my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


artsy - fartsy


CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join

Flash Fiction 55 below my....



SHOW N TELL

This past week, out of boredom, I began a new sketch on my watercolor tablet in hopes of painting her soon. Well, I started painting on it nearly as quickly as I finished the sketch. Of course, I won't have it completed for this Halloween 'cause it came to a stop because of the cold I caught, and there is a lot to be done and then detailing afterward, but it'll get done and then I have a whole year to get it matted and framed for NEXT season.......


day one


day two


day three




- - -<><><>- - -


FLASH FICTION 55
[a bit too human perhaps?]



T'other night, dining out; we ordered our dinners
Smothered in chili verdé
Bean burritos were brought to our table...
Afterward, to the convenience store
for a soda to ease my innards.
Made it home to relax in silence and peace...
when out of nowhere, my dear man o' mine--
let out a raucous, gaseous release!!!










- - -

* NOTE: COMIC STRIP USED WITH PERMISSION according to this written agreement . In part:

Use by a private individual, not for commercial gain, at one URL for a period of up to 1 year, where that URL is part of a blog, a personal page on a social networking website or a posting on a web forum. A blog is defined as a regularly updated weblog, updated at least weekly and presented in a "diary" format sorted by date. It may be hosted on the user's own web server, or through a third party blogging service such as Blogger.com.
CREDIT REQUIRED: YES
LICENSE FEE: XXXX [NONE]

Copyright in this image is owned by the original artist, rights to reproduce or use the image may be obtained from www.CartoonStock.com.

29 comments :

  1. Great sketch and funny story...so typical of our genteel partners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's his way of protecting you and he's keeping unwanted spirits at bay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! that sure is a lot of gas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie you artsy fartsy witch is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you caught a cold! But it doesn't seem to hinder your creativity in the least.

    The cartoon is a hoot - as is the poetry!

    Have a great week-end with all the hooligans at your door. I wonder how many we'll have - we haven't been home for T or T for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that situation so well! I think we could power a small town with my other half's productions. (He'd probably say the same about me though!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. its good going down but will bring tears to your eyes coming out...lol. and nice sketch.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian Tears were the LEAST of it!! Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. if only we could use those emissions to power the car for the ride home....

    ReplyDelete
  11. In some cultures it's a sign of contentment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anthony Then, Bud must be ONE contented man to be sure. The after-effects still linger. [kidding!]

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's those beans! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well done! You are a very talented lady...I've always wanted to try water color..have all the equipment and books on the subject but haven't tried it yet.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha! I love your sketch - hauntingly spooktacular! Thanks, for visiting my Friday 55 this week. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  16. now that was a fun 55 annie..smiles

    ReplyDelete
  17. The witch came out great! Well done, Anni.

    Ciao,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  18. That witch would look great carved on a pumpkin. (And she looks great as-is, too!)

    But your 55 stinks! (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha ha ha ha
    Beans, soda and hawt sauces, no good for dinner!!!!

    Funny and great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AND
    Oh I'd love to see that painting finished (can't wait) Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Flatulence can indeed be very spooky!
    Beautiful holiday blog Anni..
    Loved your 55 as well.
    Thanks for this little gem
    Thanks for playing and your great support, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, poor you. Sounds like he could use a dose for his innards too. Love your witch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the sketch.
    how funny about hubs relief, I know what you mean about TEARS!!!!:D
    have a great halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should be a Hallmark card poet - You are so amazing!!!
    Happy Halloween my dear friend!!
    Hugs L

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where's Beano when you need it? Great 55, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  26. There must be something in the air because not only my darling hubby but my little not so lady-like Boston Terrier has been gasing up a storm these last few nights! PHEWIE!!
    Here's to a Happy (gas-free) Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your artsy fartsy witch is pretty cool looking , love your 55er -- beans can do that and it is better up uphill over yonder then standing or lying next to you in bed, which is where I should be right now, for it is very late at night or very early in the morning, but the only time I have for commenting on the ff55er blogs. such is life.
    very creative ---

    joanny

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dear. Guys can be so visceral.

    ReplyDelete

.