my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




The Wings to Fly




Want to spread my wings and fly
Away into the sky
How I dream to be so free
No more sadness no more pain
No more anger no more hate
How I dream to have those wings and fly into the sky


If now, I could grant my wish
I'd wish to have those wings
Those wings just like the birds
That fly up in the air


So high up in the air
With feathers bright and fair

No wealth nor power can make
My heart filled with such joy


Want to spread my wings and fly
Away into the sky
How I dream to be so free
No more sadness no more pain
No more anger no more hate
How I dream to have those wings and fly into the sky


Want to spread my wings and fly
Away into the sky
How I dream to be so free
No more sadness no more pain
No more anger no more hate
How I dream to have those wings and fly into the sky






I'd fly with those wings....



Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.


CONNECTING TO:


Song lyrics sung by Susan Boyle
at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhB2mIhCzQ
Photos: A Heron, preening, near Oso Bay & Flying Heron near Packery Channel [Mustang Island]



- - -




Newt Gingrich was bitten by a penguin at the Saint Louis Zoo on Friday during a private tour, zoo officials said. The candidate was on the tour before giving a speech to the National Rifle Association convention when "he was nipped on the finger" by a Magellanic penguin, Susan Gallagher, the zoo's public relations director, told Reuters on Monday. A Band-Aid, she added, "took care of the injury." Gingrich has made frequent zoo visits a part of his presidential campaign....





*

And now, the best part: The comments -


JohnRC posted: Geez, I hope the Penguin is ok.

lg1 posted: Other penguins heard this one yelled "HEY DON'T TOUCH MY WIFE!!!"


Bere posted: Best. Penguin. Ever.

Nate posted: When this is the biggest news story of the day about your campaign, it's time to drop out...


dellman posted: Did the Penguin get a rabies shot?


Grumpy posted: A zoo is a good place to leave a Newt!


Haywood Jablomee posted: Someone please send Newt a gift certificate for a free shark dive


Oglaigh n h'Eirran posted: Boy...and I thought Trumps hairpiece was bad!!


Del-one posted: The Penguin bit the Joker. I bet Batman and Robin got a laugh over that.

J D posted: Newt, quit harassing the chicks.


....and the last one for the week:




Eric posted: What's the big deal? On the food chain, penguins rank above Newts.






The complete story posted here -Newt
no copyright infringement intended

40 comments :

  1. What a strange story! Your bird photos are just outstanding!!! Is it a Blue Heron??? It looks like you were right up beside it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny...y'know, you shoulda linked up to TTS today too.

      Delete
  2. As always the comments are better than the story itself. Poor Newt, even the penguins are after him.

    Gorgeous shots of the heron(?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are always too, too funny. And, yes, it's a heron.

      Delete
  3. Ganz wundervolle Fotos. Bin begeistert.

    LG Mathilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are so good!! I always love the bird pictures! Enjoy your weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. THOSE (on the Newt story) of some of the funniest comments I have ever read!
    As always, I am so envious of your bird photographing skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, shucks, you make me blush. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  6. Those are GREAT comments! And I sometimes dream I have wings and can fly. Hugs to you, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you picked the perfect song for your photos. The two together tell a story of a bird finding its wings. At first he is shy and unsure, but soon finds his inspiration and off he goes. Awesome!

    As for the Trash Talk, funny as usual. Love the Batman comment!

    Hope the patio project is going well. Can't wait to see photos.
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the patio is getting near 'done'...just need to clean it up some before I take photos. Perhaps tomorrow. I too love the Batman comment.

      Delete
  8. Those comments are so funny. Your photos are so pretty.
    I can't wait to see the Patio project.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon...it's always good to have you stop by with a sweet hello!!!

      Delete
  9. The pictures are beautiful. The comments not so beautiful. So sad that people are so nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your doggie post today Lois.

      Delete
  10. Absolutely beautiful pictures and oh my goodness Susan Boyle's voice is magical.

    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't her singing just phenomenal.

      Delete
  11. As a little girl, I dreamed of being a bird. I would climb to the top of our maple tree and imagine what it would be like to fly. Now that I'm in a wheelchair, that dream is even more desired. Then I could go where ever I wanted. This post is extra special. Thanks Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I sit and watch birds a lot and dream of being up in the sky soaring and free.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful choice for TTS, Anni...both music and photos.
    Gotta wonder what the Newt did to anger the penguin. I met a lovely penguin in Orlando and he was more interested in my shoes than in the rest of me. He certainly didn't bite.
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Newt....so many people pick on him.

      Delete
  13. Your photos are gorgeous.
    Love all those comments, gave me a good laugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 'trash talk'...it's always good for a few laughs.

      Delete
  14. I love Susan Boyle's voice... I have one of her CD's.... Great song---and love the heron...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...her voice just reeks of pure pleasure!!!

      Delete
  15. Your photos are fantastic! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? It's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  17. Wow I love this post. Great pics as always.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great weekend too, Maggie.

      Delete
  18. I so love blue heron!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anni,

    Until last night, I had so much trouble with blogger. Trust it will be ok now. Sorry I didn't link my Bonnie lies over the ocean song.

    Sometimes I like to be a bird, and fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay Ann....no worries. But I must say I enjoyed your post. Very much.

      Delete
  20. Oh Anni! These photos are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped in to view them Misty Dawn!!! I loved your images of the heron too.

      Delete

.