my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




It's time for some Trash Talk.




It's once again time to laugh...laugh along with some of my unforgettable 'trash talk'. I find these articles and continue to be amazed at the stupidity of some, along with the quick wit and humor of others. So, without further ado, the next installment of the news of the recent past [for me personally, I just can't believe it's true] but here goes:



    GPS error [duh!!...y'think?]...A 67-year-old woman from Belgium learned that the hard way after she followed (faulty) directions from her GPS device. The woman only wanted to go about 90 miles from her hometown of Hainault Erquelinnes, Belgium, to pick up a friend at the Brussels train station. Her GPS device sent her about 900 miles to the south...read more
Of course, the hilarious comments:

Walt posted: In a related story: Women dies of starvation at Brussels train station waiting for her friend to pick her up.

Reginald posted: I never want to hear another word about men not stopping and asking for directions.

Russ posted: She should consider driving a taxi....She could make a fortune.

John posted: I haven't driven in Europe much, but aren't there signs that say "Welcome to Croatia"?

Rusted Nail posted: Let's see, going 90 miles @ 90MPH= 1 hour. So 90 miles @ 45MPH = 2 hours. So on day two of your 2 hour trip you realized something was wrong?

foo posted: Wait, she kept driving because she was distracted? For 900 miles? Which would have required multiple stops for gas, food, and going to the bathroom. And she didn't notice ANY sort of clue that she wasn't in Belgium?

Incoherent and Indifferen ... posted: Did she make her MENSA meeting, does anyone know?

ArmyMedic_4u posted: GPS--
Granny Passed Station
Granny Pretty Senile
Granny Please Stop

Leopards Realm posted: The stupidity factor is off the scale on this one.

Jane posted:
Oh please, 900 miles before she realized something was wrong? GPS may have had a glitch, but this woman only has one oar in the water.................



...and the last one. Trust me, if it's only 1/2 true, it's still a doozie!

Nakkinhead posted: BlondeStar 911
A woman called Orem police Friday afternoon needing help because her battery died and she was locked inside her car. When police arrived, they found the woman sitting in the car, unable to get herself out. She couldn’t hear the officers instructions through the rolled-up windows so she motioned to them to call her on her cell phone, according to police. Once officers were able to talk to the woman on the phone, they were able to tell her how to manually operate the slide lock mechanism on the inside door panel to open the door and free herself. “I'm just glad she had a cell phone to call for help,” an officer said.

no copyright infringement intended

26 comments :

  1. Well, what can I say that others haven't? I saw on the news that some people are driving their cars right into the river or sea because their GPS tells them to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness!!! This is all so unbelievable.

      Delete
  2. Love your blog's Valentine decor! It's so feminine!!!

    Ginny...really? That was on the news? People are idiots! My hubby says so all the time when he is driving, and now they have proven it!

    Annie, these are so hilarious! I really enjoy when you post these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you like reading them as much as I do.

      Delete
  3. i read the other day "i've stopped asking people if they're stupid", because it seems they have taken it up as a challenge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rofl....now that is funny. Seriously? That is way too funny.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed your trash talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...happy to know you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear. I guess I'll forget about getting a GPS to help me navigate. Mercy! I also love your pretty header, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, but if true, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby argues with the GPS...when it turns out she is right he says well she didn't say it quick enough I had to make a decision. LOL
    HugsC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navigation isn't all that bad. But, the verbal part is most difficult to understand a lot of the time. LOL

      Delete
  8. I truly enjoyed this and had a good laugh..
    I have heard lots of people end up in the wrong place, but come on 900 miles!!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed it Sharon. Your profile has no link to your blog tho. :o(

      Delete
  9. I've heard of stories like this; it confirms my decision to never buy a GPS. Good grief I could end up going places I don't want to go - like a thousand miles from home! --- Laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...some are so dependent, I guess they can actually become dumb, dumber, and dumbest.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness I love Reginald and John's responses! I also love this because she's not a blond!!

    Wow 900 miles? I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I just can't believe it's true. LOL on the blond reference. Me, being blond and all. Well, at least WAS blond.

      Delete
  11. modern technology brings out a whole new breed of stupid :)
    Just to let you know, I got that box I posted at Dollar General.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhh, no wonder I've never seen them; shopping at the Dollar Store.

      Delete
  12. Oh, these were hilarious! The one about the woman locked in her car...oh. my. goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHA!! I never trust technology. GPS and even internet directions never take people to my office. They say to make a sharp U turn at Grant and Russell. In case you do that you will turn into four lanes of traffic!
    I am amazed at how really stupid people can be! I would never drive 900 miles without realizing I missed the train station 90 minutes away! DUH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's really a bit far fetched in my opinion.

      Delete

.