....Flower Foto Cont...


Ironcially, Andrea posted in her comment yesterday on my blog post that she'd like to "see me draw this". Well, guess what? I was just beginning to sketch it. Bud and I mowed and edged our lawn in the front before it got too hot [nice morning breeze was keeping the temp tolerable]. Afterward, when I came back in to cool down and drink water, I grabbed my sketch pad and pencil, opened my blog to the photo and began drawing...



I finished it after lunch dishes...


I titled it Amarillo by Morning!

48 comments:

  1. this is really beautiful, and the name is as pretty as the sketch/flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought that storm might come this way, but it has changed 3 times in 2 days and I just checked it on radar and looks like it might go over cuba, the keys and out in the atlantic. we are are on Hurricane watch 24/7 until the end of November

      Delete
    2. Hope maybe some rain without damaging storms?!!

      Delete
  2. It's just gorgeous! You are a very talented lady, Miss Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranberry orange muffins are one of my favorites too, Anni!

      Delete
    2. Thanks M&M. Yep, those muffins are best!!!

      Delete
    3. Ps...have you tried triple chocolate muffins (that's Bud's favorite..
      But, I don't think Molly can have anything chocolate, right?)

      Delete
  3. Well done, beautiful sketch and flowers. Take care, enjoy your day!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni, I LOVE the colors you used to create this beautiful piece! Well done!

    Have a faaaaaaaabulous Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni, this is just wonderful! I so love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amarillo by morning is my favorite George Strait song...what a beautiful sketch...I remain in awe of your sketches.

    Snake: I probably should have put this on the blog. We saw it on the trail as we headed back to the car.
    On the WAY BACK up the Stairs to heaven we saw two young whippersnappers coming down
    they advised they had seen a snake. As we were entering the park parking lot we saw them again. They told us they saw 2 more. We probably will not hike that trail again due to the rough terrain. So thankful we started our trek early, when it was still cool which might have kept the slithery critters hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anni, I was hoping you'd draw that picture!! It's absolutely GORgeous!!! You are so talented!! Thanks for sharing that beautiful picture with the rest of us. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning creation that leaves me in awe by your artistic ability! Sorry if I repeat, but I love the "step-by-step" shots you provide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely perfect capture. Loved seeing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. And glad the temps let you do some stuff outside.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh! It turned out great! You need to frame this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, it is gorgeous! Reminds me of Beatrix Potter's nature drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will now have to Google her art.

      Delete
  15. Anonymous5/31/2022

    Anni's got talent.... and LOTS of it! Love it...and the name! ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so enjoy seeing your sketches and the process. I have to try something like this sometime. Used to do it eons ago. This one is so pretty..talented for sure...
    About our lawn chairs..younger son Mark said lets just throw the chairs in the back of the car. Who knows what our sightseeing day will bring. Better to be prepared than wish we had them..I have the best "kids" !!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really nice framing to enhance your artwork. You sure have sketching and coloring talents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked seeing the progress on your sketch. And, the final framed view is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents