“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






All Terrain Armored Transport [AT AT] vs. Alien



Today is a great day for a burrito...extra spicy with lots of jalapenos!!!!








Lots o' play with these two images....its Star Wars vs. The Alien here!! The All Terrain Armored Transport is in "hot" pursuit of the Alien. [I never did like Sigourney Weaver much, did you? LOL] "Take that you nasty creature!!! No birthin' on MY Imperial planet". ZAP!!!!!





ZAP
Verb:
Destroy or obliterate: "zap the enemy's artillery".
Noun:
A sudden effect or event that makes a dramatic impact, esp. a sudden burst of energy or sound.
Synonyms:
verb. kill
noun. energy - vim - vigour - vigor - zip


May Categories for Photo Hunt
5th * Zap
12th * Scoop
19th * Magical
26th * Creative


When I was doing the Spring Cleaning back in February, I had to scrub these two movie figures [with a bottle brush to get in all the hidden crevices!]. Luckily, I took a photo of each after hosing them down ---making it possible to use them both with the prompt "zap". With a lot of Paint Shop Pro effects added of course! They've been in my possession for decades ---both belong to Erik, they were HIS toys when a youngster.





CONNECTING TO:
Camera Critters



_ _ _


WEEKEND FUNNIES



You might be a redneck Jedi if ...

You prefer the phrase, "May the force be with y'all."
The doors on your X-Wing are welded shut and you have to climb in through the windows.
You've used a light saber to light the barbecue grill.
The disturbance you detected in the Force was last night's baked beans.




What did Obi Wan say to Luke when he tried to eat bantha pie with a spoon?
"Use the FORK, Luke."


Yoda and Obi-Wan walked into a bar and bought a 5 dollar drink.
Yoda, seeing that he only had 4 dollars asked Obi-Wan, "Have a dollar do you? A little short I am."


President Obama was awakened one night by an urgent call from the Pentagon.
"Mr. President," said the four-star general, barely able to contain himself, "there’s good news & bad news."
"Oh, no," muttered the President, "Well, let me have the bad news first."
 "The bad news, sir, is that we’ve been invaded by creatures from another planet."
"Gosh, and the good news?"
"The good news, sir, is that they eat reporters and pee oil."



38 comments :

  1. Love the alien jokes!!!! So appropriate, today was Star Trek Day, May the fourth be with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that....I'm not a 'trekkie'.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for your blog advice! I have done it and it still doesn't work. I have set it for three, and other numbers, and saved it. It still stays the same. I don't like the new blogger. I don't understand what is better that made them change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, too bad. It IS so very frustrating, that I know for sure.

      Delete
  3. how many times did you watch Star Wars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ann, I can't remember the exact count. But I do know once the 'ewoks' came into the 'picture', the movies lost a lot of pizzazz for me. I like the first one best.

      Delete
  4. Loved the Star Wars funnies...I was definitely a fan - raising 4 boys during that period! We had every kind of Star Wars thing you can imagine. And, it has now come full circle - the grandchildren love Star Wars! And, they have every kind of Star Wars thing you can imagine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only enjoyed the first two sagas of Star Wars....when the ewoks came...too childish for me. LOL

      Delete
  5. My "boys", including Fisherhubby, love all things Star. That includes both Trek AND Wars.

    Funny that you still have those toys. For a while back in the "War" days Taco Bell gave out "War" themed toys in their kids' meals. Hubby collected them all and for YEARS we kept them in their original wrappers. Not sure if he still has them or if we "let them go" when we moved from Indiana up here to Wisconsin a year and a half ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually 'hoard' everything movie. LOL

      Delete
  6. Love the creativity here - it was a tough theme!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it was a tough one to work with this week. But, a good challenge.

      Delete
  7. I went over to see what the prompt was for Saturday Photo Hunt and gave up. Couldn't think of a thing to contribute to "zap". You aced it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks Betty. It really took a lot of juices flowing to figure something out tho.

      Delete
  8. Remote comment from a conference in Michigan - Hubby loved the jokes! Love the "zap" photos! My biggest problem with the Alien movie was that I read the book first.

    Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not much on SCI FI...so the Alien movies weren't up there on top for me. LOL

      Delete
  9. Woo Hoo, good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I made you giggle a bit.

      Delete
  10. Funny, creative post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you enjoyed a bit of laughter and fun.

      Delete
  11. MOL Ms Anni
    I thank my lucky 'star'wars my mom doesn't have any of these instruments of torture!! I know for sure she'd be trying to get my reactions to each.

    What a treasure to still have such neat toys from Erik's childhood.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....seems you're a bit 'paranoid' ---your mom wouldn't do that to you, I know better. LOL

      Delete
  12. That sure was a terrific post on 'Zap'. That is one great toy. Loved the funnies. Happy Cinco de Mayo day. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'zap' was truly a challenge to be sure.

      Delete
  13. I actually like Sigourney Weaver. Am I in the minority for doing so? :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....oh, I'm sure a LOT of people like her!!!

      Delete
  14. i'm not a Sigourney Weaver fan, either, and I love Star Wars. enjoyed your funnies.:p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  15. Anni, What marvelous toys. Glad you've kept them all of these years.

    When I was an extra in "Gorillas in the Mist," I met Ms. Weaver. She was very aloof with everyone. Guess she figured she was a star. LOL

    Glad to hear from you. Hope you and Bud are doing well.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to see you up and about blogland again...been quite a while.

      Delete
  16. I owned every single on of the Star Wars movies and, every so often when all the lovelies are home, we have a Star Wars-athon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 'em too....but don't know where they went.

      Delete
  17. Great Zap... may the 4th be with you
    That is until you cinco de Mayo :-)
    ~Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely it was a great challenge this week.

      Delete
  18. I never was much of a star wars fan but I thoroughly enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me either, actually...but with Bud and Erik, seems everything there, for a while, was Star Wars.

      Delete
  19. woohoo! what a metallic machine critters they are :-) look so cool :-) Dropping by from Camera Critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a 'fun' post this week. I try to combine a couple of different memes and having to associate animal with 'zap' challenge was a bit for the photo software.

      Delete

.