Some of you know I am a die-hard baseball fan! And as I sat at my computer this morning [April Fool's Day -My daughter's 53 birthday], I was thinking this poor guy with the same name as the actor who committed a faux pas during the 94th Oscar telecast [shame] must be getting all kinds of harassment [all in fun I hope] because of his name! Will Smith!! When he walked out on the field he was BOOed! Was it because of the day in the year, can people be that naïve to think it was the one and the same? I don't know, but I pity both the ball player and the actor. I know it was wrong what he did with Chris Rock, and I know all actors have an ego that tops all...but, I can only say, I've not lived in his shoes [nor his wife's]. So, I can't judge either on their actions alone. Now...let the Baseball Season Begin!!!!!! Hopefully, this new season will have some good things, take my mind off of the Russian/Ukraine War, the price gouging at the stores, online, autos, gas, etc. And be a good, healthy deterrent of what is/what was. And one more thing, when I texted my daughter to wish her a happy birthday at 4:34 AM, I told her that about now, 53 years ago, I was being cleaned up from birthing, and she was being slapped silly!! Of course her comeback was "Glad the doctor channeled his inner Will Smith that morning"!!
LOL LOL LOL Your daughter has your sense of humor Anni and she quick too.
ReplyDeleteHappy 53 to your Daughter.
As for Will a split second is all it takes to make your world topsy turvy.
Hugs Cecilia
LOL, your daughter's comeback was perfect. Happy 53rd birthday to her.
ReplyDeleteWe have a 52 year old son, where has the time gone! I really admire Chris rock for the way he handled it. The police came and wanted to arrest Smith, but Rock repeated that he would not press charges. After all, it was only a slap, not a fist. Could have been a lot worse.
ReplyDeleteLOL.. Love your daughter's comeback. My inner jury is out on the Chris Rock/Will Smith thing. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it may have been faked. But who knows? Surely not me. Like you, I hope the booing of your" Will Smith was in fun. Otherwise, I would have to just shake my head. ~Robin~
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your daughter.just for fun I googled the name will smith and there are 250 MILLION hits on that name. wow..
ReplyDeleteYou must have been watching a Dodgers game. Me too on PLAY BALL--we need it.
ReplyDeleteHappy 53rd to your daughter She has a really quick wit. That was funny.
I love, love, love your daughter's sense of humor! That was the best comeback I've ever heard. Happy Birthday to her.
ReplyDeleteThat poor guy with the same name. I think it's crazy that people mix them up though.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Irene! Love her response!
Happy birthday to your clever daughter! And I too think it's a shame that it all happened like it did.
ReplyDeleteI so enjoyed your post☺ Happy Birthday to your daughter, Anni!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday to your daughter. I wonder how long will they talk about the Will Smith's slap. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteAnni, LOVED your daughters response. That was BRILLIANT!
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic weekend, my friend!
This just show how ridiculous people are if the baseball player was boo'd because of his name! Will Smith (the actor) may be a broken man but until I hear he apologized to Chris Rock personally I will always think of him as a egotistical jerk! Happy birthday to your daughter!
ReplyDeleteLike mother, like daughter - quick sharp wit! I'm sick of hearing about the Oscar mess. Feel that neither one of them should be judged by anyone. Their problem, not ours. Not important in the scheme of things going on in the world today. Just fodder for the news.
ReplyDeleteOh for heaven's sake. People really are That Stupid, I guess. Another example would be that the media can't stop talking about it when we really have so many other truly important things occurring in the world and the country.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to your daughter.
ReplyDeleteLove your part about your sweet daughter being born and the Will Smith slap...
ReplyDeleteOur crazy, messed up world needs a break so Let's Play Ball !!
Sue
We definitely need something other than world events to occupy our minds.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your daughter!!
Happy Birthday to your daughter Anni :) Chuckled at your description of when she was born. And walk a mile in their shoes is what I try to tell myself, for anyone. World events are only a click away. We are more informed than we used to be that's for sure. Baseball has always been a welcome distraction.
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question about the spoon rest..I'm not exactly sure of her age..she must have been in her 70's but at my age of the middle 30's everyone of that "age" seemed old. I had many older friends that I loved chatting and enjoyed being with. Our church at that time had a senior center full of activities every week. That was a LONGGGGG time ago. Sue
ReplyDeleteClever daughter! She's about the same age as mine.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great entry with tidbits that made the full circle from beginning to end! I am glad that my mother doesn't know how to text. :-) I wouldn't appreciate a text at 12:47 AM.
ReplyDelete