my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Love Potion!!! Sing along---


and

click either button to join

Thursday Thunks below my theme song



[click button to listen to song]


Thursday ThemeSong

I took my troubles down to Madame Ruth
You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth


She's got a pad down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
Sellin' little bottles of Love Potion Number Nine


I told her that I was a flop with chicks
I've been this way since 1956


She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign

She said "What you need is Love Potion Number Nine"

She bent down and turned around and gave me a wink
She said "I'm gonna make it up right here in the sink"

It smelled like turpentine, it looked like Indian ink
I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a drink

I didn't know if it was day or night
I started kissin' everything in sight
But when I kissed a cop down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine

He broke my little bottle of Love Potion Number Nine



LOVE POTION #9 Lyrics


photos: Gypsy is my sister in her Halloween Costume recently [shhhh!! Don't tell her I scanned it and put it on my blog!] "Love Potion #9" is actually a "Witches Brew" bottle from my Halloween Collection that I colored in and added love potion and cat...Me at the ripe old age...1956!---the part about it being flop with chicks...my mom didn't know much about HAIR for chicks, did she? Guess I shoulda added to the lyrics....chick's styles or something. LOL My palm....and bathroom sink with 'indian ink' water added from my PSP computer software. And, do you know how difficult it was to find a cop car? Usually when we're out and about, I see dozens of 'em!!!! Not this time, when I wanted a photo!!! Finally tho, the city's finest...NOT! Also, with the computer software, I cut the bottle and 'broke it to pieces'.


- - -<><><>- - -

THURSDAY THUNKS




1. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who were you meeting and why? First off, I must say that is the cutest, darnedest, and sweetest graphic... of the little one sneakin' out... y'all found and used on the Thunks' hub blog. Loved it. Okay, now, on with the show....I remember once I sneaked out after everyone else had gone to bed. I actually thought I was being very quiet. BUT!!! When I returned home around 2 a.m., my father was sitting in the dark...and smacked me good. I was put in solitary confinement [grounded!] for a month. Oh and the reason it all happened that way was 'cause I told my parents I wasn't going anywhere that night.

2. Tell us about the last time that you got your heart broken. Extra points if you publish their naked photo. Between thee and me...someone told me to #@!! off.

3. Tell us about someone you know named Bob. (Yes, we know this is a stupid question. Stupid is what we do best.) Actually, my first ever sweetheart was BOB!!! In fourth grade. I still have a couple of the gifts he gave me way back when!! And then, the star quarterback in high school was a different Bob...and I dated him. I used to sing "I wanna be Bobby's girl" all the time 'til my youngest older brother made fun of it.

4. We just found the perfect retail space. We are giving you the store. What’s its name and what do you sell? Probably my art work, my crafts and crocheted goods and I'd call it ....what else? But, Hootin' Anni's!

5. Tell us about your last “friend with benefits". Someone just shipped me so many goodies in the mail....Wasabe Peas, dried Mangoes and coffee from a Hawai'ian plantation. All so very yummy!! Y'know who you are!!! And I thank you from the bottom of my heart too... I know it's not the 'benefits' that is implied in this question...but that's it. I consider friendship a benefit, actually. Period.

6. Kimber worries a lot. What was the last this[thing] that you worried about? A court date about a lawsuit I was dealing with...but it was settled out of court, I was the victor.

7. Do you believe “once a cheater, always a cheater”? Most definitely!

8. Tell us about moving out of your parent’s home. Who did you move in with? Ummmmmmmmm, about 6 months of college, and then marriage...so I moved out of mom and dad's and then moved in with my hubby of 41+ years.

9. What was your most recent regret? I'm not sure I regret anything. If I do, I can't think of anything.

10. Berleen recently ranted on face book about having to got to parent-teacher conferences when your child has great grades. What was the stupidest meeting that you most recently endured? Here again, I can't think of anything.

11. Do you collect anything? Ohhhhhhhhh, too funny. Do I collect anything? Look around, I love Halloween witches and Santas...between the two of those, probably close to 300 by now. And Easter egg cups is a new fetish. But what I collect most is fat cells!!!

12. Tell us about a time when your heart was broken. A loss of loved ones...several times over in my life.

13. Is there something that you’d like to complete before the end of 2010? This is the end of the meme for the week, right? I'm gonna complete this come hell or high water before 2010 [That's actually 8:10 PM!!!! -military time]


- - -

GO RANGERS!!!


24 comments :

  1. You did great with that song! You found just the right shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love your love potion #9. It's fantastic and the photos so go with it. I love the gypsy and1956 photo. Awesome my friend. Had a hard time with Thunks huh? LOL Thats okay RNgers won. WOOT. You know I actually have to go for Philly. I mean Shane Victorino plays for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Thom, I'll be rooting for the Yankees if they win the League championship---but for now, afterall I'm Texan by choice, I need to root for the Rangers. But if it comes to Rangers vs. Yankees....it'll be Yankees.

    I'll root for Phillies up and to the World Series if that will be the way it goes. LOL You know me and Jeter 'the cheater'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. As I mentioned before, we had no radio, so we listened to parts of it as the songs were blared from my neighbor's radio.

    So I only knew love potion no. 9

    When you grow up in Borneo, Potions especially hate ones are very real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anni I loved this song and will be humming it all day long. LOL

    1.Sneaking out:I was too afraid of my Dad to sneak out...NEVER DID IT!!!
    2.Heartbreak:My senior year in high school...
    3.Bob: a professor...his students called him Cap'n Nemo behind his back.
    7. Cheater: yes it is inbred and will never change
    8.Moving out of my parents: I went to a local college so I moved out on February 14, 1970...my wedding day
    11. I collect anything with cats or hummingbirds on it.
    Great questions,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song! Perfect for the season. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great song, one of my favorites! #11, sounds interesting. If I had the time, space, and money I'd probably collect those baby tea sets. Some of the ones I've seen are so pretty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture of your sis as a Gypsy! In fact, I generally love all your original photography. Great job on TT. Can't wait to go to that Hootin' Anni's store...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun song!! AND fun post, as always.
    Love your Halloween look. Went to the store to get some Halloween decorations and I found...Xmas ones!! only one little corner for Halloween, tsk, tsk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you ever wonder what happened to your Bobby?

    Glad to hear you were the victor!


    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/hey-reeses-cup-36-cal-doesnt-mean-you-can-eat-two/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that song! Memories with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always this was a great post to read.
    I do the fat cells best also.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the song lyrics and photos. Very well done. Happy thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that song - so does my grandson - good one for Halloween! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni -- I always got a giggle out of Love Potion #9. Thanks for today's giggle.

    Funny you should have mentioned Thom's problem with Junneth's blog. I was able to type in her comment box today (I often can't) but I couldn't type in the verification word box. I did enjoy her coconut nut song. I've never heard it before.

    Kay, Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm with you collecting those fat cells!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great song! I remember singing this with a boy and girl I grew up with (fraternal twins). They were four years older than me and I had a crush on him.
    Super pics and I LOVE that bottle!
    Thanks for music memories!

    I had great fun joining with super response from other participants. Don't know why I didn't join earlier. :)
    I'll be away a couple of weeks but I'm definitely coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Next time I have love troubles I'll take them to Madame Ruth :) The cops here will either like the kisses or arrest me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I was kid, I was absolutely fascinated by that song! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I total forgot about the song love postion # 9 thanks for the memories.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Halloween layout! How awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a clever post. The pictures are ingenious. Yeah Anni. You just "gotta" get up and dance with this one.
    Manzanita

    ReplyDelete

.