* * *NOTE: Wordless Wednesday photos --comparing the size of the shutters at 3" wide (7.62 centimeters)!!
This, we spied on our dining room window's hurricane shutter!! It's a Texas Bush Katydid. [they say everything in Texas is BIGGER! ---this was huge. I've never seen one so big.] THEIR SOUND *the sawing-like effect (wav sound is large)
Oh Anni how I love your new Halloween look!! You always amaze me with your wonderful creativity:-) I've never heard of a Texas Bush Katydid and all I can say is that I'm soooo glad we don't get those here! lol I so detest insects...UGH! I know I'm bigger than they are but I still don't like them!!! lol xoxo
how cute a (big) grasshopper, lol ! Once one like that hopped on my cat Arthurs chest you should have seen his eyes and he couldn't get rid of it. What a laughter we had.
They sure do make Katydid's bigger in Texas!! I have never seen one so big!! Great shot....
Kelly posted pictures of me on her blog! They are pictures of when I was young... she has been doing posts about my brothers and sister and having so much fun doing it.... I have enjoyed her efforts!! Love and Hugs
* * *NOTE: Wordless Wednesday photos --comparing the size of the shutters at 3" wide (7.62 centimeters)!!
ReplyDeleteThis, we spied on our dining room window's hurricane shutter!! It's a Texas Bush Katydid. [they say everything in Texas is BIGGER! ---this was huge. I've never seen one so big.]
THEIR SOUND
*the sawing-like effect (wav sound is large)
wow, that's one huge insect! :)
ReplyDeletehappy WW
wow, beautiful. For a minute I thought it was a praying mantis. Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteLove the new look here!
ReplyDeleteThat Katydid would not last 30 seconds in my house. Rhett and Katie don't would have it gobble up..lol
He looks ginormous! Scary too! Happy WW :)
ReplyDeletegreat series of capture!
ReplyDeletelove your theme in season too!
Oh Anni how I love your new Halloween look!! You always amaze me with your wonderful creativity:-) I've never heard of a Texas Bush Katydid and all I can say is that I'm soooo glad we don't get those here! lol I so detest insects...UGH! I know I'm bigger than they are but I still don't like them!!! lol xoxo
ReplyDeleteDefinitely bigger than any I have seen...love the shadows in the photos...very nice.
ReplyDeletePleased we don't have critters that big or huricanes. Love the spooky theme going on here x x x
ReplyDeleteYep that's huge. Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteThat is cool
ReplyDeleteHappy WW
Wow! I'm a wussy and would've been scared of that thing.
ReplyDeleteI am guessing this sound is done with their legs? Wow, he's big and noisy. Great WW contribution. Have a great day. :)
ReplyDeleteI was looking at the huge bug and all of a sudden the witches voice came on and scared me.LOL... Baba
ReplyDeleteThat thing is big enough to be served an eviction notice.
ReplyDeleteA few days ago I saw a leaf bug on a car's tire.
ReplyDeleteLori
please let us know when you can after your surgery Friday...Sandy
ReplyDeleteLOVE your witch sidegraphic!! You are too hip!! And that shot - HOLY COW! I would have been a bit scared!
ReplyDeleteI'm scared of any kind of insects, no matter what the size it. ;P
ReplyDeleteThat was a great shot!
You've a got a very lovely page design, btw! So COOL.
Happy WW.
Who slew the bad roach? Kady did. (Or some such inane joke.) Cool photo. I love the sidebar, too!
ReplyDeleteThis must be the sequel to the book `What Katy Did Next!'
ReplyDeleteLove your work. Love your blog title, too - as I always tell you!
how cute a (big) grasshopper, lol ! Once one like that hopped on my cat Arthurs chest you should have seen his eyes and he couldn't get rid of it. What a laughter we had.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Such great shots here! And love your blog new theme:)
ReplyDeleteMine is up!
Wow, that is really huge! Glad I wasn't there!
ReplyDeleteMmmm That looks tasty. We like grasshoppers but we've never seen one that big before.
ReplyDeleteGreat pic you got here... Have a nice WW...
ReplyDeletehttp://wilstop.info/2007/09/25/wordless-wednesday-3/
come on in? we could use more praers
ReplyDeleteLove the Halloween look! And creepy WW photos ... :)
ReplyDeleteHe looks like he is ready to stand up on two feet and do a dance.
ReplyDeleteGreat job.
Take care,
Connie
Wow, it sure is big! And the sound, very special too!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your Halloween styled bloglayout :-)
Lifecruiser news:
We've some Halloween themed events at the cyber cruise this month, including a Halloween Ball the 31th of October.
Make sure to check the schedule!
That's a big bug!!! You captured it beautifully.
ReplyDeleteThat is one big insect! Nice shots. Happy WW
ReplyDeleteOh my God....that's one big bug! I don't know whether or not I'd be awe inspired, or terrified :) Happy WW
ReplyDeleteThey sure do make Katydid's bigger in Texas!! I have never seen one so big!! Great shot....
ReplyDeleteKelly posted pictures of me on her blog! They are pictures of when I was young... she has been doing posts about my brothers and sister and having so much fun doing it.... I have enjoyed her efforts!! Love and Hugs
I can remember the katydids all summer when I was little in Houston. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
ReplyDeleteOH boy! I thought it was a praying mantis at first until I looked at the large photo. That is a huge bug! I'm glad it didn't get inside!!
ReplyDelete