
It was a quiet morning. I got my work around the house done, and decided to take a walk. I drove to an unpopulated area, walked along the bay side of the water for a while...watching the sky for threats of a storm. After a short walk, I thought I'd better turn around and head back to the car before I got soaked! It began sprinkling lightly on my shoulders and I picked up my step. By the time I got back to where I parked the car, I was pretty wet, the winds picked up and the clouds burst open! I dried myself off with a towel I carry along in the car, and when I was finished, the buckets of water was falling at a torrent speed. I couldn't focus on the road, so I sat in the car. Played a game of scrabble on my phone, hoping by the time I won, the storm would subside enough for driving safely. It then, dawned on me...the car was parked on the road's shoulder, I just may get stuck!!! Stopped playing foolishly, I drove toward the dead end, so I could make a U Turn safely; hoping there were no vehicles in my path [I could barely see beyond the car's dashboard...couldn't see the front of my car at all]. I got turned around, couldn't see the lane markers, creeping along. I wasn't able to see the traffic lights until I was just feet away. Eventually, I was forced to pull over at a park and sit it out! I texted Bud and told him it would be a while before I could safely take off again. Several cars were keeping me company; all waiting for the storm to subside!!!!



It finally rained, but not nearly enough to break the drought.
Rain is good but I don't like it when it comes down that fast. Especially when I'm out driving. Pulling over was a good idea.
ReplyDelete...more a necessity!
DeleteThat was some rain! I'm glad you're safe!
ReplyDeleteMuch needed tho!
DeleteAt least you did get a good walk in before the skies opened up! Cool photos! Hope you get some more rain to help the drought, but maybe not so much at once.
ReplyDeleteExactly ...no flooding.
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteIt is a good idea to keep a towel in your car. I am glad you pulled over to wait out the storm. Take care, enjoy your day!
The towel came in handy
DeleteAnni, what you described about the severity of the storm and being in your car is exactly what happened to me several times when I lived in Florida. And I remember someone telling me to "Don't ever pull over to the shoulder of the road because you might get stuck!" I did it maybe once or twice, but never again. Whenever it would storm (particularly during the summer months), I would just keep driving (very slowly), but moving forward. It's incredible how stormy it can get in places like Texas and Florida, isn't it? And how quickly it happens.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are STUNNING! I love the look of stormy sky. So GOTH!
Have a terrific Tuesday, my friend!
I am not confident enough to drive when I can't see. 😂
DeleteI saw your rain on the radar and did many rain dances to get it to come pour on us. no deal. for 4 days we have had storms to the East and west and north and south and we got a mist of 20 drops. it broke around us ever time. we are down to sand and weeds. I am watering plants with dishwater and black coffee/tea left overs
ReplyDeleteWhatever keeps them alive!!!
DeleteYou got some stellar images of this dramatic storm event! Thankfully, you made it back safely.
ReplyDeleteThanks Steve
DeleteWow talk about the light at the end of the tunnel!! Top left in the collage.
ReplyDeleteWOW
We had a whopper rain yesterday afternoon into the night 1.4" and the storm played havoc with Spectrum had not TV for 6 hours. I got lots of reading done
Hugs Cecilia
It was stationary...(the vehicle)
DeleteI'm glad you're safe. I remember a similar storm while driving North on the Florida Turnpike. I was taking a few days off from the ship to visit my elderly aunt and my cousin. I'm glad I made that trip, but the driving weather was terrible.
ReplyDeleteDriving in storms like we Texans & Floridians get can be horrendous
DeleteGlad you used common sense and stayed safe. We had hard rain here too - took down a limb that fell on the road in front. Your images are really remarkable, but a bit scary too!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing a stormy sky. But driving in a storm is no fun.
DeleteThat would have been a bit scary. Did not think about the side of the road and getting stuck. Now it is firmly in my useful information file. Sorry it wasn't enough to break the drought. Hopefully it was just the start.
ReplyDeleteYa, the ground is hard as pavement until it gets wet around here ...then, like quicksand!!!
DeleteWow! That looks like quite a rain storm! I've driven in rain where youcan barely see past the hood of the car! Not fun!
ReplyDeleteNo fun at all.
DeleteI'm so glad you got some water out of that dry sky over your head, my friend. It needs to do that every other day for about a month, doesn't it. I think about you all the time when I hear about the hot conditions in Texas. My thoughts & prayers are with you. Those pictures you took look mighty ominous. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteWe got more today. And still need more soon.
DeleteGLAD ya got the rain , sorry ya got soaked , love the shots. I don't like driving in the rain
ReplyDeleteor fog , take care
Thick fog is challenging too!
DeleteKind of a scary situation, but you kept your cool!
ReplyDeleteI tried
DeleteToo scary for me... 'wimp' that I am. LOL
ReplyDeleteI would have much preferred being home at that time!!
DeleteWOW! That sounds like a fierce downpour . Let's hope this is the start of more rains for you, to end the drought.
ReplyDeleteYes!!
DeleteI'm not sure at all that it was "worth" it, but those photos are awesome. Scary stuff that. I'm glad you got some rain, but it's unfortunate that it came so fast and furious. You need a good soaking rain. Speaking of rain, ours is to start again tonight and continue all day tomorrow. We are to have 40mph winds at the same time so that ought to be fun. 😳 I'll try to shoo the rain down your way...we certainly don't need it. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)
ReplyDeleteWe got more this morning. Winds were reported Sunday to be 60MPH
DeleteI've got caught in the rain so many times!!
ReplyDeleteGood that you pulled over to wait it out.
Scary driving
DeleteWow! That must have been some storm. Good thing you were able to turn around and drive until you could park safely and wait it out. Great Photos!!
ReplyDeleteThe drive was quite intense. I was talking to myself a lot. ⛈️
DeleteWow - you really got caught up in quite the storm. You got some great photos!
ReplyDelete🌧️⛈️🌧️
DeleteSo glad you arrived home okay, what a downpour!!!
ReplyDelete😊 thanks
DeleteSmart to wait it out. Been there done that too in Florida's sudden tropical storms. If I pay attention to the weather news, I would be better off.
ReplyDeleteI thought I could get in more before the storm hit. Not so
ReplyDeleteI hate driving in rain like that...well, it is best to not if you can pull off anywhere at all I know. But you got some amazing photos...for me, it would have been worth it to get them.
ReplyDeleteSo, are you walking without pain now, or still having to be very careful? I will read the replies in case that has been ask.
Yes, the pain is nearly gone if I don't over-do, thanks for asking
DeleteI am happy for you...do be careful and get totally healed. But I know you had to miss getting out. That is so much a part of your life.
DeleteI do miss being outdoors!!
DeleteI'm glad you were all right. That's scary stuff.
ReplyDeleteIt was.
Delete