Sunday and the Beginning of My Week...


...Had some questions for my cardiologist this week, so I scheduled an appointment with the nurse practitioner at that office. I got 'em all answered for my peace of mind, plus a lot more good news. So, I'm happy 'bout it and glad I went. Again, they tell me there is no need to schedule a check up for another year. Of course, that is if nothing goes wrong or something unexpected pops up! It's hot here. 90°F at 4 pm when I'm typing this up on Wednesday for a prescheduled post for Thursday morning. The sky is cloudless, a slight breeze, and quite dry [for the coast]. Behind this all, there is a front that will move in and cool things down a bit...with highs in the mid-80s and lows in the upper 50s. Yay. That temp range is perfect for me. lol Anyway, to get back to my day trip for now,  on Sunday morning I drove to Ocean Drive where the South Bay intersects with Oso Bay with a road dividing it all. On the South Bay side, this is what I saw as I drove the mile or so without getting out of the car and then walking some of the distance around the street. The house in the series of four below happens to be one of my favorites along the way. It's on a curve in road, and from the widow's walk level you can see the bay waters. Also, love the gingerbread siding AND the matching gingerbread roofing [and the color scheme]...

...on the other side of the road, I again walked the distance and of course, took photos. This time of year the bird plumage [breeding] dazzles the eyes. Most all change and when I first started birding, I got confused of which bird I was looking at. But hard work, and study of the species, it's now 'old hat'. This is what I saw walking the opposite shore...


...and as usual a collection of more bird photos will be published on my bird blog Saturday afternoon [at noon, Texas time].

56 comments:

  1. I love the house! Wouldn't you just love to see inside? Wow, what kind of bee is this? It is all black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it's a carpenter bee.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had all your questions answered at your cardiologists.
    Oh my, that house is amazing. I would live on that front porch. If I ever move, I need a place with a big covered front porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love homes with covered porches.

      Delete
  3. That is one very tall house! Love the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anni,
    The terns are one of my favorites birds to see. Beautiful flowers! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so MANY different terns!!!

      Delete
  5. So happy to hear about the good news from the nurse practitioner, Anni! What a relief, hu?

    Great photos! Such beautiful colors. I love that house!!! So cozy-looking! I especially love that little window way at the top. Looks like an attic window.

    Have a terrific day and weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question most in my mind....it was a tremendous pick up!!)

      Delete
  6. Glad that you had great news from the nurse practitioner! Nothing like white coat syndrome when you walk through the door. Send some of those 90-degree temperatures this way. We keep getting cold fronts from Canada and can't get out of March weather. Beautiful photos from along the coast and gorgeous flowers that shine with warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love coastal living!! (For scenery mostly...hurricane weather? Not so much)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful health news. When your doctor doesn't want to see you for a year it is a great sign.
    Only problem with that house for me is how tall it is. All I can think of is all those stairs to climb and cleaning it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was owner of that house I'd have pros clean it.

      Delete
  8. That is a truly gorgeous home in a lovely locale.

    Love the flowers! I saw my first bee this week whilst out on my walk. That cheered me up quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the ones I have seen are "busy as bees"!😉

      Delete
  9. YAY x 100 on good visit with the NP. I too really like that house. Your flowers are so life like I feel a need to lean for a sniff.
    THank you for the kind comments today on my poem. That was one cantankerous Shetland!!
    The little cowgirl is not me but I agree she is adorable. The host for Poetic Thursday finds the photos for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I don't like their attitude at all. That girl should be you *wink

      Delete
    2. I recall about that age I asked Santa for a cowgirl outfit and got one. I obviously had dreams of being a cowgirl

      Delete
    3. There y'go!! A regular Cc Oakley.

      Delete
  10. The house is a wonderful example of beautiful and balanced architecture. Although my least favorite color is purple, the Mexican Petunias were abundant in SC and I have many images of them. The Evening Primrose is another of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no purple ...it is a sky blue with shades of pink.

      Delete
  11. I would love to live in that house but not during hurricane season, would need a house somewhere else. it is gorgeous and the views could not be any better. so glad your visit went well and relieved your mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. So far during the hurricanes that have it our area, no home damage ...but oh if there is a direct hit!!! Only a couple blocks from the shore.

      Delete
  12. What beautiful country and I love that house, too. You take such wonderful pictures, Anni. I hope your week has been a good one so far. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWEsome

    it's 50 here and a chance of snow to night and Fri.
    have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50° is okay...snow, not so much!!

      Delete
  14. Good to know you got all your health questions answered and you're doing well.
    I love everything about that old house. I've seen some newly built ones that look old...that's what I'd like. All the charm and none of the old wiring and plumbing problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent thought (about wiring, plumbing & other "hazards")

      Delete
  15. Oh my...absolutely gorgeous. What a place to walk and photograph..a pure buffet of color.
    thanks for sharing
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot to say congrats on the good heart report. Peace of mind for getting ALL your questions answered.
      Sue

      Delete
    2. It is one of my favorite areas to walk and check for birds (surrounded by water on both sides as I walk the shores).

      Delete
    3. I will post some about my special visit with cardiologist later. Thanks

      Delete
  16. Yay you on the clean bill of cardio health and questions answered! Seems like I have more questions to which there seem to be no answers than I have answers. What a beautiful area and amazing house. I imagine it to be dark and cool with beautiful breezes blowing through gauzy curtains on hot summer days.... It seems, though, that there is a large portion of the lower level of the house that has no windows....curious. Would love to know the home's history. And 90º seems like a universe away as I watch the snow fall...again. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down here the breezes on a summer's day is atrocious! Hot, humid, and literally suffocating. Better in spring, autumn & winter.

      Delete
  17. Louis Dean has a primary care appointment next week and a cardiologist appointment next month. Lots of upkeep in staying healthy and I am so happy about your good report!! Hearts are important!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also love that house. I wouldn’t want to live in it, too many stairs, but it is beautiful . My knees don’t like stairs much any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too ...stairs these days wear me thin!!

      Delete
  19. Glad you had a good report from the cardiologist.
    That house is so pretty! And so are the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like driving by that house. Never tire of it.

      Delete
  20. Bellas fotos y me alegro que estes bien. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’m glad your appointment resulted in good news!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so happy about your great report. Nothing like that to lift the spirits. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially this time!! There was a special purpose for this visit!

      Delete
  23. Terrific health news!

    What a glorious collection of images you've provided for us to enjoy! I would have a hard time traveling very far on that road. I'd be stopping and gawking and clicking for hours.

    Hope your weekend will be a birdy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it's very busy with birdlife, others...not so much.

      Delete
    2. That house looks like it belongs in a fairytale. We are supposed to warm up.next week.

      Delete
    3. ...fairytale indeed

      Delete
  24. The gulls on the rocks. I can feel the breeze, hear their laughter. Best photo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad your doing well.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents