my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Have you SCENE it? ----


or

CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join!!

THURSDAY THUNKS meme is below my



Thursday Themesong...



Now, you didn't think I'd pick just ANY OL' song for being so close to Halloween did you? Of course it has to be a 'themesong' for the occasion...

- - -

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween



This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night



This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween


I am the one hiding under your bed
Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red
I am the one hiding under yours stairs
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween




View Song Video LINK
Theme Song, "Halloween Town" from Nightmare Before Christmas
Nearly 6 million viewers have viewed this since it's publishing on You Tube.

Photos: A long-time-standing and still operating drug store in town [yep, it still has a soda fountain too!] had this village on display...for Halloween!!! So, naturally, my nature and love for the season had me grabbing my ever-ready cellphone----and snapping away and turning GREEN wanting each piece in MY 'HALLOWEEN' home! LOL


- - -<><><>- - -


THURSDAY THUNKS

Today's questions are brought to you by the color purple, witches' brooms, the number 800-555-1000, and hootin' anni.

1] We all love snuggly things, right? In your own words, explain how the "X" and "O" became symbols for kisses and hugs! For me, the x is kinda like what you see around Valentine's day...the image of a heart when two kiss-------hence the x is two pairs of lips 'kissing'. Now the o for hugs...to me, would be that you have to get your arms around a certain person or object...hence the o is a hug.

2] Besides eliminating sticks, what would you put in a non-stick pan? Have you ever wondered how 'they' achieved having teflon adhere to the pan when it's non-stick? Okay, right now, I'd go for some eggs and sausage!!

3] x=y over pi squared. What are your thoughts on crematoriums having discounts on those that die in fires? Absolutely, even in the afterlife a bargain is a bargain!!

4] Tongue twisters are fun...but, it's torture to try to say lisp with that "s" in the word. What is your favorite tongue twister? Risque answers get extra credit! Not necessarily 'risque' [remember, I grew up with three older brothers!]....but perhaps rude or crude maybe?======
    Mrs Puggy Wuggy has a square cut punt.
    Not a punt cut square,
    Just a square cut punt.
    It's round in the stern and blunt in the front.
    Mrs Puggy Wuggy has a square cut punt.

5] Cold weather is coming up. If it's zero degrees Fahrenheit, and tomorrow night it's predicted to be twice as cold, what temperature will it be? As Bud would say..."Colder that a priest's penis". But that doesn't fit in these days now does it? They're not so cold afterall!!! So, if y'all go out in the cold, make sure you bring your nut-tens!!

6] Your significant other is upset with you, would you rather be skating on thin ice or be in hot water? Why? Hot water, I could take advantage of that situation simply by adding a bit of bubble bath to the scenery. Calgon take me away.

7] What's worse, expecting the unexpected or being a wise guy? I think 'wise guy'...only 'cause you'd be expecting the not so unexpected...correct?

8] What brand of vacuum cleaner sucks the best? Mine really sucks!!! I ride around on mine this time of year!!! More powerful than a locomotive!! Able to leap tall buildings!!

9] How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? Do you like playing with fire? Depends on the fire....makes me think of Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire".

10] Toys R us...what was your favorite toy? My souped up positraction 409...go granny go granny, GO!

11] Halloween is near...let's go grave robbing....what would you like to find? An emerald the size of my fist would be nice, but seriously, I hope to find DEAD people...not live ones.

12] Do you wake up or open your eyes first? I think I'm half awake before my eyes partially open...

13] What mask would you wear to a Halloween Party? Something scary. Sarah Palin? Actually, I'm gonna go 'cutesy' this year....you'll see.


- - -

Well, Wednesday the day was really stressful for me....a hacking cough and lack of sleep. I don't think I slept a good solid hour total on Tuesday evening. Perhaps 'cause I went to bed right after NCIS---too early. But I was drained. Wednesday I tried to nap, but sleep just wouldn't come to me. Bud cooked some chicken in the crock pot and made some chicken noodle soup from it. And, taking double doses of vitamin C, I hope this cold/flu goes away soon!!! Thanks for the well wishes. I'm gonna try again right now...to get some much needed sleep.

15 comments :

  1. Hope your cough is better I am still in Egypt until Sunday. Two weeks of sunshine and heat was good for my old bones,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get some sleep and get better real soon. That was so nice of Bud. I sent h the recipe via smoke signals. LOL. Love your theme song. I heard it for the first time Monday. Great choice and your photos are spectacular. This is my favorite one to date. :) Love your 8 and 10. Get better soon Lois Clampett. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of songs this week and the photos of the Halloween scenes are so cute.

    Hope you are feeling better soon, maybe the chicken soup and vitamin C will do the trick. You can't be sick for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Anni, you're scaring me! Wonderful post! Perfect for this season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song for the pics. I love Halloween. Can't wait to turn on my porch light. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure do hope that you are feeling better today. I know how you feel I have the same thing going on. Double up on Ester C!! Hubby is down with the flu and cold. Nasty stuff.
    Have a great day and get in a good nap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anni purrfect song and pictures.....
    How are you feeling? I hope by Halloween you are tip top because I know how much you enjoy it.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha- bargain is a bargain. You're a hoot!
    Sorry to see your scenery changing after this weekend ...


    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/i-love-hootin-anni-and-not-the-13-worst-beers-in-the-world/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon! Beautiful photos in this post..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, I'm so sorry you've been sick, Anni. I know how it feels. I've been sick for ages and one of my kid brothers (glad I didn't have older ones) said he found it really helped to quit coffee. QUIT? Coffee? Moi? I can't walk until I've had my third cup. So today is my third day with, ugh, green tea first thing in the ayem. Green tea is great with Chinese food. NOT good with breakfast cereal. Yes, I wake up before my eyes open, and I tell them not to open, let me sleep more.
    I love your pictures. I've never heard of the song, but I don't do scary movies because they, would you believe, scare me. Perfect song for this week!!
    Have to find a costume for our dog. She loved answering the door last year. Licking candy-sticky faces is fun for a friendly Golden Retriever.
    Get well soon. -- K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Halloween Town, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for Bud - that soup will be good for you! Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your cough...comrade...I've been coughing 3 weeks now and almost driving my Bud insane. Got a kick out of your XO explainin. Sarah Palin would be a scary costume. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I hope you're all better by now.
    What a Honey, to cook up some soup for you.
    I enjoyed these answers, they were a hoot.
    There is a couple of Disney movies with Halloween Town in them.
    Can't wait to see your outfit.
    At the conference, we were asked to dress in 1920s outfits the first night...I'll post mine as soon as I get a photo from someone...didn't take my camera.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.