my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Let's Go Shopping...It Helps Lighten the Day Some

It's been something else, news wise, these days...SO DEPRESSING!  I've been a bit low because of it all in England, France, Bill Cosby,  suicides, shootings, drought, floods, USA...the world. So....

Monday afternoon, I really dreaded going to the scheduled appointment with my cardiologist. Well, it turned out a bit as I had pictured for a few weeks after I set up the appointment at his office. First off, I haven't been there in one year. He told me the last time I saw him to see him in 6 months. Well, obviously 6 months and then some have passed. Reason for me is that I have never felt better. No heart palpitations, no dizziness, blood pressure at home and heart rate is excellent. [I have a BP monitor that checks the pressure and records heart rate]. Had a cholesterol and glucose blood test in May and all was very good. I figured, 'what's the use of paying the co-pay and get told everything looks good'? He was a bit upset with me. But I think I know enough to schedule an appointment or even go to ER if need be. I think I know my body better than he does...after all I've lived with it a lot longer than he has. Y'know? LOL Of course I also requested a full blood panel which I have to do when I remember to NOT eat breakfast before, and I also requested a test called a carotid ultrasound. The last time I had it done was back in 1997...wow, 20 years ago. And since my father had heart problems, and my mother has several mini-strokes, I think I would be at an advantage to see some GOOD results. I hope so. That's on the 16th of this month. Then, I'll go back and get chewed out some more probably and discuss results of the ultrasound.

I was in there for 3 hours [1 hour waiting time]. I left a bit stressed. The sun was shining when I arrived, and when I left the medical complex, this is what I saw on the way home...



...like it was nighttime at 3PM

I must admit I didn't sleep well Monday night. I was wide awake, still, at 12:45 a.m. finally falling asleep and had a fitful rest for 6 hours. After I ate some blueberry oatmeal I went out on the patio to get a couple of photos of my plants, the night blooming epiphylum. They've been blooming profusely the last couple of weeks! And, the blooms are HUGE!!



Once the stores opened at the strip mall, I was there! I was in need of getting some walking in [where it's air conditioned] and just shopping for some fun things. Yep, I probably wasted money, but it felt good. I dropped Bud off at the book store, parked the car and perused many o' stores. Target was a 'target' store to shop. I wanted the newly released DVD on recommendation of Irene, our daughter...




...a live adaptation of Disney's cartoon version. Hope to watch it real soon.

Just walked around the store some, picked up some cat food for Tahoe. I dumped this off at the car, and then Hobby Lobby was open so I went in there. It's been months since I've gone in that store. They had all the Spring stuff 50% off. Oh oh!! Red Alert!! One item I found, I was wanting to buy it for the hummingbirds...but it was 20 dollars then, and I thought 'too much' for a glass feeder when the wind could topple it off the hanger outdoors and then I'd have to get another. LOL That was my excuse back then, and I stuck too it. But in the back of my mind I still wanted it. It's real glass, etched and ruby red!! Got it. Still continuing through the Spring Sale and I found another item I wanted...a pinwheel! Got it. Then, I can rarely resist anything having to do with lady bugs...found a cute stuffed sock monkey lady bug. Got it! Oh then...I spied one for my sister. I will ship it to her for Sister's Day most likely...with a note that says something like Thanks for BEEing my sister!  [her's is the bee monkey shown below] I was tempted to get some 4th of July decorations, but ... talked myself out of it. More clutter, which I don't need. I checked out, put those goodies into the trunk and went to Pet Smart for more Tahoe food. Then, off to the book store to meet Bud and go home. It felt good after a grueling day yesterday. Hope I can sleep better tonight.



I have a 'thing' for bookmarks. While Bud was purchasing his books, I picked out the bookmark you see about 'shadows and light'.  Also, I spent money on a pair of shorts, a T-shirt, a pair of red sandals and a new belt for Bud [Since we've been eating healthier, he too is losing weight and all his belts are too big!]

32 comments :

  1. Sounds like a fun shopping trip, the cardiologist, not so much! I hope all tests come back excellent. My dad is a heart patient, so I know all the ins and outs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does he ever get frustrated as I do?

      Delete
  2. A little shopping therapy is likely cheaper than a few bottles of pills.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - the news has been very depressing lately. And I must admit that most of the time, I don't know what to even believe. I like the results of your retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Is Mighty Depressing these days. More and more EACH day.

      Glad you enjoyed my 'shopping spree'. LOL

      Delete
  4. Retail therapy after a doctor visit, they should write a prescription for us to do that. When will you get the test results?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I truly LOVE that terminology! Retail Therapy. And, I'm all for it. I really don't know...probably when the doctor sees me with the next appt.

