The Old Lady and the Sea....


One of the days when the sun was out, I took my sister to our Art Museum. They had a Rembrandt Exhibit during her stay. The display of his works was a true treat for us 'pokes' and nerds along the Coastal Bend!! I really enjoyed it. While we finished up touring the entire museum, we then walked the seawall area for a while, and often took sitting breaks so Sharon could take photos! Being land locked as she is at home, she loves being by the sea. We aren't called Sparkling City by the Bay for nuttin'!!! Anyway, for the past week, we have had chilly, bone-numbing, cold air!!! In fact, this morning [Monday] when I got out of bed, there was frost on the neighbor's roof. Down-right unheard of for the most part. I spent a few minutes on the computer playing with photos taken in December. This is one Sharon took of me the day of the museum trek as we sat and enjoyed the sea breeze and warm sun...The original photo is the insert, I played at manipulating the photo for an 'oil' look:



At another time, I will share some of the museum photos...

60 comments:

  1. this is a lovely photo of you! Casual and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a beautiful painting! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you manipulated the photo!

    Re Roger cutting his beard after the little girl.told him he needed to shave..no. he did not...he has had a beard most of our married life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seen odd to have a clean-shaven hubby then!!

      Delete
  4. Not only was that a nice photo of you but what you did with it is a work of art. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo, the editing looks beautiful.
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful transformation in this oil painting! I hope the cold subsides quickly. Let's not have another 2021 on our hands in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warnings of power outages coming here 😞

      Delete
  8. I love-love-love both those pictures of you, Anni! The manipulated one and also the original. That says "you" to a tee! Beautiful! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo! Well done, Anni! I absolutely LOVE what you did with the photo. I really does look like an oil painting! I also love the bright colors.

    have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely photo, both before and after manipulation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. every monday residents of the state of florida have free acess to ringling musuem. I have been many times and that means i know the thrill of looking at these paintings. they amaze me that they are so old and stunning to look at. you sure had a great time with your sister. excellent photo of you and a beautiful art piece

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni you are an excellent 'manipulator of the photo'!! And I love your top
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both pieces look great.
    i hope you warm up down there. We're snowy and cold up here in NEO, but that's nothing new for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...predicted to get colder the next few days!!

      Delete
  14. Loved the photo but amazed at how you manipulated it. Suitable for framing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this photo of you and what you did with it. I agree with arkansas patti, it is worthy of a frame to be put on your wall. Thanks for visiting my latest post and id's the artwork on there anni. much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great manipulation! I love experimenting with all of the possibilities. this is a winner!! It is addictive for me, as you well know. Your sister caught you perfectly with her shot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rembrandt exhibit. My husband would have loved it! He is fascinated with Rembrandt, and first trip (of only 2) we took to Europe, we went to Amsterdam Holland and saw as many of his paintings as possible. -smile-

    Very cool photo manipulation! Is that the term? I learned the correct term, from you, the other day, but may have forgotten and 'mangled' it here. LOL

    Frost!?! Ohhhhhhh you POOOOR DEAR!!! -giggggggles- You have to forgive Northern me, for giggggling.

    Please.......?

    :-)))))

    Merry Midwinter Wishes
    🌲🌟🔥🌲🔥🌟🌲🌟🔥🌲

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGOSH! I LOVE HOW THAT PICTURE TURNED OUT. IT GIVES SUCH DIMENSION TO THE PHOTO THAT WAS TAKEN. PERFECT.
    I WOULD HAVE LIKED THAT EXHIBIT, TOO. XO DIANA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun shot of you, both the photo and the creative one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect "oil painting".. it really is frame-able. Wish I knew how to do that type of thing for some of my photos.
    It looks like you had so much fun with your Sis.. good times and good memories.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are all kinds of "free" art programs online. Just drag a photo and choose the filters!!

      Delete
  21. that is a great photo... and missing the gulf as I do I can see your sister enjoying being there. North Texas is great... but I do miss being around water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....as I miss her Rocky mountains!!

      Delete
  22. I can't imagine how you did it but the final result looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love what you did with the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That experiment turned out beautifully! Then again, you had a beautiful subject. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  25. That was a nice photo to start with and I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a very nice photo. I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What A Fantastic Photo - Also, Congrats On The Grandson's New Adventure - That Was A Lovely Post For Sure - Take Care Hootin

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like the oil painting effect of photos! I think the way you are posed especially works well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey, a rare photo of Anni!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do like how you manipulated the photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the picture, and I would love to walk on the beach,
    it has been a roller coaster with the weather here too. yesterday it was
    50 and to day the high is 28, the lows in the teens.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents