my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...the sweet smell of spring!

It's been a glorious two days here along the Coastal Bend of Texas!!! Plenty of sunshine, blue skies, mild temperatures and so much bird song in our yard. I'm a happy camper. The sweet smell of Springtime.

I did make a post for my Birding Photo Blog today. I think you may enjoy the photos of the black crowned night herons we spotted a few weeks ago. The young-un was busy preening itself, I got a nice, if not comical, pose with that one...its head all twisted and a beautiful bright orange eye sparkling in the light of the day....[the link is above in my green 'note' box.]

Yesterday, Bud and I took a short stroll along the seawall and we both were dazzled by the sparkle of the Gulf Water! Of course there was a ulterior motive to our walk. The Rare Brown Booby [water bird rarely comes near land unless to breed] arrived on the Marina's T-head again this Spring. There was a lot of excitement throughout our area and the near-by states' bird enthusiasts who were informed. I expect more birders to arrive to see if they can find the bird!! Again, this morning the ABA [American Bird Association] has a recent posting that it was spotted on the short jetty!! Altho, Bud and I didn't see it yesterday, we'll try again another day. We ended up going to the nearby city park to see if any Spring Migratory Birds were arriving. Walked some distance around and around, until I was beginning to tire out some, and we returned home and I napped again. LOL

Some of the bushes within the park's boundaries were all abloom ---



23 comments :

  1. I am so glad you have been out walking in the beautiful weather. Awesome flowers you found!! What is the tall one with red and white? It looks like a yucca, but they are all white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with Ginny, so great to know you've been out walking and enjoying your terrific weather!!! Oh, yes! And AWESOME flowers indeed!! Breathtaking captures of them, too!! Enjoy the remainder of your weekend, Anni!! I continue to hold good thoughts for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are back out and about. That is fantastic! Pretty flowers and lovely sunshine. Please send it my direction soonest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you're gadding about again! Thanks for sharing these luscious blooms, that pick-me-up is much appreciated; hopefully you'll spot that brown booby soon.

    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a real nice walk Anni :)
    Love all those flowers, wish I could
    smell them :))
    Take it easy, don't do too much!
    I have a question for you which I don't
    want to ask in public, could you please
    send me an email? Would be very nice :)
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcoming a new spring into our world again has so many wonders doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice big orange eye indeed! I had to go take a look. And I love the flowers in bloom, including the great big bumblebee on the purple flowers. I'm so glad you feeling better and better. And are also paying attention to when you get tired. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to be out and about enjoying your lovely weather. We are not that fortunate yet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! SO happy you and Bud were able to get out and enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad you are getting out and enjoying the beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, HAPPY and thankful to hear you all are out and about, Bless your heart, means even more now. Beautiful Spring blossoms, and I can hardy wait~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read on a blog that you had a heart attack, so I came here to learn some more, I read your post how it arrives ! I am so happy that you got out of it and you are feeling better !
    We know each other now for such a long time, although we haven't visited each other for quite a time, but believe me I really got a shock ! So many bloggers from the very beginning, don't post anymore or moved to Facebook (which I don't like) but you are still there ! Take it easy now !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to hear you are out and about and enjoying the beautiful weather. Spring is showing it's face here but it's in the form of mud and dirty melting snow right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me know how you enjoy "I Am Abraham." I'm the author's fiancee. Lenore Riegel: JCpress@writemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flowers. Glad your out and about, also recognizing your limits!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sweet smell of spring has been overlaid with the damp, dull smell of lingering winter once again round my neck of the woods. Back to grey and chilly days, but it can’t be long now.

    I saw you at my new blogging friend Knipsa’s and felt like popping over. we have a few things in common, I like your quotes in your profile too.

    I’ll come and visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Spring is nature's way of saying; Let's party" and I guess it is very much expressed in these flowers. I so admire their beauty especially the purple one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy you had a nice outing with Bud. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your flower shots...hope you get to see the Booby before it leaves the area!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm happy to hear that you are out and enjoying nature. I love the smells and sounds that herald spring. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you had a great walk. You found some lovely flowers. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful walk and especially nice to see flowers as we still have lots of snow....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wish we had Spring here! So happy you are back to your lovely self again.
    Take care and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

.