      Delete
  5. I definitely agree with you on going to the doctor. Most people can tell when things are not right. The less you see one the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! I really dislike doctors telling me I need to do this, and do that. Which, makes me do the opposite. I'm just that way. I'd prefer NO drs. appointments.

      Delete
  6. Shopping can sure do wonders for a girl! What a great Hobby Lobby sale! The bee is so cute, and a gorgeous hummer feeder! Your night flower!! Is it a night blooming cactus? It is absolutely stunning!! So beautiful!! The flowers that bloom at night are for moths to pollinate instead of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's of the cactus family Ginny. And the more root bound, the more blooms. Yes, moths AND bats....if you're around any bats. Or visa versa.

      Delete
  7. You really did do a good job of cheering yourself up!! I loved hearing about your day and am glad you are doing so well with your health. I had a bone density test recently and they called today with instructions to take calcium and Vitamin D.....which I forgot to get when I was out and about today. And I need to walk. Today was hot so I did a 20 minute yoga routine instead.
    I try not to listen to the news much when it starts getting to me. Hard to unplug in the society we live in now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was outdoors planting my pinwheel and the mosquitoes from all the rains recently were monstrous and a pain in the you know where!! I thought, "How and I and where am I gonna go walking?"....easy, I walked on the beach and enjoyed the morning temp there. Only 81 degrees with a sea breeze. Pleasant.

      Delete
  8. Hello, I hope your doctor visit went well and you have good results. Shopping does make you feel better. The hummer feeder is cute. Beautiful flowers. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda anxious about the ultrasound scheduled, but I must keep a positive outlook. It's the 'what ifs' that get me going.

      Thanks Eileen.

      Delete
  9. YAY for red sandals, I love red shoes.. and that glass feeder is really pretty.. I may see if I can get bob to go walk in the mall today, we have been rained in for 3 days and happy to be rained in. blessed 5 inches in 3 days and more on the way. I am not a rain lover but the drought changed that and now I am.
    that night bloomer is about the prettiest one I have seen, so much detail.. ours in the tree has no buds, the drought I think. it should be popping soon. love that quote about light and shadows. my favorite photos contain light and shadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm right there with you...after years of drought like conditions, I welcome rain. Just not flooding up to our garage. lol

      You and me both...red shoes. Yummy.

      Delete
  10. I saw Beauty and the Beast and loved it. I hope you do, too. And that sock monkey is just too cute. I would have spent a bit of change myself in that store. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud's grandmother used to make [by hand] sock monkeys I still have Erik's and Irene's she made some 40+ years ago. We watched the movie...VERY good. Of course I like musicals AND Disney.

      Delete
  11. You are one smart lady to spend time and money on yourself to feel better You definitely are worth every minute and penny so you can carry on doing all that you do, for yourself AND for others. How big is "huge" when you describe your night blooming flower? It is unusual to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hope I'm not TOO smart...the term is POORhouse. lol

      As for 'huge'...it's a LARGE saucer [salad plate] size. Probably 5-6 inches in width.

      Delete
  12. So happy your Dr. apt went well! Your night-blooming flower is just gorgeous! I was surprised you shop at Target (I know you to be a bit of a political reactionary like me and I haven't been in a Target since they put in the Transgender bathrooms!) One does find it hard to shop. I try so hard to "vote with my money" and almost every place one goes (except Mom & Pop shops) have negative auras! :-) Happy you are doing well. Hope the test on the 16th is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I mainly go to Target for their popcorn. LOL It doesn't bother me, everyone has their own opinions and entitled to do what they want. No harm for me. I can't be political when it comes to shopping.

      Delete
  13. What a day.... I agree. Blogging is getting very depressing of late... shopping is always a solution!! Wishing you good results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay away from any of the unwanted sites/news anymore...they're all becoming a biased bit of malarkey...and worse. I LOVE reading yours tho, that's different. A good different.

      Delete
  14. It's good ro get some retail therapy every now and then. It's a vonus if you get discounted items

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are so many depressing news lately . Makes me wonder what is the world turning inyo. Well, my escape is books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and books are a GREAT escape!!

      Delete
  16. I wish you all the best with the upcoming tests. Occasionally, I feel the need to just get out and visit some stores for relaxation. The lady bug sock monkey is the cutest!!! I wish you a very nice Thursday. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right...getting out helps relieve pressure and empties your mind of woes. {I know I had a real huge pity party going}

      Thanks so much Mildred.

      Delete

.