This is a very 'reader's digest' version this week...ran short on time to make a full composition....
Look at what's happened to me,

I can't believe it myself;
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,

Should've been somebody else.
Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,

I never thought I could feel so free;
Flyin' away on a wing and a pray'r,
Who could it be?

Believe it or not, it's just me.
PHOTO CREDITS: A male cardinal in one of our backyard trees this Tuesday morning...
Isn't he gorgeous?
Song Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1Z7u6c0mQ
Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.
CONNECTING TO:

- - -
...and speaking of 'flying high'....
It's Time for Trash Talk!---
SAN FRANCISCO - As Air Force One sat on the tarmac at Los Angeles International Airport this morning, the North American Aerospace Defense Command scrambled two F-16 fighter jets to intercept a small private plane that had invaded the airspace. The disturbance occurred just minutes before President O was scheduled to depart for San Francisco. His plane ultimately took off at 11:40 a.m. PST without incident. The jets intercepted the general aviation plane - a Cessna 182 - just before 11:30 a.m. PST, according to a statement from NORAD. It was soon forced to land at Long Beach Airport and met by local law enforcement officials and the U.S. Secret Service, agency spokesman Brian L told ABC News. Agents interviewed the pilots before they were turned over to the Long Beach Police Department and arrested, an official said. "We determined the incursion of restricted airspace was of no protective interest," said L. In other words, no intended threat to the president. But the pilot was in possession of narcotics, the Secret Service said. One law enforcement source told ABC the plane was carrying 40 pounds of marijuana.
...and the best part - the comments:
David posted: Nothing ruins a mile high buzz worse than an F 16.
OldGoat posted: That is too funny. Two stoners bopping around with 40 pounds of weed onboard not only run into a cop, they run into friggin' NORAD! So for you gamblers out there, what are the odds for a dust up between (1) one single-engine, propeller-driven Cessna piloted by Cheech and Chong, and (2) two F-16s piloted by career Air Force officers with an attitude? THEN, they get met on the ground by the SECRET SERVICE, also with an attitude. By the time they met up with LAPD they must have felt grateful to just have to deal with the local cops.
Old_School! posted: Cheech "Dude wat is dat outside da window of de plane?" Chong "Man, sum funkie lookin dude all dressed up in an alien lookin' outfit in a space craft."
Kenneth Joseph posted: "How am I drivin' Man? I think we're parked. Hey Man, it's the cops! We're being pulled over, act normal!"
adam posted: dude, this is some good #$%$. I took one hit and i swear I'm seeing fighter jets out there...
Flareside posted: The pilot should have just throttled back to 100 knots and let the F-16s try and match his speed. :)
...and the last one today:
don l posted: I can see the right wing headlines now: "SECRET SERVICE BLOCKS 40 LB MARIJUANA DELIVERY TO PRESIDENT OBAMA".
The story in its entirety...read here
No infringement intended.
Look at what's happened to me,

I can't believe it myself;
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,

Should've been somebody else.
Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,

I never thought I could feel so free;
Flyin' away on a wing and a pray'r,
Who could it be?

Believe it or not, it's just me.
PHOTO CREDITS: A male cardinal in one of our backyard trees this Tuesday morning...
Isn't he gorgeous?
Song Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1Z7u6c0mQ
Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.
CONNECTING TO:

