As I mentioned in my previous post, "Living on the Edge", I spotted and photographed the banded brown pelican that was on the jetty...a few weeks ago. Well, when I got home I sent in the information to get the bird's history. I received the certificate via email:
Spring is Busting Out in the Stores....
I also mentioned in the same post that when I do get the chance to photograph and record a bird that has been tagged, I try to always send it in. I then went through my bird blog and did a bit of searching for any that I posted on that blog. This one I spotted and thought I'd share its history with you. It was banded in North Dakota, and I spotted it [14 miles east of Champman Ranch on the beach in Nueces/Kleberg County line Texas.] As you can see this plover [isn't it a cutie?!!] has been banded several times to get more of its life and migration [approximately 1500-1600 miles twice a year!!] through the time period. Now you understand the emotions and excitement it stirs in me:
On Sunday, I was bored. We have had heavy, at times flooding, rains. As I waited for the Divisional Playoff Football games to begin, I wanted to go to At Home, home furnishing store for a throw rug for the back door. I bought two new area rugs for under the coffee table and the dining room table.
Well, the throw rug that was there for years just didn't 'fit' afterwards. I wanted something that would match. LOL I had time, so off I went to shop. I found one that was very similar to the new area rugs. And then, since it has been so wet, gray, and chilly, I spent some time just walking around the store. The store is getting ready for all things Spring!! Lifted my spirits some...
Then, for all of us who are tired of snow, winter chills, storms, etc. Here are some cheery photos on the store shelves. Hope some or all bring a smile to your day:
Garden Gnomes
Easter
Valentine's Day
St. Patty's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is pretty cool to be able to see where those birds have been.
ReplyDeleteLove those rugs. I have been wanting to get a new one for the living room and dining room.
Cute stuff you found. The gnomes are adorable.
I thought of Ginny seeing all those gnomes
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteThe Plover is cute, adorable photo. It is great you were able to read these bird bands.
I love the gnomes too, they cute too. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.
I was in awe seeing all those tags on the plover!
DeleteIt's amazing how far the plover has flown! The gnomes are so cute. I love the one the Easter one with the bunny ears ☺
ReplyDelete🐰🐇
DeleteCongratulations on these certificates! The piping plover frequently stops in town here, but I have to capture it on film (or memory card). :-) The rugs really add a lot of color, especially when it is so drab and gloomy outside.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy reading birds' history.
DeleteThat would be thrilling to get all the information on the birds! Imagine traveling as far as some of them do!
ReplyDeleteI did enjoy the pics to cheer us up.
😊🐇😊
DeleteAnni OMCs yay you and your most observant mind's eye to see the pelican. What a treat to have the certificates too. Amazing how much you learn with the snap of your camera.
ReplyDeleteI really like your area rugs...of course...there are pops of red.
I fear the huge rodent will see his shadow here in Raleigh. Very sunny I was hoping old man winter was about to hibernate.
Gnomes are happy
Hugs Cecilia
No matter. Shadow/6 more weeks of winter. No shadow/6weeks 'til spring.
DeleteI love this my friend. So lovely.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteOur At Home is enormous. I can get lost in there, literally!
ReplyDeleteLove that cute little plover--what a charmer.
Huge store here, too.
DeleteI love all those pictures, Anni, and it sure does bring hopeful thoughts of spring. Congratulations on your certificate! And I love your new rug... I'm happy to know someone else who loves color like I do. God bless the banded animals!! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteDon't like drab...gotta have color!!
DeleteHey Texas Anni! I know you will have opportunities to receive more certificates of appreciation as you see more banded birds. Congratulations! The new rugs are very colorful and nice. My grandmother made similar rag rugs but hers were muted pastels. I like the bright ones better.
ReplyDeleteMom used to make 'em too.
DeleteThat Is Fantastic And Congrats - Our World Needs More Garden Gnomes - Dig The New Rug - Smiles All Around My Friend
ReplyDeleteCheers
Cool about the birds but..... "Ol' Worry Wart Me" here. How many of those bands, on those tiny legs, before they cause on a drag on her flying???????????
ReplyDeleteStore getting ready for Spring! Notice my Sig. Line today. And my blog post for 2/1/'22.
