I've been contemplating what to sketch. A flower, an animal, maybe still life of some sort? About the only thing I've been accomplishing the last several days is getting outdoors to keep the plants in the ground, AND the potted plants hydrated. Still no rain. Lawn is brown, extreme drought conditions here and there is now a 'no water use' that has gone into effect. Anyway, sitting at the dining room table looking out the window, I figured the only flower that is thriving in this inferno is the passion flower! Okay, I'll draw that. What started out as a pencil sketch only....

...it turned into more, by adding color pencil to the sketch!

All finished, and I then matted it and added a frame for my blog post!
Well done and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Bobbie
DeleteLove the passion flower and your artwork is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks M&M
DeleteAnni, your passion flower sketch is GOR-GEOUS! So cool to see the progression in each photo. The colors you added were exquisite. And so are the mat and frame. How talented you are!
ReplyDeleteHave a terrific Tuesday, my friend!
Thanks Ron.
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteYour pick a beauty to sketch, love the Purple Passion flower. Take care, have a great day and week ahead!
Thanks Eileen.
DeleteWhat a stunning, beautiful sketch drawn so effortlessly! Your coloring and shading add excellent dimension so as not to look flat.
ReplyDeleteThanks Steven.
Deletethis is so odd. yesterday while looking for something on my blog, i landed on my passion flowers posts and said to bob, I miss those flowers, maybe we should get another one. the butterflies just love them. they do grow with a passion and here in FL spread like weeds. but I love them. this is truly one of my MOST favorite of all your sketches. awesome
ReplyDeleteI like 'em too, tho invasive! Thanks Sandra.
DeleteMagnificent flower! And you are such a great artist! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks D J
DeleteThat is beautiful, Anni! You sure are talented!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jeanette!
DeleteGreat job with such a lovely flower. Learned here today that they are drought tolerant and invasive.
ReplyDeleteThey sure can be uncontrollable!!! Thanks Patti
DeleteOoooooh Anni, that's absolutely beautiful! You have such talent, girl. Give Anni a pencil & paper and she can create something wonderful!!!! I'm so sorry your rain is in such short supply. It got so hot so early too, which doesn't help. We're lacking rain here too, in northern-most Indiana, but it's not so dire because it's not so hot here. May it rain buckets very soon for you suffering folks there in Texas, my friend! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteBuckets of rain, but no flooding! Thanks Andrea.
DeleteThat was a very successful endeavor! Did you use a photo for reference? Wish I could draw. You are very talented and the matting at finish is perfect!
ReplyDeleteYes, I use one of my photos for reference
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms. G
That's a lovely sketch! Sure hope drought conditions there improve very soon.
ReplyDelete~Mary
Me too...thanks Mary
DeleteI always enjoy your artwork. The purple is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mari!
DeleteThat is so beautiful! I remember the first time I saw one...I was just a kid and playing on this old rocky hill of our neighbors and came across one. I don't remember picking a flower, but told my mom about it and she told me what it was.
ReplyDeleteI like 'em for what the flower symbolizes.
DeleteVery lovely Art....
ReplyDeleteWonder what their secret is, to survive? They maybe store water in stems, leaves, something.....
May 17th and these conditions already........... Will the whole state, have enough grid, to run enough A/C, all summer?
I know, you don't have a crystal ball......
💧 💧 💧 💧 💧 💧 💧 💧 💧
The power grid (to me) will always be 'iffy'.
DeleteI do believe that you have a gift! too 2 cool
ReplyDeleteThanks!!!
DeleteI love it...You are so talented. I'm so sorry you are in that severe drought now. We are too but not as bad as you in Texas. Most of our water goes to Southern California and then we get the mandates to control use here in the Sacramento Valley.
ReplyDeleteIt makes no sense...mandating water usage when your water is being 'stolen' from you. Thanks Sue
DeleteOh my goodness, that is absolutely beautiful!! You are one fine artist!
ReplyDeleteNancy
(((Nancy))). ...I just left your blog. You have my deepest sympathies and & I appreciate your stopping by. Thanks.
DeleteAnni I am in awe...total AWE of your artistic ability. OH MY DOGS/CATS
ReplyDeleteAmazing how the passion flower tolerates so heat it looks so delicate.
They are threatening us with 95 on Friday. IN MAY just horrible
Stay hydrated.
Hugs Cecilia
Maybe it's a weed?!! A pretty weed...but weeds thrive in weather extremes. Thank C!!
DeleteYour talent ALAYS amazes me. This is so gorgeous! If you are ever selling any of your art, let me know! It is just gorgeous! The way you use color, and capture the exact image is just uncanny. I always love it when you post your art.
ReplyDeleteGolly Ginny, thanks!!
DeleteSo very lovely Anni. I'm always amazed at those with "the gift." I am reading the comments/replies about how invasive passion flowers are in some parts...I never knew that nor would I have thought that. Here, I consider it a rare treat if I find one at a greenhouse during planting season and then baby it all summer long and am always sad when the cold comes and it dies. But I haven't seen any for sale in a couple of years. ☹️ Sorry you are going through a drought...Ours usually doesn't come until August but then still we have well water so aren't as badly affected as t he farmers can be. A strange year it is, though....we went from winter straight to 2 days of summer, and now are in autumn already it seems. I have had to have the heat on the past several days. 😳 ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)
ReplyDeleteCome here...natural heat!!! Autumn weather sounds nice. Thing is it rarely freezes here, so the passion flower grows all year long!
DeleteIt's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ann
DeleteYou sure do have talent. My eldest daughter has discovered now, in her 50's, that she also has a talent for sketching and painting (water colour). She didn't get that from me.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to see some of her work, if she is willing to share!
DeleteTat is a beautiful piece of artwork.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ruth
DeleteVery pretty!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteYour pencil sketch evolved into something really beautiful Anni. I love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you Denise.
DeleteI hope some place like Texas and others will get rain in very near future.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
So do I
DeleteGorgeous!!! Such talent!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda
DeleteIt's lovely, I do like the colour.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thanks Jan
DeleteYou asked about a pic of my "new-no-hair"... I dislike self pics.... So I doubt I'll be showing ME. >,-))))))))
ReplyDelete🌼🌱🌼🌱🌼🌱🌼
That's okay
DeleteYou are so talented!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean
Delete