- - -
...and speaking of 'flying high'....
It's Time for Trash Talk!---
SAN FRANCISCO - As Air Force One sat on the tarmac at Los Angeles International Airport this morning, the North American Aerospace Defense Command scrambled two F-16 fighter jets to intercept a small private plane that had invaded the airspace. The disturbance occurred just minutes before President O was scheduled to depart for San Francisco. His plane ultimately took off at 11:40 a.m. PST without incident. The jets intercepted the general aviation plane - a Cessna 182 - just before 11:30 a.m. PST, according to a statement from NORAD. It was soon forced to land at Long Beach Airport and met by local law enforcement officials and the U.S. Secret Service, agency spokesman Brian L told ABC News. Agents interviewed the pilots before they were turned over to the Long Beach Police Department and arrested, an official said. "We determined the incursion of restricted airspace was of no protective interest," said L. In other words, no intended threat to the president. But the pilot was in possession of narcotics, the Secret Service said. One law enforcement source told ABC the plane was carrying 40 pounds of marijuana....and the best part - the comments:
David posted: Nothing ruins a mile high buzz worse than an F 16.
OldGoat posted: That is too funny. Two stoners bopping around with 40 pounds of weed onboard not only run into a cop, they run into friggin' NORAD! So for you gamblers out there, what are the odds for a dust up between (1) one single-engine, propeller-driven Cessna piloted by Cheech and Chong, and (2) two F-16s piloted by career Air Force officers with an attitude? THEN, they get met on the ground by the SECRET SERVICE, also with an attitude. By the time they met up with LAPD they must have felt grateful to just have to deal with the local cops.
Old_School! posted: Cheech "Dude wat is dat outside da window of de plane?" Chong "Man, sum funkie lookin dude all dressed up in an alien lookin' outfit in a space craft."
Kenneth Joseph posted: "How am I drivin' Man? I think we're parked. Hey Man, it's the cops! We're being pulled over, act normal!"
adam posted: dude, this is some good #$%$. I took one hit and i swear I'm seeing fighter jets out there...
Flareside posted: The pilot should have just throttled back to 100 knots and let the F-16s try and match his speed. :)
...and the last one today:
don l posted: I can see the right wing headlines now: "SECRET SERVICE BLOCKS 40 LB MARIJUANA DELIVERY TO PRESIDENT OBAMA".
The story in its entirety...read here
No infringement intended.
I saw this story but didn't take time to read any of the comments, they are hilarious. I can picture Old School's scenario with Cheech & Chong, too funny.
ReplyDeleteI love your handsome Cardinal, great shots Anni!
G'day Judy.
DeleteLoved your themesong this week too.
http://annsnowchin.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/purple-cake-daykids-helping-kids-all.html
ReplyDeleteLoved your "It's a small world" post.
DeleteSuch a beautiful cardinal.
ReplyDeleteAren't they the most pretty of pretties?
DeleteThe cardinal shots were just lovely, but you are right - the comments after that story were just hilarious! People are really so clever, aren't they? I immediately thought of Cheech and Chong when I read it too...funny!
ReplyDeleteOh yes...those comments are the best part of reading the news. At least that's my opinion.
DeleteMale Cardinals!!! What could be a better photo op?!? Not-a-thing. I loves-me Cardinals.
ReplyDeleteLove how they look. Love how they *talk*. Love how they fly, with kind of graceful looping motion. Not just here-to-there, like the other birds. Nope. Not them. :-) They gracefully loop. Ever notice? :-)
Happy March!
"The snowdrops are out around the twenty-second." ~Gladys Taber
I too love to see a cardinal. Both male and female.
DeleteOh I love anything red especially the cardinal which is our state bird. What a peppy song mom is wiggling a little to much hope her chair is strong.
ReplyDeleteTalk about bring out the big guns they most certainly did on that drug raid!!
Hugs Madi and Mom
Hope you can catch her if she falls off the chair!! LOL
DeleteAnnie, somehow I think you are always walking on air! You take such awesome photos my friend!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwww, that's so sweet of you to say. By the way, I loved that Avon bottle you found.
DeleteCardinals are such pretty birds, I love looking out my kitchen window to a sea of red around the feeders. And they are plentiful here in Kentucky. Your trees are so pretty and green. Our trees have either no leaves at all or just a few scraggly ones.
ReplyDeleteYour Trash Talk story is so funny, but the comments are hilarious. I can just see this as a Cheech & Chong skit.
Ya, those articles and comments are most always quite funny and fun to read.
DeleteOh, you have just made my morning. I'm smiling from ear to ear. Probably a contact high! :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad to know that you smiled today.
DeleteOh how I wish we had cardinals around here but I guess we're too cold for them! lol The males are so gorgeous. Gosh, I hadn't heard that song in a long time!!
ReplyDeleteOmigosh, I'm still laughing here over the comments from that article. I can picture Cheech and Chong in such a situation! hehe You always make my morning dear Anni:-) xoxo
Ya, we didn't have them in Colorado either. But funny thing is, I don't think it has to do with 'cold and winter'....they were in Nebraska also, and we had some hellacious winters there!!
DeleteLove that song! That story is just too funny!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed it.
DeleteThose are all beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteWe have seen Cardinals around already also and they are so beautiful but I can never get them to sit long enough to photo shoot. LOL
Had a good laugh at the comments and great song.
Hugs
Hi Sharon...glad to see you stop by for a visit.
DeleteOh this story is too funny! Sounds like it was Cheech and Chong in that plane!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you got a chance to laugh.
DeleteThat last comment about the headline was the best of all! I for one would like to see THAT in print. BTW, the pictures of that cardinal were great. The Ohio state bird.
ReplyDeleteI kinda thought you would like it....thing is, I did too. What does that say about the two of us? LOLOLOL
Delete