my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



The Ghost and Mrs. Muir Hootin'....


CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join

SHOW N TELL



Normally, I don't stop at Garage Sales, but while out walking around the neighborhood, behind me in the newer subdivision, a family was having a garage sale in their front driveway and near the sidewalk was a table with ceramic dishes. Right in front of me was this adorable dish. She was asking 50 cents for it, but I had no money with me at the time. I asked her if she'd hold it back for me while I walk back home and come back...well, she gave it to me!!! Yep. Just said "Oh, you can have it. I know you'll take it and love it." Can't argue with that. I'll probably use it for a stove-top spoon holder. It's a nice long shape for long handled utensils that I use...well, when I cook in my cauldron of a night time. :::witch's cackle:::




- - -<><><>- - -

...and speaking of chefs using utensils...

my FLASH FICTION 55




It began around 6PM t'other night.
I prepared gallimaufry for dinner.
You're probably askin' "What'n tarnation is that?"
It's not gilly gaupus, nor grunter's gigg. Gingamabobs? Nope!
It isn't gobbledy-goop for sure!!
Gallimaufry was a prize; a winner!!
We done et it all 'n' felt contented. It's heart healthy...
almost guaranteed --low in saturated fat!

gallimaufry (n.)

17 comments :

  1. That is so cute! And a bargain at 50 cents, but even better as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like the pillsbury dough boy to me. LOL. Mmm I'll have a heapin' helpin' LOL. Great 55 WOOT the Rangers. Up Two baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ghost, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ghost's smile. I've never been very lucky with what I find at garage sales.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dare i ask what is in it? smiles. after g-mans possum eating last week, dont think you could surprise me...smiles. nice 55

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet of her, and that is so cute :) Glad you got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Anni what a great find while you were on your walkabout!!!

    We love your FF 55 today!!!

    You are a silver tongued fox!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. is there a recipe for that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little ghosts are just adorable. What a cute Halloween decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great find and the price can't be beat.
    I love garage sales.!!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet they gobbled it up like goulash.

    Fun 55, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my older age I have been willing to eat things I would never touch as a kid. But this....??? not sure. Again - what is it????

    :)
    My 55 is up.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni, that is so adorable. Ain't nuttin like free!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayer Girl It was just a play on an odd word I found online...the word 'gallimaufry'...it means anything you wanna mix together. I actually DIDN'T cook it. Afterall, this is supposed to be 'fiction'. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice of her to just give it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I'm late Anni...
    You always have the prettiest Blog on the Net!
    I'm waitin fer the recipe'...
    Loved your 55, Love the Orange.
    Love you coming back to Friday...Thanks
    Have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete

.