? ? ?


Can you guess what story this picture tells? I apologize for it being a bit blurry...I was hanging over the edge nearly upside down a lot, looking DOWN of course, and it was windy.  I'll ask again...do you care to guess?



Well, I'll tell you then...
But first a hint:  It's looking down into the lake, through the water, and this shows the muddy lake bottom. Now care to take a 2nd guess if needed? When I spotted it I knew exactly what it was, and then went on a search to find it. There it was...


It's Boots [as in alligator boots]...under the boardwalk...one of his favorite hangouts. And the first image is the trail he makes [made] making his way through the muddy lake bottom, to his hidey-hole!!

45 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some trail. I didn't figure it out until you said you went on a search to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would make sure that I stayed out of his way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say a trail from a turtle, cool shot of the gator. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni, I cannot believe the deep TRAIL he made as he made his way through the water!?!? A-MAZING capture of the gator himself. WOW! My father used to spot gators on the golf course he used to play in South Florida. But I don't think he ever spotted one that up-close.

    Have a an awesome day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's huge...and can leave behind a trail!

      Delete
  5. When I first saw the photo, I thought I was looking at stairs that were submerged under water. Glad you kept your distance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was a tire track leading into the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. before i viewed Boots, i thought it was the boardwalk flooding from all the rain. had to go back to see what made you go down to verify. that is one awesome shot of Boots, he is pretty magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5/26/2022

    Anni! Oh my goodness! Yikes!!! It’s huge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEK! Do not like those creatures!!! -pout- LOL

    💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care for them either, but still makes great photo ops.

      Delete
  10. Holy toledo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure to have a good footing when you're hanging over the edge, kiddo!! *lol* Sure is a handsome fella though. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 I've put myself in harm's way

      Delete
  11. Anni you were brave to hang over and I thank you for the effort.Boots....is quite impressive as is his trail. WOW Wonder how old he is.
    PS I would never have guessed
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he's been here since we became Texans...18 years ago BTW, that's his head, not tail.

      Delete
  12. I had no clue such a collection of danger was possible as I live far removed from that species. With my blurred vision most of what I look at is like your first photo.Glad you stayed away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too thought it was a flooded walkway. Would never have guessed it was Boot's path way. Such a beast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never would have guessed but not that you told us, yes I can see that is an alligator trail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool shot, when I first saw the picture I thought it was a road under water.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, that did surprise me. I thought it might be tire tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often "we" don't see this when water level is higher

      Delete
  17. Oh my goodness! He leaves quite the trail. Sorry about your comment not being seen on my blog. I did get it, but hit a wrong button and deleted it instead of publishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Blogger has been acting up these days, I thought my comment may have gone to your spam folder.

      Delete
  18. Anonymous5/26/2022

    WHOOOAAA.... Boots be one BIG boy!!! What fantastic photo of him though! ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too thought it was an old path under the water. That is one very big alligator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guessed right! I love that photo of him - great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My first guess was a large turtle path - THEN! it was not! Your shot of Mister Al is wonderful! You have dare in your blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 I also like the name you gave him

      Delete
  22. What an awesome photo! I would have never guessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...at least you tried guessing?

      Delete
  23. YIKES!! Yes I guessed it, but worry about you being upside down and slipping. Be careful!! These are not nice little animals. I want to be very very far away from these creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty much safe. At least I think.😊

      Delete

Table of Contents