“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Like Banana too ---



Yellow bird,
Up high in banana tree
Yellow bird
You sit all alone like me
Did your lady friend
Leave the nest again
That is very sad
Make me feel so bad
You can fly away
In the sky away
You more lucky than me
I also have a pretty gal
She not with me today
They all the same
These pretty gals
Make them the nest
Then they fly away
Yellow bird
Up high in banana tree
Yellow bird
You sit all alone like me
Black 'n' yellow you
Like banana too
Better fly away
In the sky away
Picker coming soon
Pick from night to noon
He might pick you someday
Wish that I was a yellow bird
I'd fly away with you
But I am not a yellow bird
So here I sit, nothing else to do

Yellow bird


Yellow bird






Sung by Roger Whittaker

PHOTO CREDITS:  Tennessee Warbler. [yellow bird] in our lantana bush.  The sunrise image with a gull in the distance is taken directly off the highway from the car window... crossing the intercoastal causeway, JFK {I liked the rippled, wavy sky}.







Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.


CONNECTING TO:





_ _ _



If you're planning a trip to the dentist, it might not be the wisest decision to make your appointment with the person you just broke up with. A Polish woman is facing three years in prison after she removed all of her ex-boyfriend's teeth during dental surgery just days after their breakup. "I tried to be professional and detach myself from my emotions," Anna "Mac.", 34, told the Austrian Times. "But when I saw him lying there I just thought, 'What a bastard' and decided to take all his teeth out."

No infringement intended







...and now the comments:




Dillan posted: "He loves me..." Yank! "He loves me not!" Yank! "He loves me..." Yank! "He loves me not!" Yank

R.C. posted: Lucky for him the ex wasn't his proctologist.

Kenneth posted: At least he didn't go for a vasectomy.

Common Sense Guy posted: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. And that's the tooth.

GENE posted: I'm surprised she didn't leave him the one tooth that was hurting in the first place - just to add insult to injury....

C S posted: she gave him anesthetic, that was nice.

Runforit posted: I just saw this guy at Walmart I think.

jrd posted: Fatal Extraction!



the last comment for the day---


doc posted: finally a yahoo article you can sink your teeth into





30 comments :

  1. Your pictures are gorgeous, even the leaves! That man, I don't feel sorry for him, he was either really stupid or completely thoughtless, or both. But she should have just sent him away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I'd go to a dentist that is an "ex" in the first place.

      Delete
  2. Great post!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a nice day, too, Hans!!

      Delete
  3. Anni, are you SURE we aren't sisters????? Separated at birth or something? I had started my post last week when all that stuff with Dan started, and didn't get to go anywhere with it until last night. It was really too funny - I just didn't have enough "stuff" to do the whole song, although it has always been a favorite of mine...one of the first "pop" pieces I ever learned to play on the piano. I still have the sheet music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously...huh? That was an incredible shock to visit you this morning. LOVED YOUR yellow bird images. LOL [and speaking of piano..I still have my sheet music stored, but no piano these days...liquidated when we retired.]

      Delete
  4. OH MY goodness I haven't heard this one in a while nor have I ever seen a Tennessee Warbler...what a pretty little tweeter.
    What was the Polish guy thinking letting his ex anywhere near him with needles and very sharp instruments of torture.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I too think the guy was a lunatic to go to HER for a toothache. My goodness. What was he thinking? And the 'ex'...she was MoRe a LuNaTiC. LOL

      Glad you had a chance to see a Tennessee Warbler...it really didn't cooperate at all for me...flittin' 'round and all.

      Delete
  5. Love your pretty yellow bird. I've got goldfinch, who are looking pretty these days. And yeah, the guy wasn't thinking, was he? Or maybe he didn't realize the depth of her anger. He does now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like goldfinches too. Yep, I agree....what was he thinking?

      Delete
  6. Little yellow birds, so pretty and in such luscious greenery. They must be very happy little birds. I have a few new birds coming to my feeders, and I love seeing them and then identifying them. My kids gave me a book for Christmas with all the birds of Kentucky, with pictures and facts about each one.
    I had not heard the song before, and after seeing Linda's post. I was ready to research it. Now I don't have to. I like it, cute little song!
    I had read the story about the dentist. It made me laugh, but really, why on earth would you go to your ex for dentistry problems. I know I sure would not, but then I don't trust my ex At ALL! The comments are hilarious though.
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the comments area usually the BEST part of the articles on Yahoo. Oh, having a bird ID book is awesome. I have several...on very large one [I guess you'd call it a coffee table edition] and a small one near my computer, and one in the car to take along with my binoculars]. They're a 'come in handy' on a new species.

      Delete
  7. Loved your yellow bird and you got great shots.
    How funny was the story about an idiot that went to his ex.One thing about it he will always remember her.
    How funny
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon....do hope you're feeling much better today.

      Delete
  8. Love that song! I haven't heard it for a long time.
    I read about the dentist - crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari, for visiting...glad you enjoyed the song for the week.

      Delete
  9. That song brings back memories, Anni. Love your yellow bird.

    Thanks for dropping by the Writing Nook. Not sure why my posts aren't showing. I've had a terrible time with Blogger ever since the changes.

    Dwight is doing well since his cortisone shot. Dr. never called about the heart monitor test, so guess I'm going to live. LOL

    Hope you and Bud are both well. Drop me an email if you have time.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary...I rarely do any emailing these days. No time for much more than paying visits to bloggers and setting up a blog for the weekdays. When I find time, we ARE very busy and both of us have had a 'run in' with the flu bug...so, if I remember, I'll get over and open my email account. It's been weeks since I've composed one....lol.

      Delete
  10. One of my favorite songs, and I've always liked Roger Whittaker. Really enjoyed this one, Anni, even sang along with it. The dog was asleep, so she didn't howl when I tried to sing.
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...he has such a soft, easy listening, voice!!! What's this? Your furbaby is known to howl when you sing? LOL

      Delete
  11. love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is funny...my granddaughter (Mini Me) and I were singin' this song just yesterday! We also sang, "Yes, We Have No Bananas too. See a theme here? Heeehehehe!!!

    Love the new look sweetie!

    God bless and have an extraordinary day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good yellow...sunny day song too. I haven't thought of "Yes, we have no bananas' in eons!!!

      Delete
  13. What a pretty yellow bird.
    That guy was pretty stupid. Why on earth would he go to her if they had just broken up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom always said "Stupid is as stupid does".

      Delete
  14. The little song about the yellow bird reminded me of my Daddy Bluebird --who lost his family this week. He's still wandering around pecking on our windows, making screeching noises, fluttering his wings ---and just seems very agitated... I feel sorry for him --but keep telling me to quit being angry and go out there and find another female and bring her to the nestbox... So far, he hasn't heard me!!!!! ha

    I read that story about the dentist... Can you believe it????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy....glad you could stop by before your blogging break. You'll be missed.

      Delete
  15. That is too funny. It's really hard to have sympathy for a guy dumb enough to go to his ex-girlfriend for dental work just after he broke up with her.
    I'll be back this week with a musical post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could stop by...I'm sure you're very busy.

      Delete

.