my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out







10 Things You've Been Putting Off

1) I have this one section in the corner of our yard that really needs attention! There is grass and weeds higher than the flowers in the 'garden'. But, my excuse this summer has been...."It's too wet now with all the rains" or "There are two huge ant piles there, I'm gonna wait 'til they go underground for the winter" or "It's way too hot on that side of the yard".

2) Dusting furniture --at least when I check the amount by the reaction of wiping my finger through the particles, I DON'T WRITE THE DATE in the dust! Think I'm crazy?

3) Ironing. Nope, wait....I DON'T IRON!! [if the perma-press clothes are forgotten and get covered with wrinkles in the dryer---I re-wash them, and run them through the dryer the 2nd time.] Seriously.

4) Washing the patio doors. Outside and inside. From the outside the glass is spotted with the rain splatters. From the inside, it's cat boogers!! Both kitties sit at the patio doors and snot up the glass, with their noses pressed against it...why they do that knowing that eventually they won't be able to see out, is beyond me. Can't win there, unless they learn to move their stepping stool around so they can sit higher up the glass and snot up that area, before I get around to washing them. <--the windows, not the cats.

5) Okay, washing the cats!! I ran out of disinfectant for my scratches accumulated when bath time comes around.

6) Calling a tree surgeon. This bigg-o tree in the front yard has branches hanging over the roof tiling. Dire need of a trim!!

7) Painting our extra bedroom. I put it off and continue to put it off until I'm giving 'the go ahead' after my heart procedure is done this week, and I heal.

8) Scanning and sending an article from our newspaper to our daughter...it's about a boy who saved the lives of his neighbors. This particular article about the boy, the boy has Down Syndrome. Our daughter's oldest has Down's. [actually I am not putting it off...I keep forgetting scan it.]

9) Getting the car inspected for the safety sticker! [it expires this month]

10) Getting the summer clothes ready to 'put away' and the warmer, heavier clothes up in front of the closet for days ahead. [I always end up cleaning the closet that way...some go to charity] *making mental note* to do this, soon!! I most enjoy shorts and summer clothes, but I also enjoy dressing with different clothes; different seasons.


Next Week: 10 Television Shows You'd Like to Have (or Have already) on DVD

<><><>

A man boarded an aircraft at Heathrow and took his seat, as he settled in, he noticed a very beautiful woman boarding the plane. He realised she was heading straight towards his seat and bingo! She took the seat right beside him.
Eager to strike up a conversation, he blurted out, "business trip or vacation?" She turned, smiled enchantingly and said "Business. I'm going to the annual nymphomaniac convention in the United States".
He swallowed hard, here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen sitting next to him, and she was going to a meeting for nymphomaniacs! Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked, "What's your business role at this convention?"
"Lecturer," she responded. "I use my experience to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality."
"Really", he smiled, "what myths are those?"
"Well", she explained, "one popular myth is that African American men are the most well endowed when, in fact, it's the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait. Another popular myth is that French men are the best lovers, when actually it is the men of Greek descent. We have also found that the best potential lovers in all categories are the Irish." Suddenly, the woman became uncomfortable and blushed. "I'm sorry," she said, "I really shouldn't be discussing this with you, I don't even know your name."
"Tonto," the man said... "Tonto Papadopoulos, but my friends call me Paddy."

<>

Two little kids, aged six and eight, decide it's time to learn how to swear. So the eight year old says to the six year old, "Okay, you say 'ass' and I'll say 'hell.'" All excited about their plan, they troop downstairs, where their mother asks them what they'd like for breakfast. "Aw, hell," says the eight year old, "gimme some Cheerios." His mother backhands him off the stool, sending him bawling out of the room, and turns to the younger brother. "What'll you have?" "I dunno," quivers the six year old, but you can bet year ass it ain't gonna be Cheerios."

<><><>

12 comments :

  1. ...testing to make sound effect work properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog graphics! Some of your reasons for putting things off sound like things I would say! I am very good at justifying things! Good luck with your procedure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of big items on your list. I can see why you'd be putting them off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look!!

    Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi--I saw your "ewwww..." comment and had to look. You are so dang creative! I love the Halloween look! and yes, #7 would be kind of an "ewww...." especially after a heart procedure. Are you alright? I hope it's simple and complete without any complications.

    Best witches,
    Cmaine (emandsar@blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great graphics. you are so clever.

    I'll keep you in my prayers this Friday. Good luck with your "procedure"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the appearance of your blog.....so festive!

    Good luck with your procedure Friday? If you don't mind my asking, what are they going to do? I have had angioplasty, several heart caths and quadruple bbypass surgery and a stent placement........none are fun to go through. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Boo!! You are ready for sure!!
    Our silding doors are in the same shape as yours!! We have a three years old cat and a kitty!

    I will be remembering you in prayer when you have your heart procedure..... love and hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I love that sound effect and is that a Norwegian kitchen witch? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, so I am not the only person who puts things off! I have good excuses, really!

    Thanks for visiting my blog Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your blog looks now! Cool holiday look! I wish you the best during your procedure, hope all goes well and be waiting to hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your procedure goes well and you are up and feeling great soon! How serious is this??

    When you feel up to it, pop on over and help spread some love. Look for the blog with that heading if you need to wait a while.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

.