





...I love the early morning along the shore. But oftentimes I think of being lost at sea. Can you imagine the feeling? Nothing can compare to the loneliness one would experience. At least I think so...





"Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea."
~Charles Cook

24 comments :

  1. Aren't we lucky to live on the beautiful Gulf Coast! Love all the fishermen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it's a beautiful area of USA

      Delete
  2. Hello, it is nice you live so close to the sea. I would be there all the time. Love the quote and images. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you're having a great week!!

      Delete
  3. I will never get lost at sea unless a storm brings the sea to me, no boats for me and I don't fly. soooo I am hoping the sea stays where it belongs so I can just enjoy it from the shore. I love the sound and the sight of the sea and the beaches and shores, just not in it. and yes I have imagined being lost at sea and it scared me silly....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both....we love WATCHING and HEARING the sea, but stay out of it.

      Delete
  4. Did you see that movie with Robert Redford? It was terrifying. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it that way at all...I could only think that he shouldn't have been out there alone!!!

      Delete
  5. First, I love your sea quotes on top!! The coral is beautiful! I would not have been able to leave it, you have good willpower! Look at that guy in the cap, out in the sea, in the waves, and fishing!! And the bird is watching it all. Heron? Love the yellow feet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow feet....don't eat yellow snow....snowy Egret!!!

      Delete
  6. The images you share are so different from anything I see here.I enjoy seeing another part of this world, through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me happy to know you're enjoying what I share Ruth.

      Delete
  7. Love the coral. I think I would have picked it up. I don't think I ever want to experience being lost at sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to being lost...I get turned around HERE. I can only imagine what it's like on the sea.

      Delete
  8. I love your sea photos. The coral was very pretty, and I don't think I could have left it there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shoulda picked it up and sent it to you!!

      Delete
  9. I like the coast but have never ventured out too far and would be terrified to be lost at sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I stay close to shore.

      Delete
  10. This one was special. Thanks so much. I am not a boat person. Sea sickness makes it no pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, that'll definitely keep you off boats!!!!

      Delete
  11. Surf, YES! Sea? Nope...I love the feeling of the seawater washing over my feet and legs only. I must have picked up 100 lbs. of that exact variety of coral and used it for decorating boxes and frames. I miss the salty air but you have refreshed my wonderful memories. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....then, did you give them away as gifts? I bet your craft work with the coral was great.

      Delete
  12. Oh, that is a frightening thought! I was almost pulled out to sea in a rip-tide off the coast of Cape-Cod when I was young. It pulled me down to the bottom and smashed my face, then I rose and was rapidly being drawn out. I was with my cousin, and she screamed, 'Swim!' and I did, for my life. That cured me of swimming too far out ever again. My Grandfather was a commercial fisherman. The sea is in my blood. Wonderful to see the people enjoying the early morning fishing. I envy your morning walks. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness how scary!! I'd NEVER put my foot in the sea again after something like that.

      Delete

.