“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






let sleeping 'cats' lie & beach sunrise...


Sunrise on Whitecap Beach - Padre Island - Texas


Please note....I've been extremely busy helping Bud with the patio work. Haven't been online much except for just before he wakes up. At sunrise, we've been outdoors from hour 1 'til it's time to prepare dinner and shower up. I'll try and get to visiting with y'all tomorrow [Wednesday morning], as I'm publishing this on Tuesday afternoon. See ya!!






CONNECTING TO:






- - -


HODGEPODGE


1. William Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play? I am definitely a Shakespeare reader. I'm always going to his works to quote him around the house [I have the complete works of Shakespeare in our home library] Sometimes I go online. My favorite play?---it'd have to be Julius Caesar. Has been since High School!!! That's when I first found a 'love' of Shakespeare and it continues today. Second favorite, actually close to a 'toss up' ---Hamlet!!! Speaking of Shakespeare, I just watched the DVD of Anonymous...VERY interesting. The last novel I recently read 'about Shakespeare' was: "The Secret Confessions of Anne Shakespeare" --which I highly recommend if you're into his life; be it real or fiction. [my personal review here]

2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country? Of course, it'd be "All American" Cuisine - - Either a cheeseburger or a ballpark hot dog. Why am I drooling right now?

3. What's a lie you often tell yourself? Huh? Lie to myself? How can I do that, when I would know the truth...that doesn't make any sense at all to me.

4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog! I have this talent...talent of spreading my toes and picking up things with them off the floor. Scary, huh?

5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book? Easy 'nough for me to answer: Rudyard Kipling's Riki-Tiki-Tavi. [a mongoose that kills snakes...I hate snakes. So, "Riki" is a hero in my life.] This story could be quite a frightful tale for younger children, but still a beautiful story in its own right about the love, devotion, and skills of protecting a small boy from a cobra! I LOVE Riki Tiki Tavi. The book, the animated movie...In fact, Rudyard Kipling is a fantastic author. The Jungle Books are super for young and old alike. [the image is actually one that I borrowed from wikipedia - I even saw this book in the children's section of the half price books store the other day, and now I wish I would have picked it up and bought it. The art work is incredible!!

6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb? I guess...at least outdoors. I love gardening outdoors.

7. Speaking of rainy days...which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day- [in order or what I'd do...first to last]

Seven: sort photos and create albums
Three: bake cookies
One: read a good book
Two: hold an all-day movie marathon
Five: organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
Four: try a new recipe
Six: fix something that needs fixing

8. Insert your own random thought here.






day 1


day 2 [and all other days in chronological order - aka EVERY day]





CONNECTING TO:

50 comments :

  1. Numbers five and six for me also!!! Hey, I used to be the expert on picking things up with my toes! Now, though, I tend to get foot cramps. WHY are cats attracted to electrical equipment to sleep on, and when they are sick???? When everyone was in bed at night, my son's cat went to the lap top computer and threw up on the keyboard. Of ALL the things in the whole house!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love Riki Tiki Tavi too? Most people have never even heard of the story. I'm impressed!! Ohhhhhhh, eww. el gato vomito! no good, no matter where.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful glow of light across the water! And bonus wings too! Magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunrises on the sea are indeed magical.

      Delete
  3. I beautiful photo! sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy to see you visit, that gives me a chance to drop by your blog and get a giggle or two with your fun posts.

      Delete
  4. Stunnin' photo sweetie. I soooo understand the busyness, I always say...life first!

    I adored readin' your hodgepodge.

    Have a blessed and beautiful day...rest up my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post I just read, it was INCREDIBLE. And I know of Marydon's acts of kindness...they're just unbeatable!!!

      Delete
  5. Isn't this your second post of the day? You are always getting much more written and done than I ever imagine doing, Anni! See you when I see you, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJan...your birthday post was just like standing over your shoulder as you wrote to your father. I so enjoyed it. And, yep, it was my 2nd post. I wasn't sure I'd be able to get in here to read comments today...but as you can see, I'm here. For a while.

