my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?

(Reuters) Air pollution in China has gotten so bad that one entrepreneur has decided to sell cans of fresh air. The decision to sell the cans of air isn’t actually an attempt at a profit-generating venture. Rather, Chen, already worth a reported $740 million, is using the cans as social commentary on the declining environmental conditions in China. read more...



...and fast forward to the comments:



'' posted: in florida the sell cans of sunshine

Hillbilly posted: I sure hope there are no extra terrestrial (I think that's right - aliens, you get the idea) beings out there because if so, they are laughing their interstellar behinds off right now

Grimsgrin posted: I wonder how many pollutants were created in order to can the "fresh" air???

Toadaly posted: "Each can of fresh air is created through a process that uses lead, mercury, and arsenic to directly extract the fresh air from strip mined coal."

Mike posted: I hope they're not importing the air from Washington, DC.

nina posted: does the canned air have an experation date?

rick posted: Buckets of B.S. for sale in The White House.

UStel posted: So what happens to the cans once the air is used? Land fill? how much CO2 does the production and the delivery of the cans generate? It would be easier to get a hand cranked air purifier, I have built one for my underground bunker.

J posted:
I bought an earthquake in a can once, in San Diego, when I was twelve. You can't inhale it, though. Oh! I also saw some genuine bottled woman's farts for sale on eBay years ago. Dunno if they're still available, but they'd be vintage at this point, surely.

2dogromance posted:
I have 52 cases of canned dehydrated water.




...and the last one for the day [Anni says: I loved the 'play on words' here --couldn't make the cut? Get my drift? Okay, sorry...read on down]:

CamilleToh posted: There was a flavor called "Derry Air" that didn't make the cut.


no copyright infringement intended


22 comments :

  1. ha, ha....caught your drift!

    I believe Danny DeVito's character in The Lorax was selling cans of fresh air....if I have my animated movies right. I watched that before Christmas with my granddaughter, so I could be remembering which movie was selling air incorrectly since my brain isn't what it used to be...but I think that's right. I guess the Chinese businessman got his idea from there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the movie Space Balls too...if I'm correct. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is funny, but kind of sad that it is true! I've heard of oxygen bars where people pay high prices to go in and breathe oxygen from a tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of oxygen bars...good thing too. What funnies I could come up with that concept. :o)

      Delete
  3. This is funny ... but sad, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank my lucky stars to have a sea breeze around here [most of the time anyway]

      Delete
  4. Oh my I don't know what to say. I guess you get what you ask for. China has been striving so hard for years now to beat us at everything and they have exceeded again.

    I love the comments. I use to read Yahoo every morning too and also leave comments. I am glad I used an alias and that I no longer do it!

    Happy day to you my friend! It's my daughter's birthday today and Walter will be home in a few hours and both my house and me are wrecks. I've got to get busy around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're much more brave than I would be, I'd never leave a comment on that stuff. LOL

      Delete
  5. I have heard it all now!! Who knows we may need the canned air the way our world is going these days. We are lucky to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's pretty pleasant here, with the air quality. I guess it's the continual air currents/sea breezes that help this area.

      Delete
  6. Remember way back when air for your tires was free. Not any more!
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, I remember those days.

      Delete
  7. Well, they are selling water, could air be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you, but we've had to pay for water all along. I get a water bill each month.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed it with a bit of laughter today Denise.

      Delete
  9. Funny comments, Anni. My favorite is buckets of B.S. at the White House. There's so so so so much truth to that... ha ha

    Have a great evening.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...B.S....in D.C.....no matter WHO is in office any more.

      Delete
  10. LOL, these are funny. I liked the one about dehydrated water

    ReplyDelete
  11. Derry Air....bwahahaha!! Love the comments I read on various news articles. What a clever thing to compile them into a blog post. I love what Mike posted. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...sometimes, it's most difficult to choose the comments 'cause so many are soooo good/funny.

      Delete

.