my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Shopping .. TV Fragments






  • Monday morning I woke up to not feeling 100%....stomach flu. Nasty. But feeling stronger by the day...it kinda zapped me for a couple days.


  • Received a Texas Tollways Bill for our car...it wasn't even ON the toll road at the date and time of the toll tax!!! Amazing. Thankfully, it's been straightened out.


  • I understand that Blogger will no longer give you the option of the old interface this month, so I'm desperately trying to figure it all out. LOL


  • Here in town, there is a shopping place that Bud and I rarely frequent.  For more reasons than one, but the main reason is, it's GRUBBY!!  It's the Corpus Christi Trade Center, and it's filled with little areas cordoned off for individual sellers from all nationalities.  But, if you want to find the 'unusual' that you're looking for, you'd probably find it here.  Mostly Imports of course.  Well, I wanted a matching pair of foo dogs for our patio area by the large patio sliding doors.  Foo Dogs are oriental.  They are protectors of the gate. [or castle, temples, or residence] --warding off evil to the domicile entry...


  • In Chinese Mythology, Fu Dogs or Foo Dogs, also known as Chinese guardian lions are said to have protective powers. Foo Dogs are traditional guardians of temples, palaces, tombs, offices, and well-to-do homes. They always appear in pairs, the left side representing the female and the right side representing the male. What Are Foo Dogs? Foo dogs or fu dogs are considered to be sacred dogs that used to guard the Buddhist temples. Foo dogs have a close relationship with Buddhism as they have an appearance like lions and were considered as protectors of the religious buildings and defenders of law. There is a conception associated with foo dogs that these can shun away evil spirits from a place, this is why one can commonly find their statues at temple gates and tomb doors. As foo dogs are closely related to the history and tradition of China, they are given in the form of statues.So, last weekend after going out for our Brunch, we drove over to the Trade Center in hopes of finding the pair. There are several Oriental 'boutiques' and in the 2nd place we stopped, they had just what I wanted. Small, red stone Foo Dogs. I got one Female [she is the one with the cub under her paw] and one Male [he has the world/globe under his paw]. As soon as we arrived back home, I set 'em out for our protection---



  • Look closer, just above the "i's" in Hootin' Anni's watermark on the left larger image....see Tahoe in the window; watching me?


  • Read More and View Other Foo Dogs


  • Oh My Goodness....NCIS last couple of episodes leaves us viewers with all kinds of questions for the season ending.  Or is it just me?  You faithful followers...what happened to Jamie Lee?  What is going to happen to Ducky?  Is he not going to be coming back?  Why the bringing up of his will?  The last two weeks' episodes "Rekindled" and this week's "Playing with Fire" left us all with untied ends to be sure.  Then, looking further to see when the last show of the season will be I found two more - probably on the 15th of May, it'll be an unfinished show; a cliffhanger!!!  But the two  upcoming shows are: 
      Up In Smoke Episode 23 5/8/12 The team's search for a terrorist targeting the Navy takes a bizarre turn when a high-tech bug is found in Probationary Agent Ned Dorneget's tooth.   
      Till Death Do Us Part Episode 24 5/15/12 Terrorism shakes the foundations of the Navy and NCIS to such an extent that Gibbs and the team face surprises that will devastate them.

    I'm at a loss for words other than I do hope Ducky returns. I do hope in season ten that we'll find out about Gibbs' love interest and Jamie Lee Curtis. What about Palmer and his wedding? Is this the "Till Death Do Us Part"....or is that something that will take us on a journey of the unknown? Maybe McGeek is leaving the show?  Or Jamie Lee no longer part of the plot?  What about all the other 'inner team' >>or perhaps another agent with NCIS that will  be  his/her final days because of terrorism?!!  OH My Goodness!!!















  • CONNECTING TO:
    Mommy's Idea

    26 comments :

    1. I was wondering the same thing about Ducky...we missed a lot of the last few weeks, obviously, so I am really at a loss! I am counting on you to help me keep up!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, the writers of NCIS have really put the hipper-dipper to us all who follow faithfully. That's for darned sure. Great season this year I think.

        Delete
    2. Glad you're feeling better. The flu has been running around in our area too.
      We've missed the last few NCIS episodes - better catch up, it sounds like!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yes...just the last two episodes have been some serious brain storms.

        Delete
    3. Glad you are feeling better, those stomach bugs can be rough.
      I like the Foo Dogs, hope they bring you great protection!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, I'm glad someone knows about foo dogs...I talk about them with others and they look so puzzled. LOL

        Delete
    4. Glad you're feeling better - love the new dogs!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have yet to find the advantage to the new blogger. Grrrr... why change for the sake of changing if there is no real benefit?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Some of it is okay....but I'm not thrilled with it. Not at all.

        Delete
    6. The foo dogs you got are beautiful! I know what they are, there are quite a few around here in front of big houses. The new Blogger is already messing up with me. I Always have my posts so you can scroll down and see them all, now there is only the current one on my page, and when I change it back in settings, it doesn't work...I cannot see anything better about the new change!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So far, in the new interface, it's been working for me [I don't know for how long, tho.]

        So far, it's been working for me....

        Settings > Posts and comments > Posts > 3 on main page> SAVE settings [right top corner]

        Delete
    7. Glad that stomach flu didn't stick around longer than a couple of days!

      I love the foo dogs! Good to have protectors and those look so elegant, really!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I too have been fascinated by them ever since I learned about them.

        Delete
    8. I like the new header - - - please tell me it is new and not that I'm just not very observant - - -

      Blogger USED to have a notice that said the old interface was going away permanently this month, but that notice is now gone. I have been sending them begging pleas to NOT remove it, I vainly like to think they've heard me AND listened.

      I wonder if NCIS is getting ready to go off the air permanently. I hope not, it is one of my faves.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope that isn't the case for NCIS. Never crossed my mind, but NOW it has...thanks to you. lol :::sigh:::

        Delete
    9. Glad you're feeling better. Very interesting on the Food dogs.
      My husband is the NCIS addict in our house. I watch occasionally but don't even know all the characters names

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Ann....hope you had a lot of fun yesterday while Duke entertained us.

        Delete
    10. Annie, I am glad you are feeling better!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hi Anni we hope you are feeling better today and that next week is better!
      I am watching ncsi tonight, lots of questions!!
      Hugs madi and mom

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So do I...so do I. This flu bout nearly 'zapped me'!!!

        Delete
    12. Hi Anni, Love your little Foo dogs....

      If you need help with the new interface, just ask. I have used it for months and months...

      NCIS is leaving us with some big cliffhangers for sure. I hope they do bring Jamie Lee back.

      You talk about NCIS --but haven't mentioned NCIS: LA... I like it even more than NCIS... The characters are awesome in both shows.

      Hugs,
      Betsy

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. lol...I don't mention NCIS-LA 'cause I've watched it only a couple of times and failed to get interested. For me, seriously, it's too Hollywood. I don't care for the characters at all.

        Delete
    13. Hope you feel better and better my friend.

      ReplyDelete

    .