      Delete
  6. Loved your pic!! I did some art today and worked on a seascape. Oh, how I would love to be sitting at the beach right now.

    Don't let Bud work you too hard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, well, if you were to ask Bud, he'd swear it was the other way 'round. I'm working HIM too hard. lol

      Delete
  7. What a marvellous capture Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen....as is your beach image today.

      Delete
  8. Love the glowing light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably 'burned' my lens a little bit pointing it directly toward the sun...but it was just so beautiful. Thanks, Ebie.

      Delete
  9. Love your shots, Anni. Love reading your writing too.
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das sind alles wunderschöne Fotos, besonders gefällt mir der Sonnenuntergang.

    LG Mathilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the sunset best!! [it's sunrise]

      Delete
  11. Beautiful sunset. I love your cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...sweet Denise, you're always so positive, and I love you for you being you.

      Delete
  12. Love the cat! I also love reading your writing - I always find out things about you that make me feel like I want to know more about you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to stop by if you ever get this far south....I'd love to meet you.

      Delete
  13. Shakespeare's birthday is April 23rd...that's my hubby's birthday too. Now I knew! ^_^ Thanks for linking Water World Wednesday I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim....thanks for stopping by, and thanks for hosting this weekly meme.

      Delete
  14. I love your pretty sunset picture! Your toe talent...quite impressive, I must say! I'm totally with you on the whole snake deal..BLECH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for me....snakes are the worst thing on earth. LOL

      Delete
  15. You need a trip to Stratford if you're interested in his life. Its a charming village and totally dedicated to its favorite son.

    Your talent is interesting : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce....I would love to visit England. The old England and all the history.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful sun rise and I too can pick things up with my toes. Grosses out my family- I consider that a extra bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to find any link to your blog...the blogger page says there is no profile...hence, no direct link.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful sunrise! But then I'm partial to sunrises and sunsets at sea ... and am looking forward to seeing plenty next week! My youngest sister can spread her toes ... we always thought that she was the only person who could do that and teased her mercilessly about it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....Bud thinks spreading my toes is 'gross'. Oh, I bet you can't wait...the beach is calling you!!!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful sunset!
    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...same sentiment to you for today...and everyday. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful pictures! I too can pick things up with my toes. I used to walk up on them with them bent back, and tend to sit with them curled under if I am barefoot. Used to drive my brother up a wall! lol
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly, there are several that can use their toes to pick up things. And here I thought it was something unique. Guess not.

      Delete
  20. a beautiful sunset and a happily napping kitty. doesn't get much better than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sunrises are pretty but you know mom and I are rather partial to kitties and Winston ticks all our handsome mancat requirements.

    Anni...tomorrow will be the first time in as long as I can remember that I will not be participating in TTS. B and I were supposed to be vacation this week in the beautiful NC mountains but due to my Daddy's health we canceled our trip. I've been running around like a crazy woman this week and have not had any time to prepare a TTS.
    I really do enjoy them and hope to be back next week,
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry 'bout TTS you two!!! Life is much more important.

      Delete
  22. Hi Anni, Don't apologize for being busy... I'm there also. Haven't been able to visit blogs in several days. I'm trying to catch up --but it's hard....

    I guess we lie to ourselves at times---trying to convince ourselves that 'it' doesn't matter. I think of my weight through the years. After I'd lose weight, I started gaining it back gradually... I'd lie to myself (or ignore the situation) thinking that I wasn't gaining... Huh?????

    On a rainy day, I'd be sorting photos and making albums. OR--I'd be blogging or Facebooking... ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, blogging wasn't on the list of choices...so I had to put down my favorite to the least favorite of what was given to me. Ya, I'd rather be blogging.

      Delete
  23. Oh what a Beautiful sunrise photo, with a bird in it too, those are the best kind!!
    I too have been busy, wish it was in the yard for me (ours could sure use some TLC) but for me it has been work, work, work at the office. Our computers there have had problems so I have been trying to get work out and fix problems too.
    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhh, nothing far more stressful that a nasty computer glitch when the office depends on 'em for getting a day's work done!!!

      Delete

.