All About a Boy and a Girl and Teddy Bears...


It's 94°[F] at 1 PM as I type this up to preschedule publication. For a few minutes when I walked out to the mailbox for mail delivery, I watched the neighbors across the street building a new deck off their breezeway! Digging post holes in this heat [I imagine the heat index is above 100°!!] It might as well be 5000° for me! Crazy people. Anyway, I high-tailed it back to the cool interior. And, in this heat I have absolutely no gumption. I'm not walking as I should; just from the car to the grocery store and back to the car. I gotta get out tomorrow to take photos of some birds for my bird blog. It'll be a drive-by shooting from the open car window somewhere maybe. Or at least a well-shaded park. Maybe I'll just dig into my photo archive and find some there and call it good.

In the meantime, I've been sketching. As you know if you viewed my last post, the flower. After that was done, I went out on the 'net in search for still life. I decided to look for photos of teddy bears. I have three stuffed ones here at home, but they're of a polar bear and a panda. The other one is a Denver Bronco bear. Nah! Not good material for sketching. I found a really sweet one and uploaded it to my folder for future use. Then, as I scrolled more, I found the "perfect" one. Then...a 2nd perfect one!! The last two days I've worked on both...



Young boy and his teddy...gotta have a young girl, right?



If this heat keeps up, there will be a lot of sketching going on. Ya, I read books a lot, but that gets boring after a while - - no brain function. No thinking, no mental challenge.  LOL Oh, and the last few days, since I HAVEN'T been walking much, my sprained pelvis is feeling much better!!!!!! I hope, once I get back to walking the beaches again, it'll be feeling just as good. Don't wanna over-do, right?  Maybe this heat is a blessing in disguise.

Today, my youngest turns 50.  Holy cow.

54 comments:

  1. Aw, love those sketches. They're adorable.
    I don't blame you for not walking in that heat. I don't think I would either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m not a fan of the extreme heat either. Love your sketches, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there was an affordable place to live where temps were mild & constant, I'd reside there. The operable word is "affordable".

      Delete
  3. I love those sketches! I do hope your sprain goes away completely. The heat really might be a blessing in disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sketches you've showcased here! I love how you show the beginning and end of the sketch. It gives a good documentary as to what is involved. Glad to hear that you're pelvis is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni, we're expecting 96 degrees on Saturday and I am so not looking forward to it. But this always seems to happen here in May, it's goes directly to Summer and stays until the end of September. And as you know, I am not a fan of Summer or heat. UGH!

    Your sketches are FAB-U-LOUS!

    Happy Birthday to your youngest!

    Wishing you a cooler weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this past Feb my youngest hit 55 and 2 years before my oldest turned 55. I remember the big 50 for both of them and suddenly here we are. be careful, don't blink, he will be 55 soon..
    I suggest you conintue to rest that pelvis and Paint birds for your blog. I love your sketches and your paintings and continue to be jealous. I like bot the boy and girl with Teddy and lean slightly towards the girl as favorite but only slightly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting takes weeks to complete compared to just a day or two sketching time.

      Delete
  7. Maybe this miserable heat was just what you needed to let you get off your feet and heal. Lucky you to have the passion of art to give you a nice sit down activity when the heat gets oppressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure hope that post digger is young! But even so,he is a wee bit crazzzzzzzy!

    Precious etchings. I think I like the old-fashioned little girl, even better, than the boy. :-) Not being *Woman Power* here!!!! NOT! She is just adorable with her pinafore and hair in plaits.

    This done for pre-scheduled publication... Hmmm... Do you often do this? So you have a set time, for publication....? Always interesting, allll/anything about how we post and blog.

    Rainy and cool here this A.M. but 90 degrees and HOT, for Grandson's Graduation this Sat. No we are not going! The Head of the college is a *True-Believer-Covid-Nut* and only 4 people can go. Out doors even. Yish...

    Fine with us. Too hot for us oldsters!!!! LOL

    🌼🌱🌼🌱🌼🌱🌼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if the ceremony is outdoors? Hmmm, odd.

