my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




A funny thing happened...



A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place. The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful Bunny was dead. The driver felt guilty and began to cry. A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong. "I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do?" The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal. Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again! The man was astonished. He said to the woman: "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?" The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

...rabbits spotted on our birding walks in the past 12 months.


Three stupid guys just died and are at the pearly gates of heaven. St. Peter tells them that they can enter the gates if they can answer one simple question. St. Peter asks the first man, "WHAT IS EASTER?" The man replies, "Oh, that's easy, it's the holiday in November when everybody gets together, eats turkey, and is thankful..." "WRONG," replies St. Peter, and proceeds to ask the second man the same question, "WHAT IS EASTER?" The second man replies, "No, Easter is the holiday in December when we put up a nice tree, exchange presents, and celebrate the birth of Jesus." St. Peter looks at the second man, shakes his head in disgust, looks at the third man and asks, "WHAT IS EASTER?" The third man smiles and looks St. Pete in the eye. "I know what Easter is. Easter is the Christian holiday that coincides with the Jewish celebration of Passover. Jesus and his disciples were eating at the last supper and He was later deceived and turned over to the Romans by one of his disciples. The Romans took Him to be crucified and was stabbed in the side, made Him wear a crown of thorns, and He was hung on a cross. He was buried in a nearby cave which was sealed off by a large boulder. Every year the boulder is moved aside so that Jesus can come out, and if He sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter."


Q: "Why are you studying your Easter candy?"
A: "I'm trying to decide which came first-the chocolate chicken or the chocolate egg!"


...the Easter Bunny saw we weren't good this past year, so left us this stuff instead of our regular prized colored eggs and toys. That'll teach us!!!


Above cartoon clipping at the beginning of this post found on Pinterest, no infringement intended. 
Easter Bunny 'surprise gift' actually Chocolate Covered Raisins.





56 comments :

  1. That cartoon is the best! The jokes are good too - thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter Mari...and if you see Alaina today, and the Easter bunny...give her a special hug with this ol' gal in Texas!!

      Delete
  2. lol....soooooo funny!!! I never heard Easter jokes before. I imagine Jesus even laughed at these. After all, we are made in God's image, so He has to have a sense of humor!

    Happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...these days, wherever there is humor and laughter, it's the greatest of medicines. IMHO

      Delete
  3. I really liked the first cartoon - and I like the walls too! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed a good laugh during my conference period this morning and you certainly gave it to me! The cartoon made me snort~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cartoon! It could easily have happened here.

    We thoroughly enjoyed your post today and humor.
    Happy Easter
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...same from me to you M&M!!

      Delete
  6. Really cute Easter jokes! Gosh, love your Easter Bunnies, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed it all Ginny.

      Delete
  7. Those are really funny. I thought about painting my walls eggshell...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rofl...y'know, I kinda like the look myself.

      Delete
  8. But if Jesus said "early spring" it would happen! :)

    Thanks for the giggles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you got a laugh or two today Nani

      Delete
  9. Frohe Ostern liebe Anni und eine liebe Umarmung von Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks 'Tilda. Happy Easter to you.

      Delete
  10. Hahahahaha!! I just love your Easter Bunny joke! Better get me a can of that magic spray! Wishing a warm and wonderful Easter! Hope Mr Bunny brings you lots of eggs! I am on the North Coast with my brother and his family, and as I type this, the waves are crashing right outside my window! Coming from an inland city like Johannesburg, this is the bomb diggedy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "bomb diggedy"..........gotta LOVE that expression.

      Delete
  11. You made me laugh today, Anni. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you too Chuck.

      Delete
  12. Very cute. Hope you have a blessed Easter, Anni. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Have a happy Easter Gail. Thanks for always coming by to visit.

      Delete
  13. Anni, Just wanted to wish you a Happy Easter. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Mickie, and same to you.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. ...sometimes, I just gotta add a bit of humor to make the day go better.

      Delete
  15. Anni just leave it up to you to find a way to make me laugh this AM. Loved it all.......
    Happy Easter to you and yours.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and Happy Easter to you too Sharon!!!

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the laughs! love, love the cartoon. Happy Easter to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and a happy Easter wish to you too Mar!

      Delete
  17. Lots of fun here today! Cute bunnies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny jokes, Anni! Cute bunnies, Thanks for the cute post today! Wishing you a very happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...happy Easter to you too Eileen.

      Delete
  19. I'll be giggling all day! Happy Bunny Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those eggshell walls are pretty. Wouldn't mind a room like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Me too, I liked the whole concept.

      Delete
  21. Hey, Anni, good to see you and read your jokes. I've been away a lot, and sick a lot, but now I'm home and (fingers crossed) healthy.
    Thinking of you makes me remember I should be looking for reasons to post songs to my blog. Always my favorite thing!
    Take care.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...hope you're feeling much better these days.

      Delete
  22. Anni, I love the poem, the cartoon and the stories. I laughed a lot!
    Happy Easter!
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the post Pia

      Delete
  23. Happy Easter Anni, Bud, Winston and Tahoe
    Bunny hugs from madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  24. dear anni,

    happy easter!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you kindly Betty, and I send along the same wish to you.

      Delete
  25. Very funny stories Anni! :) Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...happy Easter to you too Shey

      Delete
  26. I love the cartoon and the jokes.
    Happy Easter Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and a happy Easter to you and your kitty clan too.

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. ...I'm glad you enjoyed the Easter Bunnies.

      Delete

.