Leftovers...


The last entry of the park's grounds...along the river, the spanish moss and a tree overlooking the cliff, plus one more bluebonnet...



41 comments:

  1. Best leftovers I've had all week. No calories either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd settle for a slice of leftover pizza!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your Spanish moss. It's so graceful and beautiful blowing in the breeze on the trees. We don't have it here in CT and I sure wish we did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too, and never tire of seeing it along the "lazy" river.

      Delete
  3. I love the Spanish moss, beautiful trees and blooms. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always loved the look of Spanish Moss but the old wives tale about chiggers living in there kept me from ever touching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard this. Of course, I would definitely not have anything to do with it other than admire the beauty.

      Delete
  5. I've always been intrigued by the Spanish moss, especially after seeing so much in Savannah. Your PoV in these photos showcase it very well with the sun backlighting them and making them shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. spanish moss is a favorite of mine, it has been a part of my entire life, living in the South. I am happy it is returning to our trees, it disapeared for a few years and the a few years ago started to appear again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wonder what happened to make it disappear?!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful series of photos, Anni! LOVE the one of the sunlight beaming through the bare tree branches. Spanish moss reminds me of living in Orlando, Florida.

    Have a terrific weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that tree too. Hence...a photo. 😊

      Have a terrific weekend Ron

      Delete
  8. Spanish Moss is so romantic....

    Says "Old South."

    But we aren't supposed to say that anymore. And I agree, to the slave part of it.

    And... It itself, could not have existed, without the slave part. So......

    Scratch the "Old South" reference.

    Just love the romantic look of Spanish Moss.

    🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it..
      .it does have a southern romance" feel.

      Delete
  9. I love Spanish moss it looks so graceful blowing in the wind.
    Once I read the term 'don't let the bed bugs bite' originated way back when people used Spanish moss to stuff pillows. Evidently chiggers live in the moss.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. My father used to be so charmed by Spanish moss. He'd often bring scads of it home from his southern travels and place it in our trees in Ohio, hoping it would somehow "take." Can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bluebonnet photo is stunning, especially with the way the sun is on it. And your Spanish Moss photos are really amazing. I have never seen it up close. It almost looks like thorns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks "scratchy" to me up close.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful pics, Anni... especially love that 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all kinds of leftovers...(:0)
    Beautiful flowers and scenery..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! You have the perfect lighting in these. I love the trees with the moss hanging from them. I saw similar on a trip to Florida a few years ago. The Texas Bluebonnet is gorgeous! I hope to see them for real one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late March, early April for Bluebonnets!

      Delete
  15. I used to love touching and stroking the Spanish Moss. Your photos are beautiful, especially the closeups. I would like to see a micro view too! Now I'll just have to internet search for one to calm my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This kind of leftovers are a very good thing. Love that Beautiful Blue Bonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You saved the best for last... Can you hear me sighing? If I ever move south, it will be because of Spanish moss. The warmer temps would, of course, be a bonus. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty now. But summers can bea bit torturous.

      Delete
  18. I love spanish moss! These photos are so pretty. And that bluebonnet in the sunshine is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty photo for last day of March.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite kind of leftovers. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. April 1st....

    Re: "Let YOur Light Shine's" post today.

    Thin Blue Line sculpture.

    You said you didn't 'get it.'

    This is what I commented;



    How wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!

    Our Police are the Thin Blue Line, between us and mayhem!

    Thank you so much for posting this!!!

    And of course, your whole blog look, is delightful.

    🌸🌱🌺 Little Break 🌺🌱🌸

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents