photo taken: When we were in New Orleans
Joyce has these questions for us...
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers? I hate snakes! 'Nough said. [the last time I recall seeing a snake was in Tucson]...I saw them often there... It was sunning itself on a boulder in the Outdoor Museum of all places. A Diamondback rattler!!
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck? Gloom despair and agony on me...deep dark depression, excessive misery!!! If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
3. Sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently? Snowman Building. The last time? ---over 20 years ago, when we lived in Colorado.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life? Every day I imagine...if you don't learn something each day, then, you've lost a year.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake? Halloween this past year. I like 'em with white cake, and chocolate frosting covered with chopped pecans.
6. What's something you can't say no to? Wow...there are so many temptations, aren't there? It's difficult to say no to foods I like. Five Guys french fries. YUM. Dark Chocolate Covered Raisins...be still my heart. Rice Krispie Treats...they're my holiday addiction. On the opposite side of the question here...I guess when I think long and hard, I used to be addicted to cola [soda, pop]. I've learned over the years drinking this in excess is lethal. I can now say no to cola, and prefer water.
7. Are you a doodler? Not any more...now that I've had the computer. LOL That keeps my hands busy. But I do like to take up my sketch pad now and then to draw. But it's not considered doodling as my sketches are of a certain object and not all that abstract; I consider 'doodles' as a form of abstract.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Speaking of snakes [see question #1]....
Okay, this is just a fun challenge I found on the 'net the other day reading the by-lines on Yahoo's website. If you follow me closely, you know I like to try my hand [and over work my brain sometimes] trying to find hidden objects in pictures. This one 'caught my eye'...the quip below it said something like "is it really a snake" --or something like that. Well, ya, I saw a snake. But is it really? So, naturally I had to click on the link provided and it took me to a site with several photos. I hunted and hunted, had a bit of fun time doing the thing I like to do. But a couple in particular just blew me away. The one with the 'hidden' house cat, and the winged critter in Alabama. Phenomenal photography...wanna see for yourself?
MORE PHOTO SEARCHES [link]
camouflaged image above is NOT mine, photo provided by photographer: Cordyceps [link on site]
Copyright infringement not intended.