      Delete
  9. I'll take heat over cold any day..Still have heater on here. Your little boy sketch with the teddy reminded of one of my boys who dragged his everywhere - until he threw up on it once and I burned it. He never forgave me for burning "Brownie." Stay in and heal. I know you'll find a path to comfort as you have done before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your youngest, Anni, and many many more! Yes, the construction folks have to work no matter the weather. When we were adding-on the apartment for my mom here, back in 2001, it was a horribly hot summer....with many days near 100*F. They'd start work at 5am (much to the dismay of the neighbors!) and quit at noon. That's almost how they've got to do it in that sort of weather. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess as I age, I've become intolerant of heat.

      Delete
  11. Anni, I have several 'teddies' in the house also. And I too love your sketches... and like to sketch. But lately it hasn't 'called' to me. Getting my hands in the dirt seems to be my current focus (and yes, it's a bit hot for that except for early morning). The heat (and the failure of the Grid last year) is what got us to get a home generator. You don't want to be in a hot house with no power in the Texas heat. You can always layer in winter, summer is a different story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked gardening at one time & lost my mojo!!

      Delete
  12. I hear you on the heat it is on the rise here today. Tuesday and Wed mornings at wake up it was 58 degrees. Today it was 73. It arrives here tomorrow with real temp of 96
    No walking in that weather here either. We have a recumbent bike for extreme heat and cold weather. Bryan LOVED your passion flower.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 50th to your youngest! Yes, it seems the work goes on despite the weather. Yesterday it was pretty windy here and a group of roofers were running around on top of a local property not even bothered by it. Today, some rain, and I think I heard them again this morning. We have a few days ahead of high temps, which I don't love, but the succulents certainly will.
    I like both of your sketches!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME! you could draw oh lets say a donkey :) happy BDAY TO your baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I:be been tempted to tackle "donkey" from the movie, shrek

      Delete
    2. that sounds good or a stuffed one :)

      Delete
  15. Your boy & girl and their teddies are beyond adorable!!! I'm so glad your pelvis is better, how did this happen?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, how sweet are these two?! I've always had a soft spot for old teddies...and am happy to say a few old fellas have a home here. Yikes, your heat sounds oppressive. I still have the heat on. 😩 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such a talented lady. Beautiful sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good news that you're no longer in pain. But the heat!! I know we'll end up with a few weeks of 90 degree weather come July and August but to have it so hot in May already!!!
    I love your sketches. I'll see if I can find photos of sketches my eldest has done. She did an entire sketch/painting of my garden shed and I have that. I can post that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni, I am always amazed by your sketches. These may be my favorites - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to sketch them. The instant I saw their pictures.

      Delete
  20. We haven't seen 70 this year. Which by now, it has been up 70.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will reach 65 this weekend, the first time this year. I could not function in that heat! And your sketches are so wonderful, you are a very talented person, Anni. :-)

      Delete
    2. It's south Texas...early, but always hot in summer!

      Delete
  21. I just love your sketches.
    Happy birthday wishes to your youngest.

    So pleased your sprained pelvis is much better.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both sketches are excellent!!! Wow it sure is hot by you now!! Just in the 60's here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anni, wise not to go out in this heat. I was going to one of our walks but it is over 90 and humidity will be bad. I don’t do well in those temperatures. Coincidentally our neighbors are getting a new deck but they have hired a couple of guys. Even they quit early! Digging into your archives is a great idea. Being a lover of teddy bears and having many in my collection, I was delighted to see your sketch. Your little boy and little girl sketches are darling. You have so much talent! Do you keep these in a book, or frame any? Well, I always enjoy your sketches but I know how much you like to get out, so I hope the weather gets cooler for you. These things are sent to try us, and maybe teach us also not to overdo things :)

    By the way, thank you for giving me a head’s up on your comment. It was in the spam folder. I’m taking a few out all the time now. One of those glitches I hope blogger will deal with soon. I have heard others are having the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your sketches of the children and their teddies.
    I'm not a fan of hot weather either.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents