Mardi Gras is February 12th


Wordless

connecting to:
photo taken: When we were in New Orleans





HODGEPODGE
connecting to:
Joyce has these questions for us...


1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers? I hate snakes! 'Nough said. [the last time I recall seeing a snake was in Tucson]...I saw them often there... It was sunning itself on a boulder in the Outdoor Museum of all places. A Diamondback rattler!!

2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck? Gloom despair and agony on me...deep dark depression, excessive misery!!! If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

3. Sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently? Snowman Building. The last time? ---over 20 years ago, when we lived in Colorado.

4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life? Every day I imagine...if you don't learn something each day, then, you've lost a year.

5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake? Halloween this past year. I like 'em with white cake, and chocolate frosting covered with chopped pecans.

6. What's something you can't say no to? Wow...there are so many temptations, aren't there? It's difficult to say no to foods I like. Five Guys french fries. YUM. Dark Chocolate Covered Raisins...be still my heart. Rice Krispie Treats...they're my holiday addiction.  On the opposite side of the question here...I guess when I think long and hard, I used to be addicted to cola [soda, pop]. I've learned over the years drinking this in excess is lethal. I can now say no to cola, and prefer water.

7. Are you a doodler? Not any more...now that I've had the computer. LOL That keeps my hands busy. But I do like to take up my sketch pad now and then to draw. But it's not considered doodling as my sketches are of a certain object and not all that abstract; I consider 'doodles' as a form of abstract.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Speaking of snakes [see question #1]....

Okay, this is just a fun challenge I found on the 'net the other day reading the by-lines on Yahoo's website. If you follow me closely, you know I like to try my hand [and over work my brain sometimes] trying to find hidden objects in pictures. This one 'caught my eye'...the quip below it said something like "is it really a snake" --or something like that. Well, ya, I saw a snake. But is it really? So, naturally I had to click on the link provided and it took me to a site with several photos. I hunted and hunted, had a bit of fun time doing the thing I like to do. But a couple in particular just blew me away. The one with the 'hidden' house cat, and the winged critter in Alabama. Phenomenal photography...wanna see for yourself?

camouflaged image above is NOT mine, photo provided by photographer: Cordyceps [link on site]
Copyright infringement  not intended.

48 comments :

  1. We always celebrate Chinese New Year because our granddaughter is Chinese. I would also rather build a snowman,too. And I hate and am scared to death of snakes! I love these find-it pictures and have several find-it apps on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you would celebrate the C New Year then, by all means.

      Delete
  2. The Year of the Snake is coming? Where did the last one go? Wasn't that the Year of the Dragon? I hope I don't see any snakes this year than I did dragons last year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...well now, I must say I'd hafta agree with your statement.

      Delete
  3. I love a good reason for a celebration, and Chinese New Year is a great one! S-s-s-s...I can't even say it. Those things you referenced after Chinese New Year in #1 give me a serious case of the willies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...they give ME the willies too.

      Delete
  4. I have never been to Mardi Gras and would love to some time. And, is that an eel or a fish? I don't see a snake. But, I do not like snakes!

    I hope you have a great day!

    Happy WW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, me either...snakes should be all exported from the USA. LOL

      Delete
  5. Okay I had to go and check it out. Wow, I would never have guessed it was what it is! Does that make sense? AnyHoo I certainly was surprised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, understood every word Jackie. LOL

      Delete
  6. OK...that picture about made me jump out of my skin...and it's too early for that! After I took a second glance at it, I'm guessing it's some sort of moth? Oh, I love dark chocolate covered almonds (AKA Hershey's Nuggets)...my addiction. We came face-to-face with a rattlesnake when we went to Arizona several years ago...it was on the lawn of the resort where we stayed. I about had a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...they're kinda common in AZ...but, I tellya, I never EVER got used to them. I always ran, or at least turned around the other direction and moved swiftly. Nightmares occurred afterwards.

      Delete
  7. Love your answer to #2! Brings back HeeHaw memories. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...you caught on. Give yourself a high five, lady!!!

      Delete
  8. Love the picture and love the pictures that can be seen in more than one way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think twitter has stolen my doodle time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do twitter, but I completely understand your statement.

      Delete
  10. I thought sure it was a snake at first. ;-)

    White cake with chocolate icing and chopped pecans on top = deliciousness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh ya, you and I would bicker over the last cupcake then, LOL

      Delete
  11. I do wear my red power suit to work when I am in for a challenging day....

    Terrified of snakes. Almost as much as spiders.

    I have been to New Orleans (partner hails from there) at least a dozen times, but never at Mardi Gras. Once we arrived exactly one week after and all the beads were still hanging in the trees...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya....must admit, N O is a bit of a 'stinky' city. But still a fun city. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  12. When I looked at the last shot enlarged it reminded me of a butterfly wing. Am I right? Cool shot for Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...very close. It's a moth.

      Delete
  13. Looks like a butterfly wing to me. Fun answers to the questions and I HATE snakes too. Ewwww.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that makes 2 of us then. Snakes are creepy crawlies.

      Delete
  14. Right with you on the snake answer. Sometimes I say to myself-without bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BUT before Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day there is another big day!!!
    And we are thankful for each of them right Anni
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ummmmmmmmm, you got me puzzled? [kidding]

      Delete
  16. Wow! So cool.. I will have to show this one to my kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you clicked on the link provided to show all the images to your children!!!

      Delete
  17. Hi Anni, I don't like snakes either ---any of them... Yipes!!!! I do like the color RED --especially at Christmas and during Valentines Celebrations.

    I love making a snowman--but we never get enough snow here to do that...

    I would die for a big piece of Peanut Butter Pie.... YUM...

    Hope you have a good evening.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had peanut butter pie before...I'm doing good to eat a PBJ sandwich. LOL

      Delete
  18. Snakes always make me think of the scene from Raiders of the Lost Arc. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you http://georgielee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His pet snake, Reggie? Oh ya. I hate snakes Doc.

      Delete
  19. Yikes!!! I am totally petrified of snakes!!! I am Chinese but I'm not into the colour red - I look terrible in red! Purple is my colour!

    Delightful post as always, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too....terrified is exactly what I am.

      Delete
  20. 1. A year and a half ago around my sliding glass door opening...when my Hubby started to open the sliding glass door and realized there was a 4 foot snake slithering around the metal.
    2. Hee-Haw!
    3.Snowman since I'd break every bone in my body trying th other two. :)
    4.The years have taught me time goes by too fast, where the days sometimes drag on forever...at work, at least!
    5.This morning when my granddaughter didn't finish the mini red velvet cupcake she asked for...can't throw it away!
    6. My three year old when she says I make her heart broke...she gets whatever she wants.
    7.Doodle anytime I'm on hold on the phone.
    8.I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to use the phone either...so that explains the not so much a doodler here. LOL Thanks, glad you like visiting with me.

      Delete
  21. I'll be singing that song all day now! I'm off to the dentist this morning so it feels appropriate : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....ewwww, dentists...that's a four letter word here....OUCH.

      Delete
  22. #2: That’s from Hee-Haw, right?

    Congrats on saying no to cola! It means you say yes to the other stuff, right? ;)

    Nice snake photo, even though you don’t like them. I could never post a good photo of a spider. I don’t think there could BE a good photo of a spider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, it IS Hee Haw, and not it's not a snake. And yes, I do drink other stuff besides cola now, but prefer water mostly.

      Delete
  23. I will miss Mardi Gras again this year. but that's okay since I lived in that part of the world for most of my life. My neighbor is playing really loud and obnoxious music so it sorta feels like Mardi Gras.

    ReplyDelete

.