“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Tuesday, March 24th, 2009
5:17 A.M.

Join Here

COMMON

A lot of bloggers have tags/memes/and love of movies in 'common' with one another. I thought I'd 'kill two keyboards with one post' today and do a meme tag within a meme. Using all three mentioned above as a 'common' denominator.



I found this from Ben's Blog ...way back in May 2008, [it's been in a 'draft' for I don't know how long and never completed with my personal answers] and am going to post it, finally. Hey, so I'm slow getting 'round to it. Here are Ben's Answers if you'd like to read his....click here

Movie Meme


1. One movie that made you laugh:
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world.

2. One movie that made you cry:
So many...one I think of right off is Phantom of the Opera...on the rooftop scene and the rose in the snow. ---"You will curse the day you did not do all that the Phantom asked of you...!"
Video


3. One movie you loved when you were a child:
Ben Hur...hey, it was the 1st one I went to see by myself!...it has a special place in my heart. I consider that being a youngster/teen I WAS a child then. At least compared to now. And I'll confess, I never went to see any animated children's movies until I had children of my own.

4. One movie you’ve seen more than once:
Oh golly....tons of 'em. But I'm thinking Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid I've seen most. I can mouth the words and put the music prompt in...by heart!! 2nd in the running would be National Treasure...I love both.

5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it:
Tombstone. Val Kilmer made me fall in head over heals for Doc Holliday.

6. One movie you hated:
The Verdict, with Paul Newman. I walked out of the theater. The foul language made my gut ache. [I finally did watch it all the way through when it was edited for TV. LOL...still it wasn't that good a movie]

7. One movie that scared you:
JAWS? Nah, not really. Nothing much scares me at my age. In fact, I enjoyed it immensely.

8. One movie that bored you:
Tropic Thunder....we watched it on video, partly...got so bored with it only after about 20 minutes and we soon ejected it and tossed it in the 'trade' movie basket where we take them in and trade them for $ $!

9. One movie that made you happy:
Finding Nemo..DORY was so sweet!...she just made me giggle a lot.

10. One movie that made you miserable:
An old one, but still it comes to mind often...Killing Fields...it made me miserable because of the story line and drastic, truthful, documentary styling...but don't get me wrong, I really LIKED the movie ---yet, it ended superbly.

11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see:
None that I can think of...I'm choosy when it comes to picking movies to view. Scary ones don't scare me, sad ones make me sad but still I'll view 'em if I want to. It doesn't take bravery to see a movie ...as they're fiction.

12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with:
Shifu...the character...master Kung Fu Panda...the red panda; ancient one...voiced over by Dustin Hoffman

13. The last movie you saw:
At the theater? I think it was Coraline [I don't go out for movies much anymore, like we used to on every Friday's new released flick..there just aren't that many good ones for my age bracket any more] The last one I watched with DVD is Changeling with Angelina Jolie

14. The next movie you hope to see:

There are a couple I am looking forward to seeing on the big screen....Public Enemies [John Dillinger - Johnny Depp & Christian Bale] on July 1st, and in May of this year...Terminator Salvation starring Christian Bale also. And a Tim Burton movie, "9", tentative release in September of this year....9/909

And, no, never fear....I am not tagging anyone. Just getting the draft published.


- - -

Oh, and one more "common"...if you've visited recently you know that my sister and I celebrate Sister's Day on the 18th of March every year. And that she sent me a Sister's Day gift...well, it was delivered to our door on the 18th...and it was planted in our yard. The other day, I shared some flower blossoms in our yard and this was one of them:
Guess what? Yesterday morning when I went out to unlock the gate to our yard so we could do some more yard work...the plant has FOUR trunks...and I'm now thinking that each trunk will have different colored blossoms?!! All four trunks are grafted into one 'common' tree? This is the colored blossom on one of the branches yesterday...

One red flower last week, this week, it's peach colored. Oh I can't wait 'til the plant blooms more heavily when it gets rooted in the soil!!! What are the other two, of the one common plant, going to have? Stay tuned.....

21 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful plant sweetie. I enjoyed your meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meme brought back memories with those movies. Loved them! The hubby and I watched Twilight this weekend. I enjoyed it. But of course I read all the books first. lol

    Gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - Beautiful flowers

    I loved the movie meme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are gorgeous - and what fun to have surprises in store!

    I'm not a movie buff and have seen few that you mentioned - but well done meme, as usual.

    It's windy here today - snow north and west, but nary a drop of any moisture here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Easter header!

    "Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"

    "Who ARE those guys?"

    "The jump will probably kill you!"

    I LOVE Butch and Sundance and know most of the lines, too. Same with Jaws. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHOOT! I was hoping for a new meme! LOL! I have done this one before... it is HARD for me to find new ones that I haven't done. You held on to this one for THAT long! This is the perfect meme for you O' Queen of Movies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni,

    Great post. The movies you described are all terrific but where is GWTW? ;-)

    That plant is awesome. Your sister did a superb job picking that one for you. Like you, I can't wait to see what color flowers the other stalks produce.

    Take care and have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen most of your movies. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't see that movie starring Paul Newman. Usually anything he stars in is good. I enjoyed reading about the other movies, and your flowers are very pretty. A sweet gift from your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a lovewr of films from the 40s and 50s. Can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That should be 'lover'. Haven't a clue what lovewr is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so interesting about the movies. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. for real???? each trunk a different colour????? well, i'm gobsmacked!

    ha, and no tag on that movie meme... i can't remember the last movies i watch, nor the names, nor the end come to think of it, heee heee heee. consider me a BAAAAAAD movie watcher....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - about that plant...Wow. Movies. I don't really see very many any more but The Changeling is on my list of 'to sees'. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty flowers , I'm so in to flowers .
    Thanks for stoping in .
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello dear Anni:-)

    Yup, it's finally me! lol Yesterday I was so busy doing laundry, going to buy groceries, going to see my mom, etc, I didn't have a chance to visit and start getting caught up with everyone. I just LOVE your bunny decor on here, so gorgeous!!

    I've missed so many of your wonderful posts but I promise, I will read them all after I comment on this one:-) Loved seeing your answers to the movie questions...would you believe I've never seen Phantom of the Opera? I know there have been various remakes of it but I haven't seen any of them. Tsk tsk, shame on me, I know! lol It always amazes me how some movies can affect us so much...the two movies I walked out of were "Network" and "Nashville", I thought they were soooo boring.

    Ok, now I'll read your other posts:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I'm so with you with the Phantom of the Opera there.... I've seldom watched such a special movie!!!

    Thx for dropping in checking up on me. I've been so busy with all sorts of things = not so much blogging as before.

    Love you bloglayout, as usual you do a great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful meme post. I'm not that big a movie fan. I watch on occassion, but not nearly like you. Most movies I watch and dimiss. I don't think I could answer all those --

    The flowering plant is very unique. I understand your curiosity about what other colors will bloom -- and I'm glad you will share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome post - though I must say, Ben Hur is probably the LAST movie I would have expected in that spot. Too funny. As a Newman fan I bet you would like our Monday Movie Meme post this week...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for visiting my HOTs today... I appreciate the prayers and thank you for sharing about your SIL. Praying that things are okay for her and her family...

    Loved the trip down 'movie/memory' lane.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved this post ... this brought back some great memories!

    If'n you don't mind, I'm going to print this to "play" with the gals in my club at our next luncheon.

    What's that saying, 'plagerism' is the sincerest form of flattery? (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

.