And your words ("those tired of...") are nearly the same, as mine!!!!<--Great minds think alike and all that jazzzzzz. -grin-
Gentle hugs
⛄ Half way between 🌺
We are getting closer to warmer days with blossoms & sunshine!!
DeleteWow if those rugs don't brighten your day, medication wouldn't help. Love them.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool with the certificates. You not only see and record them but you get to "know" them.
True!!
DeleteI needed those cheerful reminders of spring today. It is a blizzard outside. I am glad I have no place I need to be but at home.
ReplyDeleteStay warm & dry!
Deletethat was a cute bird.
ReplyDeleteI might have said this before, many way
when I see a gnomes I think of you.
we are in line foe a BLIZZARD WED THOugh Fri.
Hope the storm either passed you by, or was a gentle one.
DeleteOh that little Plover is a real cutie. I had no idea they traveled so many miles...quite amazing...
ReplyDeleteYour gnomes that you found are so cute.. I may need one of those for my garden too.
Temps got down to 39F last night but no frost..the wind is blowing like a real storm and the sky is crystal clear .. at least the wind is blowing all the pollen that's beginning its Spring Fling is going some place else.
Sue
It's 29° here!!
DeleteBeing Bored use to bother me. Now I consider it being "uneventful" no drama. I like the rug. Such color
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I get 'bored'with uneventful too. 😉
DeleteSo cool to find out the information of the birds you come across.
ReplyDeleteLike those nice bright rugs!!
😊
DeleteThat is really something to get the certificate about your banded pelican. What a nice touch from the USGS. It must be very rewarding to get all this information on these banded birds, found the one on the Plover very interesting too. It is incredible that such a little bird can travel such great distances not once, but twice a year!!! Your area rugs look so pretty! Thank you for sharing all those seasonal garden gnomes. They brought a smile that I much appreciate. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteBirding can be very rewarding! IMO
DeleteWow...that's one busy little bird! I wonder if he's trying out to be a carrier pigeon? ;-) Love the new rugs - Colorful like you. And, hmmmm....inquiring minds want to know: Did any of those gnomes come home with you?? ~Robin~
ReplyDeleteNope, only bought the throw rug.
DeleteI love all the spring things you found! I'm still cleaning up after Christmas and it's nice to be uncluttered! We are going to get new carpet this spring in the living room, dining room and hall so I am not putting a bunch of debris back until after that's done. Can you believe we are already into February? Time flies by......
ReplyDeleteI don't bird like you do but I was happy to see black capped chickadees here in teh front yard!
What a great yard bird!!
DeleteThe Gnomes are soooooooo cute! I just posted a picture of a Gnome village I spotted while out walking. Walking indoors at the store sounds like a win win situation. You get steps, you get to stay warm, and you see pretty things to lift your spirits. Congrats on the birds. I didn't know there was a program to follow miles and history of birds that have been tagged. Very interesting.
ReplyDeleteIt's rewarding for me to find those tagged birds.
DeleteI love the colors of those rugs! I need to pay a visit to At Home. I seriously need to see some Spring inspiration! That is pretty exciting to see where the band birds you saw came from!
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteI don't know how I missed this post yesterday, and did not know it until i saw todays post and came to see the rugs. congrats on your Texas Anni certificate. love the rugs and would be happy with them in my home. i went shopping yesterday for a bathing suit and drove to one of bealls outlet and it was gone and the sign said at home. i did not go in. never heard of one. must be like hobby lobby. love the bunny gnome but don't think the valentine looks like valentine, more like christmas with the plaid
ReplyDeleteAtHomeis a household warehouse. Nothing like Hobby Lobby.
DeleteHave him stop by my birding blog.
ReplyDeletehttp://id-rather-b-birdin.blogspot.com
I enjoyed taking this little wander through the store with you. I'm not a shopper, so I dont get into many store. Perhaps that is my mistake. Yes?
ReplyDeleteYou save money! Well, unless you shop online. 😉
DeleteVery cool to get the certificate! Interesting to see the tags and learn some history.
ReplyDeleteThe gnomes are adorable.
😄
Delete