my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




12:12 AM



"I'm a water sign. My hubby's an earth sign.
Together we make mud."


<><><>




<><><>

5:30AM

Y'all know by now I love Halloween! And I love witches! --Look around. I collect them for the season. And boy howdy are they gettin' better and better each year. But....

The other day I was thinking! Oh ya, that's dangerous when I think, believe me!! Anyway, I thought...y'know? You never see witch scarecrows!! And I love scarecrows for Autumn...but I don't think they're 'spooky' enough for the day actually-Halloween, that is. So, why not make one!?!! I drove down the road a piece, and went into the cheap stores. Ya, the Dollar Stores. This one that's closest to my area is DOLLAR GENERAL. They had scarecrows [the cute, country style kind with bib overalls and straw hats kind]. But I went a couple steps further. I bought the scarecrow [they're the large ones for yards...with a bamboo stake]. But I went around the corner of the aisle and bought a witch costume in the children's section of costumes, and then walked a bit further and found a 'matching' witch hat! I then packed 'em all in the car [it wouldn't fit in the trunk with the bamboo stake, so I had to put it in the back seat] and drove home.

Well, I had some purple felt in my craft leftover supplies from other projects and I got that out with some thread and needle and got busy. The scarecrow had 'denim' looking legs....so I took the felt piece and cut it in two, length-wise. Took needle and thread in hand and loosely stitched the felt around the leg -up to the knee [for purple leggins on the witch]. Then, to cover the bib part and the plaid shirt, I 'dressed' the scarecrow in the child's witch costume. I found a scarf in my dresser drawer that had purple and tied it around its neck to cover the 'man's bow tie'. Put on the witch hat [I left the original hat on the gunney sack head...for the dual purpose for Autumn decor--just covered it with the witch hat], and voilà!! A Witch Scarecrow to go with my collection. [And neat part is, I can take the costume off and leggins and use it for Fall decor afterward.]

All this cost $6 for scarecrow, $5 for witch costume $3 for the witch hat!! [felt at a craft shop is 3 for a dollar] All this for under $15.00!!! And it has double use! I can take off the costume and snip off the leggins and have an Autumn scarecrow through November!!!

Here's the result....




<><><>

7:45 AM
Sittin' here on my toochie, doin' nothing and mighty bored not being able to do much yet while recovering, I decided to blog-hop for some Wordless Wednesday. THIS ONE IS A HOOT

entitled: "Another Chinese Toy Recall"

Don't miss it.

42 comments :

  1. * * *This is a Peruvian Daffodil! And it's blooming NOW!! It's supposed to bloom in the Spring. Guess it's because of all the rains we had for the summer and the cooler nights? *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hootin'
    It's looking great around here.
    How do you do it?
    Waving at you from New York,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that daffodil is AMAZING! What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a neat daffodil!! I like that!! It rained here today, too!!
    I hope you are feeling better..... Please don't overdo!! Love and Hugs,Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a daffodil that ever looked like that ever!! It sure is pretty!! It must just be a tad bit mixed up!! I just posted my WW because tomorrow is going to be a very quick day here so better get a little ahead...Hope you are feeling okay!! Take care and rest!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hootin Anni, You always have such amazing things on your blog.I have never seen a Peruvian daffodil., very nice....Hope you are resting well ..
    Baba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Hootin' Anni! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I see you added me to your list! Woohoo! I've been so busy I couldn't even lurk, and look what I find when things calm down--you've had an ablation, and your blog site metamorphosed (sp?) into my dream blog! Maybe I'll have enough computer/blogging experience under my belt by next Halloween to emulate yours, but for now I'll just have to put plastic over the keyboard to protect it from the drool! You rock, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful Daffodil! :)Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I could call a witch wonderful, but your work is !!
    You really start to influence me ! In Belgium Halloween is not known so much, but here where I live yes, because there are so many Americans living in Waterloo. Each year you see a little more decoration in the shops. But I have never seen a home decorated with Halloween stuff, except my own because I love to take over uses from other countries when I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful...yet slightly "spiderish-looking" flower! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAY!!

    Neat witch-and a very clever idea you had!!

    I have a life size doll which I should buy a child's witch costume for and use her to help decorate around here!!
    (if only I can get myself moving!!)


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flower and I love your witch collection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flowers have minds of their own, I say! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... I love your homemade witch...She is too cute..Thanks for your visit and I love your comment "Aflac"..This fits my picture . Baba

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's interesting. Beautiful flower. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wormless Wednesday indeed, you really are too much...rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the most beautiful and unusual flower. I've never seen anything quite like it! And thanks for stopping by!

    Mycrazylife

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never seen one of those daffodils before - it is a beauty! Love Miss Witchy too - she's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the flower looks familiar ... thanks for the info!
    cool witch you made there!

    happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  20. that's a beautiful flower!
    thanks for visiting!
    happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful how the daffodil is catching the sun's ray... awesome photo! :)

    P.S. Glad to hear you're ok after your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is one beautiful shot! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never seen this kind of flower. Thanks for sharing a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I was going to ask what kind of flower that was, but you anticipated that question didn't you?

    Just lovely. I don't think I've ever seen one of those before.

    Great shot. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what an amazing shot!! Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your pretty flower! Your witch scarecrow AND the ww you mentioned, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  27. great flower & great witch too! it's very nearly hallowe'en...

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is a most unusual-looking flower... very beautiful, though!

    My WW this week is "A Road Less Traveled." Thanks for visiting and for your very kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic flower, would love to get a shot like that!

    I love your site btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is a great flower! I have some irises that are blooming right now. They aren't any sort of special variety that are supposed to be blooming - I am not sure what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great place you have! Thank you for stopping by my place! Oh and I love daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are scaring me - where on this planet can I escape safely? LOL.

    Great stuff presented here

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cool witch...I love her. You are very crafty.

    and you got me giggling over the Mud. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  34. For some reason I want to shout

    "Run! Triffid!"

    But I'll stay calm ;-)

    Great shot

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the pic & love the festivities around here, well done x x x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Hootin'. Thank for the link!
    I love your witchy design.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love love love that flower!!!

    And you and your husband make mud - that's too funny. I wonder what I make with my hubby. I'm and Aquarious and he's a Leo, but just barely.

    Love your Witch!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's a gorgeous Peruvian Daffodil that obviously thrives with mud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great flower, you are lucky you can grow those. They have to be taken inside around here.

    You certainly are getting into the spirit of the upcoming 'holiday'.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice pic. Nice to find another Halloween fan on the web. So far its been 2 trips to the storage unit to bring back decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful flower! But Anni: your witchy scarecrow ain't scary! She's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Well, came back, and there was more to the post! lol

    Did you see the mummy in the background of one of my webshot photos on the 45 days to halloween post? That's a scarecrow with the stake for the ground. Every year he starts out the autumn as a scarecrow, but for Halloween, he gets dressed up. One year he sported a wizard mask and hat, complete with moon-and-star-studded cape. The day after Halloween, he is de-costumed, but left in place--as if the character seem in the dark was never there.
    Not sure how many more seasons he will see, though!

    ReplyDelete

.