A few weeks ago, as I mentioned previously, our South Texas Art Museum had a special exhibit of some of Rembrandt's works. Of all his art, one of my favorites is the Prodigal Son...it just moves me to a field of awe and inspiration. With his exhibit here, there were no photos allowed of course, but I did get a chance to see one of the preliminary sketches of the very same among dozens more plus some of his treasured implements and tools! I was thrilled. The museum is at the end of the cultural center downtown, along with other museums, theater, arenas, stages, etc. The photo I share of the museum was found thru google, but I cropped it some...
In other exhibit halls, photos were allowed of some of the permanent displays and exibits. I just took photos at random to share with y'all...
Wow, I would love walking through there and looking! Both beautiful and kind of outrageous wonders.
ReplyDeleteArt is that way...right? Both beautiful, outrageous, and at times, strange.
DeleteI'm with Ginny, I would love walking through there too.
ReplyDelete😊🎨
DeleteBeautiful artwork and the dresses are just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI think of how heavy those bejeweled gowns were!!
DeleteBeautiful artwork and exhibits. Take care, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy weekend yourself Eileen.
DeleteI have got to visit later on computer...I canbtell you now I am really going to enjoy seeing these on it!
ReplyDeleteLarger helps see more detail!!
DeleteA splendid series of photos showcasing the pieces within the museum! The exterior of the museum is a work of art and isn't just a four wall building.
ReplyDeleteYa, the building itself is a work of art 😊
Deletenice museum and my favorite is the dress of many colors with the long train. what a fun day. once Ringling Museum had ansel adams exhibit, they were huge, as in 8 x 10 feet or even bigger that would not fit in our living room. at the same time they had Floridas Ansel, clyde butcher. same art as ansel but not the west, florida scenes. i took my son with me and we spent hours because they had benches in front of them and sat and stared and stared. google clyde butcher everglades to see his work
ReplyDeleteto answer your question on my post today today, no, not hired to take the photos, i just documented everything i saw through my canon rebel dslr. i wish it still worked. i miss that camera. from 2006 when i bought it until about 2015 i went out every week end with it.
DeleteWill go Google!!
DeleteRegarding your photo series, okay, now I understand
DeleteIt's something special to have an artist who speaks to you, isn't it? I love the Dutch painters, too. There's something about their style and the way they see.
ReplyDeleteOur collections in Cleveland are awe-inspiring as well. It's a wonderful asset to a community to have great art.
Yes, as I said, Rembrandts work "speaks" to me.
DeleteOh how beautiful, Anni. My favorites are the Madonna & Child, as it depicts Mary looking "older", which is something I haven't seen. I also love the Day-Of-The-Dead girl. Wonderful! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThis painting is of saint Anne (Santa Ana) and the virgin Mary as the child.
DeleteWhat a treat. I think I would have almost been more impressed with his preliminary sketches. That would be a look into the process which I would find facinating.
ReplyDeleteThe large collection was incredible!!!
DeleteOMG Anni, that gown is BEYOND gorgeous! I cannot believe the attention to detail from top to bottom.
ReplyDeleteMother had a photograph similar to the one you shared of the Blessed Mother. So beautiful.
Thanks for sharing, my friend. I really like the shot you took of the museum and surrounding water. What a great capture!
As I mentioned, that image I shared is Google images. That gown, it makes me think of all the weight!! lol
DeleteGorgeous...I can't imagine walking around in one of those gowns all day .. my aching back..
ReplyDeleteThe sketches would fascinate me too.
I haven't been to a museum in a long time..think its about time for a field trip!
Sue
Here, our museum has special exhibits ....some are worth going to see! Some, not so much
DeleteIsn't it amazing how some artwork can just move you and touch your soul.? I remember going through the art museum in Sarasota many years ago and just being overwhelmed with awe at the beauty of the paintings I was looking at.
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana
There are very few that intrigues me, but when the do....I can sit, stare, and marvel for hours!!
DeleteSafari wouldn’t let me comment on my iPad, so I’m trying something else. Great post!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean
DeleteTrying something else.
ReplyDeleteIt worked. 😊
DeleteEvery thing is beautiful. Sure would have liked walking around there too.
ReplyDeleteIt's a nice place to spend a couple hours.
DeleteHaven't been to a museum in recent years ...
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your visit though, great photographs.
Wishing you a good weekend.
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan.
DeleteIT looks like a great exhibit! What a fun thing to walk through.
ReplyDeleteIt was good...I like how our museum has an interchangeable exhibit often.
DeleteWhat a fun way to spend a day!!! I haven't been to a museum in a long while. But I spent many an enjoyable hour at the Prado when I lived in Madrid. It just leaves one dumbstruck. Of the things you described, I think I would have most liked to see the tools. Must be the anthropologist in me LOL. Enjoy your weekend! I'm sure you're warming than we are! ~Robin~
ReplyDelete"warmer"
DeleteIt's cold here....for south texas wind chill in the high 30s!!
Delete....maybe warmer! 😊
DeleteDress is beautiful. Wonder if you have time could we learn more about it.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Didn't read much of the gown's background. Sorry.
DeleteOhh you have inspired me to per chance go in our Art Museum.
ReplyDeleteWe love walking and the many miles of trails around the museum.
Next trek we need to go inside
Hugs Cecilia
Hope you take pictures to share!!
DeleteBeautiful gowns!
ReplyDelete😊👗😊
DeleteIt is wonderful to be able to visit a museum. There aren't any around here but my family relatives with 4 kids live in Philadelphia and have wonderful experiences with their visits.
ReplyDeletePhilly is filled with culture and history!!
DeleteThat’s a very interesting building. I find the architecture very different to the museums I have seen. I can only imagine how long it took to make those amazing costumes, and I am always in awe of the paintings from Rembrandt and others, and these sculptures. I saw a painting that had been on loan to the Smithsonian, one of Da Vinci’s works. They affect me deeply. I saw one lady and the effect on her was that she was drawn to touch the brushstrokes. A guard quickly appeared and asked her not to. She was embarrassed and apologized but I could see what happened at her first sighting of it, she was mesmerized. Must have been a great visit Anni, and thank you for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteIt can be tempting to touch & even photograph against rules!!
DeleteI Love Strolling Around Through Museums - Big Fan Of First Friday Art Hop - Have A Wonderful Week Hootin
ReplyDeleteCheers
First Friday hop sounds fun!!
DeleteI have no memory of your Meerkat post! Oy. I try not to copy other's posts, sorry!!
ReplyDeleteNo problem at all Ginny. Public domain is just that...for public use!!
DeleteYes!
ReplyDelete