Let's Go Surfing Now....


Up front, I am compelled to apologize for the heavy post filled with photos! I adjusted the viewing size to help this post's loading time! If you wish to view larger images, make use of the Blogger option of clicking on the pictures to embiggen with its Lightbox filter! This is the morning I sat on the shore of the Gulf watching the surfing activities and watching the sea crash into the jetty's boulders. After fighting for my balance and trying to hold my camera steady in the wind, I gave up and walked along the shoreline a while, finding a whole sand dollar partially buried...






57 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared all the photos. They are fantastic. Love the firs one in the third row. Nice find with the sand dollar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now consider myself rich! 😉

      Delete
  2. Faaaaaaaabulous photographs, Anni! I especially love how you captured the sea sprays against the rocks! I can actually hear the sound they made through the images.

    Have a terrific weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, the sounds are great too.

      Delete
  3. 9, 12, 13 and the sand dollar. wow. they are my favorites and I always click and inlarge on photos. to see those details. the waves are all spectacular...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    The sand dollar is a great find, usually I find the broken ones. Love the waves and surfers.
    Take care, enjoy your day and happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That water looks pretty choppy! Love the sand dollar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been there when the sea was more choppy!

      Delete
  6. I love seeing the windsurfer, and the sand dollar, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some really good and colorful shots there. I almost could feel the spray! Glad you are being careful not to fall!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wind can be a challenge by the open sea (as you know)

      Delete
  8. Great series. I haven't seen a sand dollar in aeons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great action shots....I bet the surfers really get a workout! I just liked all the shots...the water crashing, etc. Congrats on the sand dollar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like watching the waves And the sound mostly!!

      Delete
  10. Surfs up for sure. I enjoyed and enlarged each photo. The wind surfing is amazing.
    OMCs I love the sand dollar. I have several I found 30+ years ago. I say that was a lucky find.
    Hugs and Happy Easter
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One section of our beaches seem to have more than others

      Delete
  11. Delightful photos, so full of action and color..love them all.
    We used to find sand dollars on a beach in San Francisco but that was a very long time ago...Love it all and this post.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I'm always surprised to see a WHOLE dollar.

      Delete
  12. "After fighting for my balance..." Mmmmmmm... Glad you gave up that project, and walked, where I take it, you didn't have to _fight_ for _balance_!!!!!

    Cool photos!!!!

    Happy Easter
    🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love pics of rough seas and sandy beaches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. More so, love being there.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that's got to be even better. When we lived in New Orleans we'd always go down to the lake and watch the storms roll in. Once I got to stand on a pier on the Gulf in Biloxi and watch as it closed in on us. Powerful stuff!

      Delete
    3. Indeed...powerful.

      Delete
  14. The waves look crazy wild, and it even looks like the birds are being blown about. Aren't entire Sand Dollars pretty rare to find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they so easily crumble. To find a whole one, is almost miraculous. Yep, the birds had difficulty flying.

      Delete
  15. I would love to see surf like that...good for you for going there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great series of these windsurfers, especially the ones that you've captured scaling the huge waves!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed all the photos. I embiggened them ( love that word) so I could appreciate them. Especially those crashing waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embiggened is more fun than enlarging. 😉

      Delete
  18. That water looks violent. Thanks for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't too bad. I've seen it worse.

      Delete
  19. Ok...the people who do that are nuts. NUT!! The photos, however, are incredible. I bet the smell, sound and feel of the water stays with you long after you can no longer smell, hear or feel it. You have sand dollars there too?? Trade ya some snow for a sand dollar?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate snow. But if I could ship you a sand dollar without one breaking to bits, I would.

      Delete
  20. Wow! Such incredible waves! I love the sand dollar too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Anni
    The steps on my blog lead up a home about 3 blocks from here.
    Raleigh's elevation is 315'. This house must have an elevation of 345' LOL
    There is another section of stairs to the front door. The driveway is just to the left of the photo. It is curvy and hilly. It would be no fun to navigate in ice or snow.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no fun with ice & snow!

      Delete
  22. That's some pounding surf! I have no desire to go surfing, but really love watching the waves pound ashore.

    All of that beauty and you even earned a dollar for your effort!

    Thank you for sharing some wind, waves and sand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding whole sand dollars here and there, I DO considered richness. lol

      Delete
  23. Awesome post, glad to see that you are living your best life on the beach taking lots of photos to share. Makes me miss the Gulf Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anni...
    To answer your question on my blog..yes, we will attend church in the morning and then go over to our friends home for a BBQ. We have known their parents for over 40 years and attended our former church together. We moved here to Rocklin and a whole lot of our friends and their "kids" did too. So now we oldies and all the kids and their grandkids are getting together. There will be over 20 of us together. I just finished making potato salad for 20. Lots of potatoes and eggs. Can't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will hold off but the home is big enough for all of us to eat inside so its all good. Thanks for asking. I will try to take a few photos...but you know how that is when the eating and chatting get in the way..HaHa..
    Happy Easter to you and Bud too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like a wonderful get together!

      Delete
  25. Fantastic photographs you've shared.
    Thank you.

    Happy Easter Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Happy to you and yours.

      Delete
  26. Hermosas fotografías. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  27. These pictures are stunningly beautiful, as always, Anni! I have missed your gorgeous photos while I was away. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents