

Click either button to Join

INDIAN POINT PARK -with the sun peeking from the storm clouds!!
- - -<><><>- - -
MORE ON MY WORDFUL WEDNESDAY THIS WEEK:
Today, I'm adding a bit more to my "Wordful Wednesday" post other than the photo of the day. Well, it's that time of year again...I had to add my favorite of all time commercials. I don't drink that much beer, but this commercial --from a couple of decades ago--- I would stop what I was doing...no matter WHAT I was doing, the very instant I heard the first bell; the first note. I swear, commercials don't bring tears to my eyes on any normal day, but this one...yes, this one did and still does!!! It's the nostalgia of the simpler times. Of strong family bonds and the real celebration of Christmases past. Besides, this house at the very end of the path is so near to a replica of my Grandmother's house!! Ohhhhhhhh, the good old days!! I love the commercial after all these years and make it a tradition to add it to my sidebar each year.
Anni, your photo is beautiful. The Indian Point Park looks like a great place for birding.
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful picture !
ReplyDeleteDo you know what happened to WW ? we reach the 1000 now, and I don't know who put up this page. Can't even leave a comment.
I love the sun, since I am living in a tropical country ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, have a great day!
Amiko
http://maipikucha.blogspot.com
I can't believe that ad was from 1981. It seems like just yesterday! It's so timeless they could play it today. I always liked it too; thanks for posting it!
ReplyDeleteGattina No, I have no idea what happened. That's life, I guess.
ReplyDeleteWonderful, little dramatic picture!
ReplyDeleteI like it!
Anni you were in the right place at the right time...perfect picture...boy that should be in a magazine!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday,
Madi and Mom
PS that I love the Bud and Miller Christmas commercials!!! Nothing quite a majestic as a prancing horse!!
ReplyDeleteMadi's Mom
What a lovely view, Anni...
ReplyDeleteI like the commercial also. Love your WW photo today, Happy WW
ReplyDeleteLovely water image and a beautiful sky!
ReplyDeleteVery lovely sunset photo! Perfect for a wordless photo!
ReplyDeleteHappy WW!
A marvelous sunset, Anni! Love your Christmas theme! :)
ReplyDeleteNice shot of the sun making an appearance - looks like early morning to me.
ReplyDeleteI don't normally associate Christmas season with beer (that's for October), but I can see why the commercial moves you so.
Happy WW!
~EdT.
Love the picture! Also the ad, but wish it was advertising something other than alcohol. I have a real hate relationship with anything alcoholic. But it is a great ad.
ReplyDeleteFor a moment.....I thought that was Alaska...
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/oh-snap-on-frosty-ha-ha-ha/
It looks beautiful Anni...Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteit is so lovely...
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely shot of a beautiful parc!
ReplyDeleteI really liked that commercial too.
ReplyDeleteIt always looked so cold but yet so cozy.
have a great day.
Hugs
I love the photo. Just lovely. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty scene, Anni, and your Miller Christmas is very nice though I wouldn't really want to live in all that snow!
ReplyDeleteThat golden glow in the middle is beautiful, Annie! Thanks for visiting my blog:)
ReplyDeleteYes, it's a wonderful time of year, full of beautiful old rituals and warm thoughts and warm feelings. I wish you a wonderful December and thank you for the gorgeous picture!
ReplyDeleteHugs from
isabella
Very lovely photo. I love the lighting!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot! Thanks for dropping by. Old tunes bring back nostalgia for me too.
ReplyDeleteI remember that commercial!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI also like your photo above. It's so cool when the sun just bursts through the clouds like that. Lovely.
Gina
i love how the sun is shining on me :)
ReplyDeletethanks for dropping by :)
Such a lovely shot, Anni! I lvoe the reflection of the sun on the water. Have a nice day always
ReplyDeleteLove the picture! I don't know that place, will have to look it up next time we visit your area.
ReplyDeleteGotta love those jingling bells and the soft sunset sky. Great.
ReplyDeletewhat a nice place! sorry for the late visit!
ReplyDeleteThat's a nice break in the storm. I wonder if it's coming or going! Hopefully, the weather has settled down in your parts. Thanks for stopping by at my WW. I'm a little late getting back to yours. Enjoy the day!
ReplyDelete